Construction Manager sought to oversee delivery of multiple Gas Peaker and Battery Energy Storage sites across the UK. You will take full responsibility and accountability for the safe and timely delivery and coordination of site construction, installation, test and commissioning elements and associated activities across assigned project sites.
The ideal Construction Manager will have a background overseeing the delivery of Energy or Power projects (Solar PV, Wind, Hydro, Storage, Biomass, broader T&D – examples) and preferably, experience in electrical works. He or She will work closely with the Project Manager and will report to the Managing Director for non-project specific line management.
Construction Manager main responsibilities;
- Driving site activity and co-ordinating multi-disciplinary construction work
- Liaising with senior management and stakeholders on progress
- Managing sub-contractors effectively
Chairing site meetings
- Overcoming design issues/ effective-problem solving
- Providing technical input throughout the process
Construction Manager Key Requirements;
- Experience in construction management for related Energy or Power projects.
- Previous experience overseeing EPC, ICP and DNO counterparties.
- Previous Management experience of a team of sub-contractors and third parties.
- Experience on sites with values north of £10m
- Good working knowledge of construction management processes and techniques
- Previous roles; Construction Director or Construction Manager or Senior Construction Manager
- Strong communication skills with the ability to motivate those around you
The successful Construction Manager will have an opportunity to deliver some of the world’s largest battery energy storage projects within a lean organisation that offers autonomy, generous remuneration, and an exciting journey.
Construction Manager – Energy Storage & Fast Response Power Assets