2 months ago
Job Title: Beatrice Wind Farm Engineering Manager
Location: Wick / Contin / Inverness
Salary: £43,200 - £65,500 depending on skills and experience + excellent benefits + car/cash allowance + annual bonus
Permanent | Full Time Hours
As Engineering Manager, you will be responsible for managing the Offshore Engineering team to ensure that Beatrice assets are managed safely and effectively for both routine maintenance activities and defect resolution activities. You will bring experience of implementing machinery safety legislation to ensure assets are operated in a safe manner, adhering to operational safety practices. You will also be responsible for implementing robust and consistent maintenance practices that are employed to maximise operating efficiency of wind assets.
You will provide focused technical and project management support to ensure the business can meet its goals. Furthermore, you will be required to engage with multiple stakeholders, both within and out with SSE, to ensure that the Offshore business can operate to the highest standards of safety and technical performance; and will have responsibility for identifying key budget submissions for planned and unplanned works and business improvement projects and to deliver any budget submissions within the budget year.
You will hold line management responsibility for the team of Engineers and to outline continual development plans for each member of your team. You will lead by example and will encourage discussion, interaction, continuous improvement and problem solving in a collaborative, team environment.
Your Skills & Experience
* Demonstrable experience managing teams in offshore engineering / utility environment would be an advantage.
* Degree qualified in a core engineering function, or the ability to demonstrate suitable experience in a similar role.
* Ability to perform both safety, environmental and technical risk assessments to ensure that activities are managed safely and effectively.
* Ability to provide Engineering solutions to all aspects of Offshore infrastructure; Wind Turbines, HV assets, SCADA, subsea and marine structures.
* Competent in discussing machinery / Electrical safety legislation and implementation of such through recognised safe systems of work.
* Experience and knowledge of OFTO and HV networks up to 400Kv would be an advantage.
* Ability to innovate and to drive team innovation to ensure that SSE’s Offshore Wind business is aware of emerging best practices, technologies, etc.
Renewable Operations operates and maintains sites across GB and ROI; we’re the UKs largest generator of electricity from renewable sources (wind and hydro), owning and operating almost half of the UK's total renewable generation capacity.
With more than 22,000 employees working over 242 locations, we strive to be a great place to work for everyone. In addition to a competitive salary, you’ll automatically be enrolled in into our Group Pension Plan and have the opportunity to join our Share plans. You’ll enjoy a generous annual leave entitlement of 34 days, with the option to buy up to 10 extra days. Each employee is also entitled to one day paid volunteering, allowing you to dedicate your time, skills and expertise to your local community or a charitable cause as part of our “Be the Difference” scheme.
Just click the Apply button to submit your application, it doesn’t take long.
Closing date for applications is: 22nd October 2018
This vacancy is open to internal and external candidates. If you’re internal, please notify your line manager before you submit your application. If you’re successful, we’ll conduct some pre-employment checks.