Design Engineer, Medium Voltage in Lancashire, Man - Matchtech Group
This job expired on 05-09-2012
Browse Renewable Energy Jobs by Job Categories
Here are some similar jobs for you to consider...
Mechanical Design Engineer 5 days ago
Staffordshire, Crewe, Stoke-on-Trent
Mechanical Design Engineer is required for a well-established Mechanical & Electrical Contractor based in Staffordshire, the ideal Mechanical Design Engineer will have experience working with full ...
Design Engineer 10 months ago
Blackburn, Lancaster, Preston
Solar PV Design Engineer / Electrical Design Engineer required working for a large renewable energy company looking to expand. They have successfully launched a renewable energy division and have e...
Biomass Design Engineer/HVAC Design Engineer 6 days ago
Biomass Design Engineer/HVAC Design Engineer Job Type: Permanent Salary: £28,000-£35,000 Location: Cumbria Consultant: Sarah Chandler Ref: SCBDE222 The Organisation: The Green Recruitment Co...
Optical Design Engineer 26 days ago
An Optical Design Engineer with an expertise in Matlab is required by a global leading semiconductor organisation on a long term contract basis. These systems are used by the major semiconductor ma...
My client has a requirement for a design engineer with considerable design/project engineering experience within the transmission and distribution sector
Considerable experience in a Design/Project Engineering function ideally within the Transmission & Distribution sector
Job overview / purpose
· Responsible for technical design of Medium Voltage Substation equipment including Switchgear and associated protection systems.
· Provide technical, engineering and managerial support to the Principle MV Engineer and project group. Develop consistent and robust engineering practices and processes to ensure economic effectiveness of the operation. Ensure projects are delivered on-time and in budget according to the contracts. Manage internal resource and internal/external customers as required by individual contracts, projects and operational requirements. Projects to be managed utilising business process framework.
· Formal qualifications to HND/HNC level in Electro/Mechanical Engineering a minimum requirement with degree level more desirable.
· Minimum of 5 years' experience in a Design/Project Engineering function ideally within the Transmission & Distribution Industry.
· Good working knowledge of MV Switchgear both AIS & GIS advantageous.
· Good working knowledge of Protection Relays and Interlocking Scheme design advantageous.
· Fully conversant knowledge of the current Transmission & Distribution standards & technologies.
· Good negotiating skills essential.
· Awareness of Commercial/Contractual issues.
· Knowledge of CDM Regulations / Current H&S legislation & Risk Management processes essential.
Fully conversant with Microsoft packages Word, Excel etc.
How do I apply?
We are looking forward to receiving your online application. Please ensure you complete all areas, of the application form, to the best of your ability as we will use this data to review your suitability for the role.
To apply for this position, candidates must be eligible to live and work in the UK