Client Representative - Quanta Consultancy Services
This job expired on 25-01-2013
Browse Renewable Energy Jobs by Region
Browse Renewable Energy Jobs by Job Categories
Here are some similar jobs for you to consider...
B2B Renewable Energy Executive 4 days ago
Scotland, Aberdeenshire, Dundee
HOTHOUSE ENERGY is a truly unique Renewable Energy business that saw 200% growth last year. This is an excellent opportunity for a B2B professional to join an expanding company in this growth area....
Salary band: £30k - £40k
Job Title: Senior Consultant Industry Sector: Waste Management & Resource Management (Consultancy) Job Type: Permanent Salary: up to £40,000 Office Location: Central London Consultant: Tom Wood R...
East Midlands, West Midlands, North East
Salary band: £25k - £30k
Regional Manager or Regional Manager Designate: MWF are one of the UK’s leading suppliers of wood-fuel for biomass boilers. We are expanding rapidly and require a Regional Manager or Regiona...
|Salary band:||£100k +|
|Salary Details:||Competitive rates|
|Company:||Quanta Consultancy Services|
|Job Categories:||Wind Energy Jobs|
The offshore wind farms are located in the North Sea. The wind farm will consist of 50-100 wind turbines. All turbines will be connected to a farm internal transformer platform to which the grid connection will be installed.
The location is one of the most promising in the emerging offshore wind business in Germany.
• A good understanding of the relevant codes and standards for cable installation work and testing requirements for same of a prerequisite
• Implement HSE policies and contract HSE requirement. Conduct audits and inspections to ensure compliance.
• Participate with contactor's staff and client's operations staff, in all pre-commissioning activities.
• Close liaison with contractors and their sub-contractors, ensuring all permits to work are in place.
• Carry out all construction and fabrication checking. Monitoring activities required for the successful delivery of the contracts assigned.
• Monitor the overall progress of the contractors against schedule, providing reporting on same to line management, highlighting the potential for delay and propose remedial actions and signing contractor daily reports.
• Maintain adequate records relating to events surrounding the work, which may give rise to contractors claiming for a cost increase against contract. Contribute to project close out reports as applicable.
• Review contractors’ quality plan with client appointed 3rd party inspector, ensure compliance with the agreed quality plan.
• Ensure contractors have viable schedules for their work, recognising interfaces with other on-going client activities.
• Review construction contractor’s work procedures; assess contractors’ personnel and equipment for suitability for the work.
• Check the client supplied material issues to contractors, ensuring that any surplus is accounted for.
• Participate in job hazard analyses and attend safety toolbox meetings on a regular basis with contractor’s work teams.
• Assist in constructability reviews and the planning and scheduling of construction jobs.
• Prepare project close out and “lessons learned” reports.
• Liaise with others and supervise materials identification and co-ordination of supply to work sites
• Ensure adequate inspection and testing is carried out, ensure as-built drawings are produced by contractors where they are contractually obliged to prepare same.
• Check cable during the laying process. Damages have to be documented with photos.
• 5 years+ offshore experience, with all Certification valid for 1 year or more including BOSIET, Offshore Medical, etc.
• Between 1-5 years experience in offshore termination cables
• Experience of working in the Offshore Wind Industry.
• German Language skills is a bonus, but not essential