10 months ago
Job Title: Asset Manager - Heat
Location: Glasgow, London, Perth or Reading
Salary: £36,500 – £55,000 plus bonus
Permanent | Full Time Hours | 37 hours per week
You’ll be assigned a number of operational heat network assets, with responsibility for the lifetime management of all assets under your control. This will include being responsible for monitoring and optimizing the delivery of safety, performance and financial returns.
Other duties will include;
* Ensuring that all licensing, regulatory and contractual obligations are met
* Develop and maintain relations with the owner and various stakeholder
* Assist with various performance reporting and forecasting
* Take ownership of P&L for each asset
* Supporting the wider Asset Management directorate to continually review and improve its systems, processes and procedures
Your Skills and Experience
* Degree in a suitable Engineering, scientific or financial subject
* An experienced asset management practitioner
* Ideally with an asset management qualification
* Ideally a member of a technical institution
* Practical knowledge of Heat networks and thermal generation
* Proficient in the use of asset risk management software tools
* Understanding of appropriate legislation
* Excellent verbal and written presentation skills
* Highly IT literate
* Ability to investigate data provenance and quality and ensure compliance
The Enterprise Division comprises four companies: Contracting, Rail, Telecoms and Utilities. The SSE Enterprise Projects and Operational Support Team support the entire Enterprise division leading the deployment of best practice in assurance, project management, engineering and in handling strategic projects.
Enterprise Utilities is the Distributed Energy and Power Services business within SSE, providing generation, storage, and private network solutions to commercial, industrial and local government customers. We finance, own, operate and maintain energy infrastructure for commercial, industrial and residential customers providing them with a market leading project development service and certainty of operational performance and asset management. With over 300 assets under management the asset management team manages the financial and operational performance of the assets within the Utilities business.
* We have an excellent benefits package as part of our offering. Here’s a few highlights;
* Generous holiday allowance (you can even buy additional holidays)
* Great share plans
* Group Pension Plan
* One day paid volunteering
* Tailored internal development opportunities
Just click the Apply button to submit your application, it doesn’t take long.
Closing date for applications is: Wednesday 15th August
This vacancy is open to internal and external candidates. If you’re internal, please notify your line manager before you submit your application. If you’re successful, we’ll conduct some pre-employment checks.