Commissioning Supervisor - Quanta Consultancy Services
This job expired on 14-03-2013
Browse Renewable Energy Jobs by Region
Browse Renewable Energy Jobs by Job Categories
Here are some similar jobs for you to consider...
Technical Energy Consultant 22 days ago
North West, Ipswich
Salary band: £30k - £40k
Technical Energy Consultant Job Type: Permanent Salary: £40,000 + company car Location: North West Consultant: Tim Hall Reference: TEC46 Summary Would you like to work within the government’s gro...
Commissioning Manager – Anaerobic Digestion 11 days ago
East Anglia, Peterborough, Norwich
Green Recruitment Solutions are recruiting a Commissioning Manager to join a growing Anaerobic Digestion Company and manage a team of Commissioning Engineers. As well as having overall responsibili...
Corporate New Business Development Manager 9 days ago
Salary band: £25k - £30k
Job Title: Business Development Manager Job Type: Permanent Salary: DOE + market leading bonus and benefits package Location: Home based- Central travel Consultant: Aimee Mail Reference: BDMN The ...
Loan Compliance Manager 7 days ago
My client are a leading developer, owner and operator of renewable assets in the UK. They boast an impressive track record of delivering a full turnkey solution to clients in a cost and time effect...
Head of EPC Construction, Solar 4 days ago
Salary band: Any
Head of EPC Construction, Solar $110k - $140k plus bonus & benefits A leading independent developer of utility scale ground-mounted Solar plants in the USA, with one of the largest project pip...
|Salary band:||£100k +|
|Company:||Quanta Consultancy Services|
|Job Categories:||Wind Energy Jobs|
The Commissioning Supervisor will be based at the site office. The working pattern for this role is likely to be 7 days on 7 days off and will consist of a 12 hour working day.
The initial contract will be for approximately six months; and after that, they will move to another of our projects which could be in the UK, Germany or Denmark - there are 13 projects in pipeline at various stages of development.
Areas of responsibility
The first assignment will be monitoring of completion and commissioning activities and conducting final inspections of wind turbines installed offshore at the Offshore Wind farm.
• Monitor mechanical and electrical completion to oversee that the wind turbines are fit for grid connection
• Monitor the commissioning activities to oversee that the wind turbines are ready for reliability testing
• Participate in final inspections together with the wind turbine suppliers personnel to ensure that outstanding works and quality issues are detected and reported
• Visit offshore wind turbines after installation to observe any issues and report these accordingly.
Skills & Requirements
• Degree in Mechanical, Electrical or Marine Engineering, or an equivalent technical background.
• Previous knowledge of quality control standards.
• Familiar with wind turbine components
• Up to date offshore survival qualification.
• Siemens Level 4 VB training (ideally).
• Prior experience of working in a quality control inspector role or previous experience as a wind turbine technician with some quality control experience.
• Substantial experience of conducting visual based quality control inspections and you will have experience of quality control for electrical installations.
• Experience of providing reports on quality control inspection findings and progress.
• Experience working with wind turbine technology and components, particularly in a quality role and previous experience in an offshore commissioning role.
• Knowledge of IT, including the Microsoft Office programs, for reporting from quality activities and non-conformity processing.
• Good report writing skills and excellent communication skills
• Ability to interact effectively with a diverse range of stakeholders.
• Highly observant and perceptive to quality issues, and persistent and driven to ensure issues are resolved.