Client Representative - Quanta Consultancy Services
This job expired on 25-01-2013
Browse Renewable Energy Jobs by Region
Browse Renewable Energy Jobs by Job Categories
Here are some similar jobs for you to consider...
Solar Energy Sales Representative 6 days ago
Suffolk, Essex, Kent
All Sales Representatives will be given 3 pre-qualified appointments per day. During these appointments you will go through an 11 step company presentation which includes a mini survey and product ...
Cost Assurance Representative 4 days ago
Cost Assurance RepresentativeThornbury - Bristol6 Months£ Negotiable Job Purpose: To support the Contract Team Managers with Overhead Lines, Cables and Substations, to manage the contractual interf...
Mechanical Fitter (Nuclear cleared) 15 days ago
Our Client requires Nuclear Cleared Mechanical Fitters to be based in West Kilbride. The ideal candidate should be skilled in Power station maintenance with a safety passport and nuclear clearance....
Renewable Energy Graduate 22 days ago
Renewable Energy Graduate required for a role based in Nottinghamshire. The company are specialists in the renewable energy, Heat Pumps, Solar PV, Thermal, Biomass and Mirco-Wind Turbines covering ...
|Salary band:||£100k +|
|Salary Details:||Competitive rates|
|Company:||Quanta Consultancy Services|
|Job Categories:||Wind Energy Jobs|
The offshore wind farms are located in the North Sea. The wind farm will consist of 50-100 wind turbines. All turbines will be connected to a farm internal transformer platform to which the grid connection will be installed.
The location is one of the most promising in the emerging offshore wind business in Germany.
• A good understanding of the relevant codes and standards for cable installation work and testing requirements for same of a prerequisite
• Implement HSE policies and contract HSE requirement. Conduct audits and inspections to ensure compliance.
• Participate with contactor's staff and client's operations staff, in all pre-commissioning activities.
• Close liaison with contractors and their sub-contractors, ensuring all permits to work are in place.
• Carry out all construction and fabrication checking. Monitoring activities required for the successful delivery of the contracts assigned.
• Monitor the overall progress of the contractors against schedule, providing reporting on same to line management, highlighting the potential for delay and propose remedial actions and signing contractor daily reports.
• Maintain adequate records relating to events surrounding the work, which may give rise to contractors claiming for a cost increase against contract. Contribute to project close out reports as applicable.
• Review contractors’ quality plan with client appointed 3rd party inspector, ensure compliance with the agreed quality plan.
• Ensure contractors have viable schedules for their work, recognising interfaces with other on-going client activities.
• Review construction contractor’s work procedures; assess contractors’ personnel and equipment for suitability for the work.
• Check the client supplied material issues to contractors, ensuring that any surplus is accounted for.
• Participate in job hazard analyses and attend safety toolbox meetings on a regular basis with contractor’s work teams.
• Assist in constructability reviews and the planning and scheduling of construction jobs.
• Prepare project close out and “lessons learned” reports.
• Liaise with others and supervise materials identification and co-ordination of supply to work sites
• Ensure adequate inspection and testing is carried out, ensure as-built drawings are produced by contractors where they are contractually obliged to prepare same.
• Check cable during the laying process. Damages have to be documented with photos.
• 5 years+ offshore experience, with all Certification valid for 1 year or more including BOSIET, Offshore Medical, etc.
• Between 1-5 years experience in offshore termination cables
• Experience of working in the Offshore Wind Industry.
• German Language skills is a bonus, but not essential