19 days ago
Job Title : Asset Planner – Onshore Wind
Location – Inverness / Contin
Salary: SSE06 £31,345 - £41,396 Plus Bonus
Permanent | Full Time Hours with flexible working patterns available
As Asset Planner you’ll form part of the Operational Support Team and report the Planning Team Lead.
We’re looking for someone who is highly motivated and independently driven with excellent organisational skills. You will understand our renewables business and have experience working with machine manufacturers and contractors. Knowledge and understanding of Maximo and Office365 would be an advantage although training will be provided.
The purpose of your role is to ensure maintenance and inspection activities are planned and performed safely to maximise business efficiency, safety and remain compliant to protocol. Your collaboration with Operations and Maintenance teams is key to ensure required resources are identified to support budget build, annual planning and unplanned work.
You will develop and maintain reports to assist with new process improvements, and documents for the benefit of the business. You will keep up to date with technical developments within MAXIMO, specifying where changes could be made to further optimise efficiency. Ensuring the asset management system is effectively structured and provides the correct functionality across all applications. Including account creation based on roles and responsibilities, asset database, screen and user configurations.
You will have knowledge of Asset Planning (Tools / Techniques / Processes) coupled with Project Management Methodology’s and your main accountabilities will include:
- Prepare, develop and coordinate short-term and long-term plans to ensure maintenance requirements are prioritised and delivered effectively.
- Prepare and submit reports produced from Maximo on maintenance activity, risk and performance, communicate works progress and alter plans if schedules are delayed or disrupted.
- The administration and upkeep of the maintenance management system ‘IBM Maximo’ to ensure quality information relating assets and maintenance activity is captured, reflective and communicated as required
- Be an effective Maximo superuser keeping up to date with latest upgrades and system developments to support operational business requirements.
- Effectively communicate with key internal and external stakeholders to ensure plans are agreed and delivered.
- Ensure Company policies and procedures are applied.
Your Skills & Experience
To be successful in this role, we are looking for someone who has the following;
- Practical Experience working in a controlled Safety Environment.
- Full knowledge around asset management and maintenance strategy.
- Experience within Wind or Electrical Generation Industry.
- Qualified to HNC level or equivalent Engineering Level.
- Knowledge of asset management systems such as IBM Maximo,Microsoft Applications including MS Project.
Ideally, you’ll be qualified to HNC level or equivalent in a relevant engineering discipline, however as the position requires knowledge and experience gained within industry, consideration will also be given to suitably experienced individuals. Previous experience within the wind or electricity generation industry would be an advantage, although this not essential. Knowledge and practical experience of working within a controlled safety environment will be necessary, together with proven knowledge of asset planning tools, techniques and processes. Familiarity of asset management systems such as IBM Maximo would be an advantage, although not essential. Experience of Microsoft applications, including competency in MS Project would be beneficial.
SSE Renewable Operations operates and maintains wind farms across GB and ROI; we’re the UKs largest generator of electricity from renewable sources (wind and hydro), owning and operating almost half of the UK's total renewable generation capacity.
Our Generation Development business is responsible for the development and construction of SSE's portfolio of thermal and renewable energy projects. As a company we now have over 3,500MW of renewable energy capacity in operation, under construction or with consent for development.
We take pride in our work; we employ people who care about quality and who want to feel proud to be part of the SSE family. We believe our people are our most important asset and believe in developing our staff to get the best from them, building up talent from within SSE.
We have an excellent benefits package as part of our offering. Here’s a few highlights;
- Generous holiday allowance (you can even buy additional holidays)
- Great share plans
- Group Pension Plan
- One day paid volunteering
- Tailored internal development opportunities
Just click the Apply button to submit your application, it doesn’t take long.
Closing date for applications is: 18th March 2019
For more information about this role, or to discuss any adjustments you require to submit your application please get in touch via email@example.com