Client Representative - Quanta Consultancy Services
This job expired on 25-01-2013
Browse Renewable Energy Jobs by Region
Browse Renewable Energy Jobs by Job Categories
Here are some similar jobs for you to consider...
Wind Resource Manager Yesterday
Salary band: Any
In addition to carrying out project work and offering general assistance to senior management, the Wind Resource Manager will have the following key responsibilities and accountabilities: Line and ...
Salary band: Any
Job Title: Operations Manager Industry Sector: Waste Management & Recycling Job Type: Permanent Salary: Flexible Dependent on Experience Site/Office Location: Home Based Regional Coverage: Reading...
Photovoltaic (PV) Design and Projects Engineer Solar Design Engineer/Director (MW Solar Projects) – Renewables 4 days ago
East Midlands, West Midlands, Scotland
Company Brief: &nb...
|Salary band:||£100k +|
|Salary Details:||Competitive rates|
|Company:||Quanta Consultancy Services|
|Job Categories:||Wind Energy Jobs|
The offshore wind farms are located in the North Sea. The wind farm will consist of 50-100 wind turbines. All turbines will be connected to a farm internal transformer platform to which the grid connection will be installed.
The location is one of the most promising in the emerging offshore wind business in Germany.
• A good understanding of the relevant codes and standards for cable installation work and testing requirements for same of a prerequisite
• Implement HSE policies and contract HSE requirement. Conduct audits and inspections to ensure compliance.
• Participate with contactor's staff and client's operations staff, in all pre-commissioning activities.
• Close liaison with contractors and their sub-contractors, ensuring all permits to work are in place.
• Carry out all construction and fabrication checking. Monitoring activities required for the successful delivery of the contracts assigned.
• Monitor the overall progress of the contractors against schedule, providing reporting on same to line management, highlighting the potential for delay and propose remedial actions and signing contractor daily reports.
• Maintain adequate records relating to events surrounding the work, which may give rise to contractors claiming for a cost increase against contract. Contribute to project close out reports as applicable.
• Review contractors’ quality plan with client appointed 3rd party inspector, ensure compliance with the agreed quality plan.
• Ensure contractors have viable schedules for their work, recognising interfaces with other on-going client activities.
• Review construction contractor’s work procedures; assess contractors’ personnel and equipment for suitability for the work.
• Check the client supplied material issues to contractors, ensuring that any surplus is accounted for.
• Participate in job hazard analyses and attend safety toolbox meetings on a regular basis with contractor’s work teams.
• Assist in constructability reviews and the planning and scheduling of construction jobs.
• Prepare project close out and “lessons learned” reports.
• Liaise with others and supervise materials identification and co-ordination of supply to work sites
• Ensure adequate inspection and testing is carried out, ensure as-built drawings are produced by contractors where they are contractually obliged to prepare same.
• Check cable during the laying process. Damages have to be documented with photos.
• 5 years+ offshore experience, with all Certification valid for 1 year or more including BOSIET, Offshore Medical, etc.
• Between 1-5 years experience in offshore termination cables
• Experience of working in the Offshore Wind Industry.
• German Language skills is a bonus, but not essential