Deputy Data Manager - Centrica - Centrica
This job expired on 03-05-2012
Browse Renewable Energy Jobs by Region
Browse Renewable Energy Jobs by Job Categories
Here are some similar jobs for you to consider...
New Product Development Engineer 27 days ago
Salary band: £30k - £40k
"New Product Development Engineer"A Global Offshore Company based in the Liverpool and Manchester area, is recruiting New Product Development Engineers within their Innovation (R&D) Department....
Operations Manager : Virtual Power Plant 21 days ago
Salary band: Any
Job Title: Operations Manager : Virtual Power Plant Job Type: Permanent Salary: up to :85,000 Location: Western Germany with international travel Consultant: Tim Hall Ref: VPP34 The Organisat...
Contracts Manager - Mechanical Services 21 days ago
Bristol, Gloucester, Swindon
Salary band: £40k - £50k
Contracts Manager is required for an excellent mechanical contractor based in the South West of England. The successful Contracts Manager will have a proven background in the delivery of mechanical...
Senior Electrical Design Engineer 20 days ago
Salary band: £70k - £80k
We are working with a global player within the provision of Consulting building services. Their reach and reputation ensures that you would be working on major blue chip schemes and with leading ar...
|Salary band:||£25k - £30k|
|Salary Details:||Base Salary 25k c. package 30k|
|Job Categories:||Wind Energy Jobs|
Centrica Energy requires a Deputy Data Manager to work at our Head Office in Windsor, Berkshire. The Deputy Data Manager will support the GIS & Data Manager with day to day GIS and data management of all Centrica offshore wind farm developments. The role will be responsible for liaison with specialist consultants, contractors, in house technical and engineering teams regarding project dataset ensuring compliance with Data Management and Document Control Systems.
- Package: £25,000-£35,000 + bonus, pension, benefits
- Location: Windsor, Berkshire
- The Deputy Data Manager will be responsible for liaison with specialist consultants, contractors, in house technical and engineering teams regarding project dataset ensuring compliance with Data Management and Document Control Systems.
Deputy Data Manager - The Role
- Support and advise projects team members on potential GIS input and analysis;
- Customized map production, generating presentations when required;
- Maintain GIS databases, perform data conversion and data integration;
- GIS data collation, verification and manipulation;
- Verify and control of metadata;
- Support in submitting data to statutory bodies;
- Review produced drawings, GIS and survey data;
- Redistribute datasets and project documentation;
- Maintain data registers, GIS viewers.
Deputy Data Manager - The Person
Degree educated in a GIS or Geoscience discipline.
Advanced knowledge of ArcGIS software and it's extensions: Spatial and 3D Analyst required
Experience in using AutoCAD, 3D visualization and image processing software desired
Professional experience in a GIS Analyst or technician capacity Experience of Offshore Wind Farm projects is highly desirable
Strong communication needed to liaise with & draw information from other departments
Strong organisational, analytical & problem solving skills
Deputy Data Manager - The Company
Centrica plc is the FTSE Top 30 energy company which also owns British Gas. We're proud to be securing the UK's energy needs through the sourcing, generating, trading and supply of gas and power. Centrica is helping to shape the future of energy in the UK, North America, Europe and further afield.
PLEASE APPLY ONLINE by hitting the Apply' button. Please upload your cover letter and CV as one document. This role is part of an ongoing recruitment campaign.
Applications will ONLY be accepted via the 'Apply' button.
This role is being handled by the Centrica recruitment team and NO agency contact is required.