Commissioning Supervisor - Quanta Consultancy Services
This job expired on 14-03-2013
Browse Renewable Energy Jobs by Region
Browse Renewable Energy Jobs by Job Categories
Here are some similar jobs for you to consider...
Head Of Contracts EPC 27 days ago
Salary band: £70k - £80k
By working closely with the directors, other team members and colleagues from our other group companies in the UK, the US and Germany to support, or lead, on a range of transactions undertaken by t...
Renewable Energy Construction Manager 27 days ago
South West, UK
Salary band: Any
Job Title: Renewable Energy Construction Manager Job Type: Permanent Salary: £40 : 50,000 Location: South West Consultant: Nick Gillison Ref: RCM:NG The Organisation: The Green Recruitment Compa...
Senior Consultant 20 days ago
Salary band: £30k - £40k
Status: Permanent Salary: Negotiable based on experience Benefits: Bonus, Pension Scheme Posted: 08/08/2014 Closing Date: 22/08/2014 Job Description The role will primarily involve work...
Environmental Consultant 20 days ago
Cumbria, UK, Whitehaven
Salary band: £30k - £40k
Environmental Consultant We are looking for an experienced Environmental Consultant to join a leading engineering consultancy for their offices in the incredibly scenic setting of Cumbria, not far ...
Energy Supply Chain Manager 20 days ago
Greater Manchester, Manchester
Salary band: £50k - £60k
Job Title: Energy Supply Chain Manager Job Type: Permanent Salary: Up to £50,000 + company car Location: Manchester Consultant: Tim Hall Ref: SM34 The Organisation: The Green Recruitment Company...
|Salary band:||£100k +|
|Company:||Quanta Consultancy Services|
|Job Categories:||Wind Energy Jobs|
The Commissioning Supervisor will be based at the site office. The working pattern for this role is likely to be 7 days on 7 days off and will consist of a 12 hour working day.
The initial contract will be for approximately six months; and after that, they will move to another of our projects which could be in the UK, Germany or Denmark - there are 13 projects in pipeline at various stages of development.
Areas of responsibility
The first assignment will be monitoring of completion and commissioning activities and conducting final inspections of wind turbines installed offshore at the Offshore Wind farm.
• Monitor mechanical and electrical completion to oversee that the wind turbines are fit for grid connection
• Monitor the commissioning activities to oversee that the wind turbines are ready for reliability testing
• Participate in final inspections together with the wind turbine suppliers personnel to ensure that outstanding works and quality issues are detected and reported
• Visit offshore wind turbines after installation to observe any issues and report these accordingly.
Skills & Requirements
• Degree in Mechanical, Electrical or Marine Engineering, or an equivalent technical background.
• Previous knowledge of quality control standards.
• Familiar with wind turbine components
• Up to date offshore survival qualification.
• Siemens Level 4 VB training (ideally).
• Prior experience of working in a quality control inspector role or previous experience as a wind turbine technician with some quality control experience.
• Substantial experience of conducting visual based quality control inspections and you will have experience of quality control for electrical installations.
• Experience of providing reports on quality control inspection findings and progress.
• Experience working with wind turbine technology and components, particularly in a quality role and previous experience in an offshore commissioning role.
• Knowledge of IT, including the Microsoft Office programs, for reporting from quality activities and non-conformity processing.
• Good report writing skills and excellent communication skills
• Ability to interact effectively with a diverse range of stakeholders.
• Highly observant and perceptive to quality issues, and persistent and driven to ensure issues are resolved.