Commissioning Engineer (Offshore Wind) - Michael Page
This job expired on 13-12-2012
Here are some similar jobs for you to consider...
Mechanical Design Engineer 25 days ago
Salary band: £30k - £40k
Mechanical Design Engineer Rugby £ Competitive! Our client is a global leader in the world of power generation, power transmission and rail infrastructure and sets the benchmark for innovative and...
Solar PV Design Engineer 23 days ago
Salary band: £20k - £25k
A motivated and confident PV Design Engineer is required for a well established renewable energy company based in Middlesex (Surrey). This ever growing company installs and distributes a wide range...
Electrical Power Systems Engineer Subsea Cable 22 days ago
Salary band: £50k - £60k
My client based in Barrow in Furness, is looking to recruit for Electrical Power Engineer on a 12 month contract or permanent basis. Due to expansion within my clients company, they require an Elec...
Wind Turbine Service Technician 18 days ago
Salary band: £20k - £25k
Are you looking to use your electrical and mechanical skills within the renewable energy sector? This is a fantastic opportunity to play an important servicing and maintenance role for a global lea...
Electrical Plant Engineer (Nuclear) 3 days ago
Electrical Plant Engineer (Nuclear) Cumbria Competitive! My client is a leading nuclear technology services provider who specialise in providing tailored solutions in all aspects of the nuclear in...
|Salary Details:||£50,000 - £55,000 + Package and company benefits|
|Location:||North East , North West|
|Sector:||Business Development | Engineering | Management | Project Development|
|Job Categories:||Energy Efficiency Jobs | Energy Policy Jobs | Waste to Energy Jobs | Wind Energy Jobs|
One of the largest utility providers in Europe and with the integration of a parent company this has given them rapid growth for its renewable energy business which accounts for 15000 MW in capacity, the world’s largest. The Group has a total capacity of nearly 50,000 MW, making it one of the largest electricity groups in the world.
To be part of the commissioning team, responsible for commissioning all apparatus and systems within an offshore wind farm. The work will require managing electrical technicians from the subcontractor to achieve the completion of the commissioning. In addition, it will be needed to prepare or review commissioning procedures of the test to be performed, prepare the final commissioning dossier, contact the equipment manufacturers, prepare and review commissioning contract specifications, and assist to commissioning meetings with the Commissioning Manager and Project Manager.
The successful candidate:
- Experience in commissioning, construction or design of substations, transmission lines, or power plants
- Experience in offshore business is desirable, but not mandatory
- Technical degree in Engineering or equivalent experience.
- Experience managing teams
- Health, safety and environmental legislation applicable to construction projects particularly CDM
- Knowledge of specification, design, maintenance, construction and commissioning of plant apparatus, control & protection equipment on transmission network
- Knowledge on main safety regulations concerning the commissioning works.
- In possession of safety certificates, enough to perform and manage commissioning activities in energized areas.
- Experience of Transmission up to 132KV