Design Engineer, Medium Voltage in Lancashire, Man - Matchtech Group
This job expired on 05-09-2012
Browse Renewable Energy Jobs by Job Categories
Here are some similar jobs for you to consider...
Engineering Manager – Energy from Waste 2 days ago
North West, Manchester
Salary band: £60k - £70k
A leading Energy from Waste Company is currently seeking to recruit an Engineering Manager to help deliver projects from an engineering perspective. Working alongside the Project Manager (and somet...
Senior HVDC Engineer 27 days ago
Manchester, Surrey, Newcastle upon Tyne
Salary band: £70k - £80k
Business Unit: Power Networks - Transmission Position: Principal / Senior Substation Engineer (HV) Location: Newcastle, Key Qualifications: Bachelors Degree or HNC/HND in Electrical Engineering E...
Process Engineer Food & Drink 22 days ago
Salary band: £50k - £60k
Position: Process EngineerContract RoleLocation: Midlands & NorthwestUK BasedLength: 3-6 months initially (with possible extension)Industry: Food/Drink/Brewery/Bakery/Personal homecare/ Shampoo...
Contracts Manager - Mechanical Services 22 days ago
Bristol, Gloucester, Swindon
Salary band: £40k - £50k
Contracts Manager is required for an excellent mechanical contractor based in the South West of England. The successful Contracts Manager will have a proven background in the delivery of mechanical...
Senior Electrical Design Engineer 21 days ago
Salary band: £70k - £80k
We are working with a global player within the provision of Consulting building services. Their reach and reputation ensures that you would be working on major blue chip schemes and with leading ar...
|Salary Details:||Contact Us|
|Location:||Manchester , Lancashire|
|Job Categories:||Other or Miscellaneous Jobs|
My client has a requirement for a design engineer with considerable design/project engineering experience within the transmission and distribution sector
Considerable experience in a Design/Project Engineering function ideally within the Transmission & Distribution sector
Job overview / purpose
· Responsible for technical design of Medium Voltage Substation equipment including Switchgear and associated protection systems.
· Provide technical, engineering and managerial support to the Principle MV Engineer and project group. Develop consistent and robust engineering practices and processes to ensure economic effectiveness of the operation. Ensure projects are delivered on-time and in budget according to the contracts. Manage internal resource and internal/external customers as required by individual contracts, projects and operational requirements. Projects to be managed utilising business process framework.
· Formal qualifications to HND/HNC level in Electro/Mechanical Engineering a minimum requirement with degree level more desirable.
· Minimum of 5 years' experience in a Design/Project Engineering function ideally within the Transmission & Distribution Industry.
· Good working knowledge of MV Switchgear both AIS & GIS advantageous.
· Good working knowledge of Protection Relays and Interlocking Scheme design advantageous.
· Fully conversant knowledge of the current Transmission & Distribution standards & technologies.
· Good negotiating skills essential.
· Awareness of Commercial/Contractual issues.
· Knowledge of CDM Regulations / Current H&S legislation & Risk Management processes essential.
Fully conversant with Microsoft packages Word, Excel etc.
How do I apply?
We are looking forward to receiving your online application. Please ensure you complete all areas, of the application form, to the best of your ability as we will use this data to review your suitability for the role.
To apply for this position, candidates must be eligible to live and work in the UK