Commissioning Supervisor - Quanta Consultancy Services
This job expired on 14-03-2013
Browse Renewable Energy Jobs by Region
Browse Renewable Energy Jobs by Job Categories
Here are some similar jobs for you to consider...
Energy Sales Co-ordinator 21 days ago
Salary band: £20k - £25k
Job Title: Energy Sales Co-ordinator Job Type: Permanent Salary: £20,000 - £25,000 Location: Central London Consultant: Tim Hall Ref: ESDC3456 The Organisation: The Green Recruitment Company are...
Senior Sales Supervisor 21 days ago
Salary band: £90k - £100k
Sales Supervisor for a Global Seismic Imaging organization. The role requirements ar to identify, negotiate and close data sales for the MultiClient business in Africa and to develop and own strate...
RTITB Counter Balance FLT Driver / 7.5t transit driverWorkington£Negotiable6 Month contractWe have a number of positions available for counter balance FLT drivers & 7.5t transit van drivers wit...
Central Heating Sales Consultant 20 days ago
North West, Cheshire, Lancashire
We are seeking a professional Sales Consultant for a high level role within an exciting and rapidly growing renewable energy company. Making use of our industry leading quotation software, you wi...
Energy Supply Chain Manager 13 days ago
Salary band: £40k - £50k
Job Title: Energy Supply Chain Manager Job Type: Permanent Salary: Up to £50,000 + company car Location: Manchester Consultant: Tim Hall Ref: SM34 The Organisation: The Green Recruitment Company...
|Salary band:||£100k +|
|Company:||Quanta Consultancy Services|
|Job Categories:||Wind Energy Jobs|
The Commissioning Supervisor will be based at the site office. The working pattern for this role is likely to be 7 days on 7 days off and will consist of a 12 hour working day.
The initial contract will be for approximately six months; and after that, they will move to another of our projects which could be in the UK, Germany or Denmark - there are 13 projects in pipeline at various stages of development.
Areas of responsibility
The first assignment will be monitoring of completion and commissioning activities and conducting final inspections of wind turbines installed offshore at the Offshore Wind farm.
• Monitor mechanical and electrical completion to oversee that the wind turbines are fit for grid connection
• Monitor the commissioning activities to oversee that the wind turbines are ready for reliability testing
• Participate in final inspections together with the wind turbine suppliers personnel to ensure that outstanding works and quality issues are detected and reported
• Visit offshore wind turbines after installation to observe any issues and report these accordingly.
Skills & Requirements
• Degree in Mechanical, Electrical or Marine Engineering, or an equivalent technical background.
• Previous knowledge of quality control standards.
• Familiar with wind turbine components
• Up to date offshore survival qualification.
• Siemens Level 4 VB training (ideally).
• Prior experience of working in a quality control inspector role or previous experience as a wind turbine technician with some quality control experience.
• Substantial experience of conducting visual based quality control inspections and you will have experience of quality control for electrical installations.
• Experience of providing reports on quality control inspection findings and progress.
• Experience working with wind turbine technology and components, particularly in a quality role and previous experience in an offshore commissioning role.
• Knowledge of IT, including the Microsoft Office programs, for reporting from quality activities and non-conformity processing.
• Good report writing skills and excellent communication skills
• Ability to interact effectively with a diverse range of stakeholders.
• Highly observant and perceptive to quality issues, and persistent and driven to ensure issues are resolved.