9 months ago
Job Title: Administrator
Salary: £17,000 – £26,000 depending on skills and experience
Permanent | Full Time Hours with flexible working patterns available | 37 hours per week
Reporting into the Director of Development, you’ll be responsible for providing effective and efficient administrative support to the Director of Development and the wider Seagreen Project Development team. The role involves establishing and maintaining practical and quality governance for administrative processes, data gathering/analysis and reporting to ensure that the team are organised and focused on their designated responsibilities.
- Principle responsibility for carrying out all work safely across all the Generation Development projects, including application of SSE safety family and working with others to develop new initiatives to improve health, safety and the environment
- Accurately updating and/or producing reports for the Seagreen Director and his direct reports.
- Accurately taking minutes from meetings and issuing them timeously to all relevant parties following each meeting
- Ensuring all actions are noted in the Action Log after each meeting and distributed then to all relevant parties
- Working closely with the Document controllers to ensure effective documentation and procedures and monitoring to ensure appropriate implementation by all users.
- Arranging travel for the Seagreen Director and the team as appropriate and manage the diaries of the managers within the Seagreen project
- Responding to queries as and when necessary and within a timeously manner
- Organising meetings and ensuring appropriate resource/rooms available, tracking team movements and holidays and taking the lead on company activities e.g. GDPR, maintaining /ordering stationary and PPE requirements
- Onboarding new staff ensuring inductions completed, ensuring efficient access to IT, other required systems/hardware and PAC access, organising/ recording any required training
- Ensuring compliance with driving permit procedures and other requirements, and raising new IT requests
- Developing strong working relationships within all areas of Generation Development
- Proactively issuing communications on behalf of the Seagreen JV and the wider Development team
- Providing support in raising orders and progressing delivery of service for projects
- Other ad - hoc duties commensurate with the role
Your Skills & Experience:
- Prior experience within an administrative or similar role
- Demonstrating competence using Microsoft Office packages e.g. word, excel, power point, project, outlook
- Experience of basic financial processes such as invoice processing, raising purchase orders etc.
- Demonstrating excellent customer service skills to deal with stakeholders, colleagues, team members and other teams from across the business
- Ability to interpret and apply complex written information relating to policies and procedures
- Ability to manage and work efficiently with resources, often on a limited budget
- Good communication skills, both oral and written
- Ability to achieve and deliver results within deadlines
- Demonstrating production of high-quality materials and reports
- Taking a proactive interest in energy market and associated economic and political issues in UK and Ireland
The Engineering Centre is a centralised function providing effective engineering and technology capability to support the safe operation of a diverse fleet of thermal generation, gas storage and renewable generation assets, whilst driving to secure sustained plant income through improved plant availability and performance.
We have an excellent benefits package as part of our offering. Here’s a few highlights;
- Generous holiday allowance (you can even buy additional holidays)
- Great share plans
- Group Pension Plan
- One day paid volunteering
- Tailored internal development opportunities
Just click the Apply button to submit your application, it doesn’t take long.
Closing date for applications is: Wednesday 16th May, 2018
This vacancy is open to internal and external candidates. If you’re internal, please notify your line manager before you submit your application. If you’re successful, we’ll conduct some pre-employment checks.