Commissioning Supervisor - Quanta Consultancy Services
This job expired on 14-03-2013
Browse Renewable Energy Jobs by Region
Browse Renewable Energy Jobs by Job Categories
Here are some similar jobs for you to consider...
Quantity Surveyor (Pre-contract) – Biogas 7 days ago
Bristol, Cardiff, Bournemouth
Green Recruitment Solutions are currently seeking to recruit a Quantity Surveyor for a Principal Contractor that specialises in the design and construction of AD (Anaerobic Digestion) facilities. T...
Contaminated Land Project Manager 27 days ago
Salary band: £25k - £30k
Job Title: Project Manager Industry Sector: Ground Engineering, Environmental, Geoenvironmental Job Type: Permanent Salary: up to £30,000 Site/Office Location: South-East Regional Coverage: South-...
Principal Waste Management Consultant 19 days ago
Salary band: £40k - £50k
Job Title: Principal Consultant Industry Sector: Waste Management & Resource Management (Consultancy) Job Type: Permanent Salary: up to £45,000 Office Location: Manchester Consultant: Tom Wood Re...
Corporate 3+PQE 12 days ago
Our client is a leader in the energy space and firmly at the forefront of innovation. They are looking to hire a corporate lawyer as legal counsel for their growing legal team based in London.Repor...
Salary band: Any
In order to ensure that the best value grid solution are identified and pursued for all RES Western Europe Projects, Project Delivery Electrical Engineers will have to consider the option of grid d...
|Salary band:||£100k +|
|Company:||Quanta Consultancy Services|
|Job Categories:||Wind Energy Jobs|
The Commissioning Supervisor will be based at the site office. The working pattern for this role is likely to be 7 days on 7 days off and will consist of a 12 hour working day.
The initial contract will be for approximately six months; and after that, they will move to another of our projects which could be in the UK, Germany or Denmark - there are 13 projects in pipeline at various stages of development.
Areas of responsibility
The first assignment will be monitoring of completion and commissioning activities and conducting final inspections of wind turbines installed offshore at the Offshore Wind farm.
• Monitor mechanical and electrical completion to oversee that the wind turbines are fit for grid connection
• Monitor the commissioning activities to oversee that the wind turbines are ready for reliability testing
• Participate in final inspections together with the wind turbine suppliers personnel to ensure that outstanding works and quality issues are detected and reported
• Visit offshore wind turbines after installation to observe any issues and report these accordingly.
Skills & Requirements
• Degree in Mechanical, Electrical or Marine Engineering, or an equivalent technical background.
• Previous knowledge of quality control standards.
• Familiar with wind turbine components
• Up to date offshore survival qualification.
• Siemens Level 4 VB training (ideally).
• Prior experience of working in a quality control inspector role or previous experience as a wind turbine technician with some quality control experience.
• Substantial experience of conducting visual based quality control inspections and you will have experience of quality control for electrical installations.
• Experience of providing reports on quality control inspection findings and progress.
• Experience working with wind turbine technology and components, particularly in a quality role and previous experience in an offshore commissioning role.
• Knowledge of IT, including the Microsoft Office programs, for reporting from quality activities and non-conformity processing.
• Good report writing skills and excellent communication skills
• Ability to interact effectively with a diverse range of stakeholders.
• Highly observant and perceptive to quality issues, and persistent and driven to ensure issues are resolved.