2 months ago
A leading Institute is recruiting for a Environmental, Health & Safety department chair in Abu Dhabi. This role offers an excellent family package with other great benefits.
This is a learning organization. As such, all employees strive for professional and institutional development within a culture of effectiveness that:
>?? Values collaboration, teamwork, and self;
>?? Encourages ethical behaviour;
>?? Facilitates life-long learning; and
>?? Utilizes new technologies.
Provide leadership to teachers engaged in the delivery of vocational education and training.
Manage the human, financial and physical resources of the teaching section.
* Contribute to the development of the Academic Services strategic and business plans.
* Develop and implement a timetable of classes and teaching rosters for each semester.
* Develop and supervise the performance of a team of teachers in the delivery and assessment of high quality programs.
* Promote the use of student centered teaching methodologies.
* Monitor consistency and quality in the assessment of student outcomes.
* Manage the development of teaching and assessment resources
* Develop effective relationships with stakeholders from relevant industry areas.
* Support teachers in relation to student management issues.
* Manage student concerns or complaints.
* Liaise with student Administration in relation to progression, timetabling and graduation
Minimum of 5 years adult-learner teaching experience of with at least 3 years' experience in a managerial / coordination role within an Academic Institution.
Demonstrated success in the effective leadership and management of a high performing team of professional staff.
Successful teaching and assessment experience in a range of areas.
Extensive knowledge of curriculum and related assessment requirements.
Demonstrated high level problem solving skills.
Proven ability to plan, develop, implement and evaluate high quality education and training programs to meet customer needs.
Knowledge of current policy and educational developments in vocational education and training.
Demonstrated ability to implement course development and accreditation procedures.
Demonstrated cultural awareness and capacity to work effectively in a workforce comprising UAE and expatriates.
Proven capacity to be flexible and adaptive to situations.
Experience in the Gulf region is an advantage. A mixture of Western and Gulf experience would be an advantage.
Appropriate vocational and or industry experience in a relevant area.
Bachelor's degree which has a substantial body of study in one of the following Environmental Science, Tourism Management, Events Management OHS and / or Auditing practice from a recognizeduniversity, tertiary education institution or equivalent.
Post-graduate degree (preferably at Masters Level) in a related area
and/or Adult Education.
Vocational Teaching/Training and/or recognized assessor qualification.
Industry Certification (i.e. NEBOSH, IOSH, COSH,) is desirable.
IELTS 7.0 Academic for non-Native English speakers.
Native English speaker preferable, excellent oral and written English
In return you will receive the following:
Basic Salary: AED 17,802/- to AED 20,025/- per month
Housing Allowance: AED 10,400/- (Single) and AED 13,000/- (Married) per month
Relocation Allowance: AED 20,000/- one time for overseas candidates only.
Education Allowance: AED 80,000/- but maximum 40,000/- for one child.
Ticket Allowance: Once in a year for Employee, Spouse and up to 3 children.
Medical Insurance: For Employee, Spouse and up to 3 children.
For more information or to apply, please email