BREEAM Principal Modeller £50,000 London - Willow Shaw Ltd
This job expired on 22-06-2012
Browse Renewable Energy Jobs by Region
Here are some similar jobs for you to consider...
Principal Engineer 25 days ago
Salary band: £40k - £50k
Principal Engineer Job Type: Permanent Salary: £45k - £55k Location: London Consultant: Dominic Wall Ref: PEJU The Organisation: The Green Recruitment Company is working with a leading provider...
South West, Bristol
Salary band: £60k - £70k
Green Recruitment Solutions are currently seeking a Principal Process Engineer for a world leading engineering, construction and project management Company. The ideal candidate will have a strong b...
Salary band: £30k - £40k
Sustainability Consultant (BREEAM, CSH & SAP) City of London This is a great opportunity for individuals at Junior or Intermediate level looking to develop and focus their experience within the S...
Principal Electrical Controls Engineer 3 days ago
Salary band: £70k - £80k
Principal Electrical Controls Engineer for a Global Technical Advisor to the Global Oil & Gas Industry. The typical expected work split is: Technical knowledge Implementation 50% Project Manage...
|Salary band:||£40k - £50k|
|Salary Details:||£40-50,000 plus benefits|
|Company:||Willow Shaw Ltd|
|Sector:||Business Development | Consulting | Engineering | Environmental | Management|
|Job Categories:||Carbon Capture and Storage CCS Jobs | Consulting Jobs | Energy Efficiency Jobs | Environmental Jobs|
Senior / Principal Sustainability Engineer (Energy Modeller, BREEAM)
£40-50,000 plus benefits
*Updated Jan 2012*
An independent and growing practice of sustainability consultants is looking for an experienced and passionate Principal Sustainability Engineer with experience in Dynamic Simulation Energy Modelling to join their team. The position will involve building the modelling side of the business as well as building and leading a team of modellers, so team leading and / or business development skills are essential to the position.
The role would suit somebody who has been working for a time in a larger M&E consultancy, developing the required skills and who is now looking to take on a role with a greater degree of responsibility and the opportunity to use a wider range of skills.
- Sustainability Consultancy at planning, detailed design and during construction stages
- Energy modelling for Part L compliance using dynamic simulation software such as NHER Plan Assessor, Heat 3, Design Builder or IES
- Supervising and undertaking BREEAM assessments
- Chairing meetings
- Managing junior staff
- Networking and presenting at conferences
- Developing new business opportunities where appropriate in order to continue the successful growth of the company
- Experience of Environmental Assessments such as BREEAM, EcoHomes or Code for Sustainable Homes (CfSH)
- Experience of and accredited for Part L compliance modelling using tools such as IES, TAS or Design Builder
- Experience of Dynamic Simulation Modelling for daylighting, overheating and load calculations. Software modelling skills required are:
- o thermal comfort analysis,
- o solar gain and daylighting analysis
- o heat load and cooling load calks
- o part L and EPC calculations
- MSc in a related field (Sustainability, environmental sciences, physical geography, engineering or similar)
- Engineering background including a related BSc or previous experience
- Excellent written and spoken communication skills
- Entrepreneurial character with a technical background
- Creative approach to problem solving
- Committed to environmental considerations
- Able to clearly present information both verbally and in writing
- A swift problem-solver with imagination and initiative
- Punctual, reliable and able to prioritise work to meet deadlines
You must be able to demonstrate a sincere interest in the built environment and strong project experience, as well as excellent client facing skills as business development will be an integral part of this position. The company offer full training to work with engineers and architects across the whole portfolio of projects managing the environmental impact of buildings. There is real opportunity for career progression in the next few years with this company.
To apply: contact Abi at Willow Shaw quoting AH040d