Commissioning Supervisor - Quanta Consultancy Services
This job expired on 14-03-2013
Browse Renewable Energy Jobs by Region
Browse Renewable Energy Jobs by Job Categories
Here are some similar jobs for you to consider...
Commissioning Engineer - YEDL & NEDL 10 months ago
North East, Yorkshire, Humberside
My client is a leading power engineering company who deal across the high voltage market, they currently specialise in working across a variety of sectors including renewable generation schemes, gr...
East Anglia, Cambridgeshire, Bedfordshire, Hertfordshire
This company design, build and commission sustainable energy Anaerobic Digestion plants across the UK. They are seeking a Mechanical Commissioning Technician for Anaerobic Digestion and CHP mainten...
A Commissioning Engineer, Biomass Engineer is required in Scotland for a well-established biomass boiler company. My client is looking for an electrical bias commissioning engineer who is able to a...
Electrical Supervisor 10 months ago
Lancashire, Merseyside, Wigan
Electrical Supervisor required with a strong electrical background & also solar PV experience. My client requires someone with technical knowledge of solar PV systems along with contracts managemen...
The Commissioning Supervisor will be based at the site office. The working pattern for this role is likely to be 7 days on 7 days off and will consist of a 12 hour working day.
The initial contract will be for approximately six months; and after that, they will move to another of our projects which could be in the UK, Germany or Denmark - there are 13 projects in pipeline at various stages of development.
Areas of responsibility
The first assignment will be monitoring of completion and commissioning activities and conducting final inspections of wind turbines installed offshore at the Offshore Wind farm.
• Monitor mechanical and electrical completion to oversee that the wind turbines are fit for grid connection
• Monitor the commissioning activities to oversee that the wind turbines are ready for reliability testing
• Participate in final inspections together with the wind turbine suppliers personnel to ensure that outstanding works and quality issues are detected and reported
• Visit offshore wind turbines after installation to observe any issues and report these accordingly.
Skills & Requirements
• Degree in Mechanical, Electrical or Marine Engineering, or an equivalent technical background.
• Previous knowledge of quality control standards.
• Familiar with wind turbine components
• Up to date offshore survival qualification.
• Siemens Level 4 VB training (ideally).
• Prior experience of working in a quality control inspector role or previous experience as a wind turbine technician with some quality control experience.
• Substantial experience of conducting visual based quality control inspections and you will have experience of quality control for electrical installations.
• Experience of providing reports on quality control inspection findings and progress.
• Experience working with wind turbine technology and components, particularly in a quality role and previous experience in an offshore commissioning role.
• Knowledge of IT, including the Microsoft Office programs, for reporting from quality activities and non-conformity processing.
• Good report writing skills and excellent communication skills
• Ability to interact effectively with a diverse range of stakeholders.
• Highly observant and perceptive to quality issues, and persistent and driven to ensure issues are resolved.