over 4 years ago
Job Type: Permanent
Salary: £34,000 - £38,000
Consultant: Toby Day
My Client, imports, distributes, and installs biomass boilers. Our Client is a major player and leader in the renewables market with enormous scope for further rapid expansion. They are currently looking to recruit a highly-motivated Installation & Commissioning Engineer. The company is experiencing rapid growth and serves the commercial and domestic biomass sectors, offering quality boilers and district heating solutions.
The responsibilities of the biomass engineer will include installation, service, technical support and commissioning of commercial and domestic biomass boiler systems. Provide product training of the biomass systems to internal employees, engineers and end users.
* The successful applicant will have a solid understanding of how such projects are developed and structured, both commercially and contractually as well as from a technical perspective.
* Project Management and the ability to work with other engineering and environmental specialists as well as interfacing directly with clients are essential attributes.
* developing of biomass projects
* design and specification of biomass projects
* general administrative tasks
* Using simulation design software
Commissioning and troubleshooting biomass boilers and heating systems
* Wiring (power and control) of boilers and heating systems
* Biomass district heating control and technical support
* Willingness to work away from home and provide breakdown cover
* Develop & support ongoing improvement of engineering procedures for biomass power stations.
* Maintain generic engineering parameters for Biomass projects, including:
* Plant & building dimensions
* Fuel characteristics
* Technology performance (e.g. output, heat rate, availability, consumable consumption)
* Project CAPEX and OPEX estimates
* Maintain a watching brief on emerging technologies for the recovery of useful energy from biomass feedstocks.
* M & E Engineer with 10 years experience
* 2 or more installs of a biomass system
* Ideally educated to degree level in mechanical, chemical or process engineering (or equiv)
* Relevant industrial experience, preferably in the field of bioenergy, electricity generation (thermal plant), or other thermal process industry.
* Chartered or working towards chartered status with a strong appreciation of project management.
* Strong contract and project management skills
* Excellent team-working and strong communication and IT skills.
* An ability to manage work to tight deadlines, often with competing demands including management of staff & task delegation.
* Full UK driving licence.
* Experience of working in a project team on the design and procurement of large thermal plant under EPC and/or EPCM contracts would be a plus.
The Green Recruitment Company is an Employment Business for interim, contract and temporary recruitment and acts as an Employment Agency in relation to permanent vacancies.
To apply for this role please contact us by clicking apply now