Design Engineer - Primary in Lancashire, Mancheste - Matchtech Group
This job expired on 05-09-2012
Browse Renewable Energy Jobs by Job Categories
Here are some similar jobs for you to consider...
My client is a leading multinational engineering company that offers expertise in power generation; transmission and distribution; energy services for buildings and facilities; and underground sto...
Design Engineer 10 months ago
Blackburn, Lancaster, Preston
Solar PV Design Engineer / Electrical Design Engineer required working for a large renewable energy company looking to expand. They have successfully launched a renewable energy division and have e...
Biomass Design Engineer/HVAC Design Engineer 7 days ago
Biomass Design Engineer/HVAC Design Engineer Job Type: Permanent Salary: £28,000-£35,000 Location: Cumbria Consultant: Sarah Chandler Ref: SCBDE222 The Organisation: The Green Recruitment Co...
Optical Design Engineer 27 days ago
An Optical Design Engineer with an expertise in Matlab is required by a global leading semiconductor organisation on a long term contract basis. These systems are used by the major semiconductor ma...
My Client has a requirement for a Design Engineer with Primary Design Experience within T&D.
Primary Design experience within the Electricity Transmission and Distribution industry
Job ID: 41140
Job Family: Engineering
Organisation: Energy Sector
Job Status: Full time only
What are my responsibilities?
1 Job overview / purpose
· Responsible for providing primary technical input to allocated design projects within the employees business area.
2 Position in Organisation
· Reports to the Engineering Manager Primary
3 Scope of Job
· Responsible for primary conceptual design on transmission substations.
· Responsible for the design of substation layouts and cross sections.
· Calculates loading and short circuit values of primary plant.
· Production of Engineering Technical Specifications
· Production of Primary Engineering documents busbar and clamp schedules, earthing layouts, structure loading drawings & interlock drawings.
· Liaises with the Civils department to ensure full scope of work is covered.
· Ensures consistency by attending design reviews and adhering to design specifications.
· Ensuring consistency with the Engineering Departments procedures.
· Attends site meetings to discuss and advise on site related issues.
· Attends appropriate technical meetings with the client either site or office based to ensure visual client satisfaction.
· Abide by all business compliance requirements in line with Company policies, for example Business Conduct Guidelines & Confidential Information.
4 Dimensions & Limits of Authority
· In line with existing departmental signature protocol.
What do I need to qualify for this job?
· HNC / Degree Qualified in Electrical Engineering
· Primary Design experience within the Electricity Transmission and Distribution industry.
· Fully conversant with the latest Transmission and Distribution standards & technologies.
· Good standard of IT literacy especially Word and Excel
· Good written communication and interpersonal skills
To apply for this position, candidates must be eligible to live and work in the UK