Client Representative - Quanta Consultancy Services
This job expired on 25-01-2013
Browse Renewable Energy Jobs by Region
Browse Renewable Energy Jobs by Job Categories
Here are some similar jobs for you to consider...
Renewable Energy Sales Consultant 10 days ago
Yorkshire, Aberdeenshire, Glasgow
HOTHOUSE ENERGY are a truly unique Renewable Energy business that saw 200% growth last year. We are currently recruiting for Sales people/surveyors to demonstrate and sell our R...
Renewable Energy Consultant 20 days ago
Salary band: £20k - £25k
Wardell Armstrong LLP is seeking two renewable energy consultants to fill vacancies in Truro and Newcastle Upon Tyne. Candidates should ideally be graduates or have a post graduate qualification in...
Salary band: £30k - £40k
Job Title: Renewable Energy Consultant (Associate level) Job Type: Permanent Salary: £30,000 : 40,000 Location: South West England or Scotland Consultant: Nick Gillison Reference: REC:NG The Organ...
|Salary band:||£100k +|
|Salary Details:||Competitive rates|
|Company:||Quanta Consultancy Services|
|Job Categories:||Wind Energy Jobs|
The offshore wind farms are located in the North Sea. The wind farm will consist of 50-100 wind turbines. All turbines will be connected to a farm internal transformer platform to which the grid connection will be installed.
The location is one of the most promising in the emerging offshore wind business in Germany.
• A good understanding of the relevant codes and standards for cable installation work and testing requirements for same of a prerequisite
• Implement HSE policies and contract HSE requirement. Conduct audits and inspections to ensure compliance.
• Participate with contactor's staff and client's operations staff, in all pre-commissioning activities.
• Close liaison with contractors and their sub-contractors, ensuring all permits to work are in place.
• Carry out all construction and fabrication checking. Monitoring activities required for the successful delivery of the contracts assigned.
• Monitor the overall progress of the contractors against schedule, providing reporting on same to line management, highlighting the potential for delay and propose remedial actions and signing contractor daily reports.
• Maintain adequate records relating to events surrounding the work, which may give rise to contractors claiming for a cost increase against contract. Contribute to project close out reports as applicable.
• Review contractors’ quality plan with client appointed 3rd party inspector, ensure compliance with the agreed quality plan.
• Ensure contractors have viable schedules for their work, recognising interfaces with other on-going client activities.
• Review construction contractor’s work procedures; assess contractors’ personnel and equipment for suitability for the work.
• Check the client supplied material issues to contractors, ensuring that any surplus is accounted for.
• Participate in job hazard analyses and attend safety toolbox meetings on a regular basis with contractor’s work teams.
• Assist in constructability reviews and the planning and scheduling of construction jobs.
• Prepare project close out and “lessons learned” reports.
• Liaise with others and supervise materials identification and co-ordination of supply to work sites
• Ensure adequate inspection and testing is carried out, ensure as-built drawings are produced by contractors where they are contractually obliged to prepare same.
• Check cable during the laying process. Damages have to be documented with photos.
• 5 years+ offshore experience, with all Certification valid for 1 year or more including BOSIET, Offshore Medical, etc.
• Between 1-5 years experience in offshore termination cables
• Experience of working in the Offshore Wind Industry.
• German Language skills is a bonus, but not essential