3 months ago
Job Title: Asset Manager - Heat
Location: Glasgow, London, Perth or Reading
Salary: £36,500 – £55,000 depending on skills and experience + annual bonus
Permanent | Full Time Hours | 37 hours per week
Enterprise Utilities is the Distributed Energy and Power Services business within SSE, providing generation, storage, and private network solutions to commercial, industrial and local government customers. We finance, own, operate and maintain energy infrastructure for commercial, industrial and residential customers providing them with a market leading project development service and certainty of operational performance and asset management. With over 300 assets under management the asset management team manages the financial and operational performance of the assets within the Utilities business.
Reporting to the Head of Asset Management, you’ll be a key member of the Asset Management Heat team. You’ll be assigned a number of operational heat networks, with responsibility for the lifetime management all heat networks assets under your control. This will include being responsible for monitoring and optimizing the delivery of safety, performance and financial returns.
- Responsible for ensuring that all licensing, regulatory and contractual obligations are met.
- Developing and maintaining relations with the owner and various stakeholders
- Assisting with various performance reporting and forecasting, and ownership of P&L for each asset
- Supporting the wider Asset Management directorate to continually review and improve its systems, processes and procedures
Your Skills and Experience
- Degree in a suitable Engineering, scientific or financial subject, with relevant industry experience
- An experienced asset management practitioner, ideally with an asset management qualification
- Ideally a member of a technical institution
- Practical knowledge of HEAT networks and thermal generation
- Proficient in the use of asset risk management software tools
- Understanding of appropriate legislation
- Excellent verbal and written presentation skills, can report to al levels of the business
- Highly IT literate
- Ability to investigate data provenance and quality and ensure compliance at all levels
The Enterprise Division comprises four companies: Contracting, Rail, Telecoms and Utilities. The SSE Enterprise Projects and Operational Support Team support the entire Enterprise division leading the deployment of best practice in assurance, project management, engineering and in handling strategic projects.
SSE Enterprise Utilities deliver multi-utility infrastructure and distributed energy networks for large scale developments across the UK, offering market leading solutions for our customers’ electricity, gas, water and heat needs. We can bring significant investment, providing a range of funding and asset management options for utility infrastructure projects.
With more than 22,000 employees working over 242 locations, we strive to be a great place to work for everyone. In addition to a competitive salary, you’ll automatically be enrolled in into our Group Pension Plan and have the opportunity to join our Share plans. You’ll enjoy a generous annual leave entitlement of 34 days (inclusive of public holidays), with the option to buy up to 10 extra days. Each employee is also entitled to one day paid volunteering, allowing you to dedicate your time, skills and expertise to your local community or a charitable cause as part of our “Be the Difference” scheme.
Just click the Apply button to submit your application, it doesn’t take long.
Closing date for applications is: Monday 23rd April, 2018
This vacancy is open to internal and external candidates. If you’re internal, please notify your line manager before you submit your application. If you’re successful, we’ll conduct some pre-employment checks.