over 4 years ago
Account Manager- Energy
Salary: up to £26,000 depending on experience
Job type: Permanent
Location: North West with national travel
Consultant: Tim Hall
Job reference: ACCDE235
Our client is a leading energy consultancy, currently looking for an Energy Account Manager to join their growing team
To maximise client value via successful relationship management, retention and business development opportunities.
- Planning and prioritising contract renewals in line with business objectives and escalating potential risks to line manager.
- Contract renewal.
- Identify/pursue business opportunities to maximise value.
- Recognition, recording and escalation of any perceived competitor threats.
- Timely and appropriate provision of market/procurement information to protect profitability of relationship.
- Ensure regular reviews on strategy performance, impact on spend, energy efficiency impact on future consumption are addressed and incorporated into execution.
- Regular and accurate maintenance of all system records.
Main Duties and Responsibilities
- Ensure effective service delivery of all contracted activities.
- Understand all deliverables and the processes involved to accurately and pro-actively set expectations
- Record client feedback and take effective and appropriate action where necessary.
- Discuss and agree with client the procurement strategy including payment terms, type of energy, duration of supply and type of offer etc.
- Discuss and agree with client the relevant site list and volumes to be tendered (pre tender report).
- Present results to client and make recommendations.
- Liaise with Supplier Liaison team for contract negotiations, credit check issues, supplier objections.
- Liaise with client on prices and general market conditions
- Implement and manage the Communication Plan applicable for customer type
- Secure renewal activity business in line with KPI
- Log all calls, client visits, and communications
Desirable Knowledge and Experience
- A general knowledge and understanding of UK energy markets, procurement products, and customer service provision to UK energy users.
- Some exposure and understanding of trading activity in the UK gas and electricity markets.
- Well-developed knowledge of energy supply contracts and price structure.
- Skilled in use of PC based software applications including MS Office and experience of spreadsheet / reporting design and management.
- Experience in the property and/or services sector is an advantage
- Strong presentation, report writing and analytical skills.
- Customer Focus Commercial Awareness
- Influencing skills
- Building Trust and Understanding
- Ability to liaise with adjacent departments
- Results driven
- Strong planning and prioritisation skills
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Leadership : is supportive, consistent, has integrity and treats people with dignity.
The Green Recruitment Company is an Employment Business for interim, contract and temporary recruitment and acts as an Employment Agency in relation to permanent vacancies.
To apply for this role please contact us at:
Tim Hall firstname.lastname@example.org or