Commissioning Supervisor - Quanta Consultancy Services
This job expired on 14-03-2013
Browse Renewable Energy Jobs by Region
Browse Renewable Energy Jobs by Job Categories
Here are some similar jobs for you to consider...
Utility Connections Project Coordinator 22 days ago
South West London
Salary band: £25k - £30k
Job Title: Utility Connections Project Coordinator Job Type: Permanent Salary: £23-27,000 Location: Surrey Consultant: Aimee Mail Reference: UC55 The Organisation: The Green Recruitment Company...
Trainee Sales Consultant 9 days ago
Sales Consultant My client, a specialist in both Solar and Thermal Heating Technologies is offering exciting opportunities for Sales Consultants to join a vibrant team of sales professionals.They ...
IT Support Engineer 4 days ago
This industry leading solar renewables developer seeks a experienced IT Support Engineer for their Head Office in Central London. The purpose of this role is to provide IT support to all users in a...
Associate Consultant 3 days ago
Salary band: £50k - £60k
Green Recruitment Solutions are currently seeking to recruit an experienced Associate Consultant to join a leading international environmental consultancy.The ideal candidate will be one working wi...
|Salary band:||£100k +|
|Company:||Quanta Consultancy Services|
|Job Categories:||Wind Energy Jobs|
The Commissioning Supervisor will be based at the site office. The working pattern for this role is likely to be 7 days on 7 days off and will consist of a 12 hour working day.
The initial contract will be for approximately six months; and after that, they will move to another of our projects which could be in the UK, Germany or Denmark - there are 13 projects in pipeline at various stages of development.
Areas of responsibility
The first assignment will be monitoring of completion and commissioning activities and conducting final inspections of wind turbines installed offshore at the Offshore Wind farm.
• Monitor mechanical and electrical completion to oversee that the wind turbines are fit for grid connection
• Monitor the commissioning activities to oversee that the wind turbines are ready for reliability testing
• Participate in final inspections together with the wind turbine suppliers personnel to ensure that outstanding works and quality issues are detected and reported
• Visit offshore wind turbines after installation to observe any issues and report these accordingly.
Skills & Requirements
• Degree in Mechanical, Electrical or Marine Engineering, or an equivalent technical background.
• Previous knowledge of quality control standards.
• Familiar with wind turbine components
• Up to date offshore survival qualification.
• Siemens Level 4 VB training (ideally).
• Prior experience of working in a quality control inspector role or previous experience as a wind turbine technician with some quality control experience.
• Substantial experience of conducting visual based quality control inspections and you will have experience of quality control for electrical installations.
• Experience of providing reports on quality control inspection findings and progress.
• Experience working with wind turbine technology and components, particularly in a quality role and previous experience in an offshore commissioning role.
• Knowledge of IT, including the Microsoft Office programs, for reporting from quality activities and non-conformity processing.
• Good report writing skills and excellent communication skills
• Ability to interact effectively with a diverse range of stakeholders.
• Highly observant and perceptive to quality issues, and persistent and driven to ensure issues are resolved.