4 months ago
My client is a leading provider of power generation and combined heat and power solutions, including the design, build and plant installations to landfill sites, sewage plants and water treatment sites across the UK.
Due to continued expansion they are looking for a Field Service Engineer to cover the SouthCoast.
Reporting to the Service Area Manager the successful candidate will be based in Southampton, Portsmouth, Andover or surrounding areas and will travel to customer sites carrying out planned preventative maintenance and reactive tasks to gas powered generators and related plant.
Candidates must be flexible in their approach to work as this involves travel throughout the South Coast including London.
Although not essential, this may well be suited to candidates coming from an (ex military) background i.e. Army, Navy or Royal Air Force (RAF), especially those from a Royal Navy Marine Engineering background.
- Deliver an efficient and cost effective service to customers to ensure maximum availability of gas engines and related balance of plant is achieved through fast response trouble shooting and fault rectification.
- Ensure scheduled maintenance is carried out to the required standard in order to avoid unnecessary replacement of parts and engine unavailability.
- Ensure out of hours callouts are responded to in a timely manner.
- Take oil samples ensuring they are labelled and dispatched to the laboratory in accordance with agreed standards and procedures.
- Ensure parts are selected, ordered and used correctly, with any parts that prove unnecessary being returned to store in order to keep wastage to an absolute minimum.
- Maintain van stock in good condition, accurately booking parts out as they are used and reporting actual shortfalls (as compared to S21 stock level) to the Area Manager.
- Ensure that liaison and communication with Area Manager, customers and subcontractors on site is maintained at all times.
- Document all site visits and complete service reports in accordance with agreed quality standards and timescales.
- Build and maintain positive relationships with customers, based on consistently professional dealings and attitude.
- Maintain a high level of site house-keeping and presentation.
- Ensure that company supplied equipment is well maintained and kept at a high standard of cleanliness.
- Maintaining tools in a good and safe working order and calibrate as required.
- Support the Area Manager by supervising and training Apprentices and new employees as required.
- Follow and adhere to Health, Safety, and Environmental standards and regulations at all times.
- Hold a relevant engineering qualification NVQ/City & Guilds.
- Must have a strong electrical and mechanical background.
- Experience of working with gas would be an advantage.
- Strong technical background within a similar role.
- Hands on experience with control panels.
- Experience of heavy plant machinery such as Diesel Generators, Gas generators and Engines - essential.
- Ability to fault find and read electrical wiring diagrams.
- Excellent customer service skills.
- Ability to work on own.
- Sound communicator.
- Enjoy problem solving.
- Able to work and remain calm under pressure.
- Flexible, prepared to travel and take part in the on call rota.
- IT Literate.
- Hold a full clean driving licence