Civil Engineer, Onshore Windfarm Development - Morgan Hunt
This job expired on 16-01-2013
Browse Renewable Energy Jobs by Region
Browse Renewable Energy Jobs by Job Categories
Here are some similar jobs for you to consider...
Energy Project Development Engineer 12 days ago
Salary band: £50k - £60k
Energy Project Development Engineer Salary: up to £55K basic + benefits Location: Central London Job Type: Permanent Consultant: Tim Hall Ref: EBSEE7 The client Our client are a leading Constru...
|Salary band:||£30k - £40k|
|Salary Details:||£30000 - £40000 per annum|
|Location:||Tyne & Wear|
|Job Categories:||Wind Energy Jobs|
My client is one the UK's largest engineering firms and are heavily involved in the development of multi megawatt onshore wind farm projects and large scale solar farms.
They are searching for a civil engineer experienced in the development of onshore wind farm projects. The primary of this role is to oversee and instruct the civil engineering side of the construction of onshore wind farms.
- Assess the technical viability of wind projects, including site surveys, outline drawings for planning and other applications, estimation of capital costs and business case and other similar tasks.
- Define all project stages necessary to take a project through to operation
- Manage junior engineers to carry out the above works
- Prepare project plans, including time, resource and budget requirements
- Manage construction and engineering of access roads, substation buildings, turbine foundations and all other civils related engineering on site
- Management and supervision of junior engineers
- Detailed design drawings
- Procurement packages
- Liaise with contractors
- Prepare contracts
- Sign off contractor works
Required skills and experience:
Experience in the construction and detailed design estimating capital costs, and managing the installation of large scale wind projects in the UK or abroad.
Solid experience and working knowledge of civil engineering, twinned with appropriate qualifications.
Academic qualifications in a relevant degree to a 2:1 standard or higher
Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills
Good understanding of all the essential skills required to deliver a successful large scale wind project
Verbal communication skills to liaise with team members, clients, suppliers, contractors and others
Detailed understanding of the full Microsoft Office package and previous experience with specialist software including GIS and AutoCAD, Lowflows, Windfarm (among others) would be beneficial
Full UK driving license
Morgan Hunt is a multi award winning Employment Business for interim, contract and temporary recruitment and acts as an Employment Agency in relation to permanent vacancies. Morgan Hunt is an equal opportunities employer.