Design Engineer - Primary in Lancashire, Mancheste - Matchtech Group
This job expired on 05-09-2012
Browse Renewable Energy Jobs by Job Categories
Here are some similar jobs for you to consider...
Solar Design Engineer 9 days ago
Earth Wind & Hire are working with a leading developer and EPC within the large scale solar farm industry. They already have around 30 MW of installed solar and have a very healthy pipeline of both...
Design Engineer : Solar PV 8 days ago
Job Title: Design Engineer : Solar PV Job Type: Permanent Salary: £25,000 - £30,000 Location: Greater London Consultant: Will Sargeant Ref: WSDE009 The Organisation: The Green Recruitment compa...
System Design Engineer 5 days ago
West Midlands, Birmingham
NO AGENCIES juwi is one of the world’s leading enterprises in the renewable energy sector. Since 1996 juwi has been designing, building, financing and operating plants that harness renewable energy...
Junior AutoCAD Design Engineer Solar PV 15 days ago
Lawson Leigh Resourcing is a specialist Green Recruitment Consultancy working in the Renewable Energy, Environmental, Waste Management, Sustainability, Utilities, Aerospace and Build Environment s...
|Salary Details:||Contact Us|
|Location:||Manchester , Lancashire|
|Job Categories:||Other or Miscellaneous Jobs|
My Client has a requirement for a Design Engineer with Primary Design Experience within T&D.
Primary Design experience within the Electricity Transmission and Distribution industry
Job ID: 41140
Job Family: Engineering
Organisation: Energy Sector
Job Status: Full time only
What are my responsibilities?
1 Job overview / purpose
· Responsible for providing primary technical input to allocated design projects within the employees business area.
2 Position in Organisation
· Reports to the Engineering Manager Primary
3 Scope of Job
· Responsible for primary conceptual design on transmission substations.
· Responsible for the design of substation layouts and cross sections.
· Calculates loading and short circuit values of primary plant.
· Production of Engineering Technical Specifications
· Production of Primary Engineering documents busbar and clamp schedules, earthing layouts, structure loading drawings & interlock drawings.
· Liaises with the Civils department to ensure full scope of work is covered.
· Ensures consistency by attending design reviews and adhering to design specifications.
· Ensuring consistency with the Engineering Departments procedures.
· Attends site meetings to discuss and advise on site related issues.
· Attends appropriate technical meetings with the client either site or office based to ensure visual client satisfaction.
· Abide by all business compliance requirements in line with Company policies, for example Business Conduct Guidelines & Confidential Information.
4 Dimensions & Limits of Authority
· In line with existing departmental signature protocol.
What do I need to qualify for this job?
· HNC / Degree Qualified in Electrical Engineering
· Primary Design experience within the Electricity Transmission and Distribution industry.
· Fully conversant with the latest Transmission and Distribution standards & technologies.
· Good standard of IT literacy especially Word and Excel
· Good written communication and interpersonal skills
To apply for this position, candidates must be eligible to live and work in the UK