Design Engineer, Medium Voltage in Lancashire, Man - Matchtech Group
This job expired on 05-09-2012
Browse Renewable Energy Jobs by Job Categories
Here are some similar jobs for you to consider...
Design/Project Engineer - Mechanical about 1 month ago
Design/Project Engineer is required for an energy saving Solutions Company based in Norwich, specialising in Solar PV, Solar Thermal and Biomass. With over 20 years experienced in Electrical domest...
Mechanical Design Engineer Yesterday
Role: Mechanical Design Engineer REQUIRED!! Location: London, UK. Salary between £30,000 - £40,000 (or more depending on experience). Green Recruitment Solutions are seeking a Mechanical Design E...
Design Engineer - Solar about 1 month ago
Design Engineer is required for a renewable energy company specialising in large scale Solar PV and Solar Thermal, developing design, install and maintain. This position would best suite a graduate...
Biomass Design Engineer 30 days ago
Biomass Design Engineer is required for a well established biomass heating provider based in North Yorkshire, the Design Engineer will have strong knowledge of biomass boilers preferably in the com...
|Salary Details:||Contact Us|
|Location:||Manchester , Lancashire|
|Job Categories:||Other or Miscellaneous Jobs|
My client has a requirement for a design engineer with considerable design/project engineering experience within the transmission and distribution sector
Considerable experience in a Design/Project Engineering function ideally within the Transmission & Distribution sector
Job overview / purpose
· Responsible for technical design of Medium Voltage Substation equipment including Switchgear and associated protection systems.
· Provide technical, engineering and managerial support to the Principle MV Engineer and project group. Develop consistent and robust engineering practices and processes to ensure economic effectiveness of the operation. Ensure projects are delivered on-time and in budget according to the contracts. Manage internal resource and internal/external customers as required by individual contracts, projects and operational requirements. Projects to be managed utilising business process framework.
· Formal qualifications to HND/HNC level in Electro/Mechanical Engineering a minimum requirement with degree level more desirable.
· Minimum of 5 years' experience in a Design/Project Engineering function ideally within the Transmission & Distribution Industry.
· Good working knowledge of MV Switchgear both AIS & GIS advantageous.
· Good working knowledge of Protection Relays and Interlocking Scheme design advantageous.
· Fully conversant knowledge of the current Transmission & Distribution standards & technologies.
· Good negotiating skills essential.
· Awareness of Commercial/Contractual issues.
· Knowledge of CDM Regulations / Current H&S legislation & Risk Management processes essential.
Fully conversant with Microsoft packages Word, Excel etc.
How do I apply?
We are looking forward to receiving your online application. Please ensure you complete all areas, of the application form, to the best of your ability as we will use this data to review your suitability for the role.
To apply for this position, candidates must be eligible to live and work in the UK