Design Engineer - Primary in Lancashire, Mancheste - Matchtech Group
This job expired on 05-09-2012
Browse Renewable Energy Jobs by Job Categories
Here are some similar jobs for you to consider...
Mechanical Design Engineer 18 days ago
Salary band: £30k - £40k
Mechanical Design Engineer Rugby £ Competitive! Our client is a global leader in the world of power generation, power transmission and rail infrastructure and sets the benchmark for innovative and...
Service Engineer 18 days ago
West Midlands, West Midlands (County), Birmingham
SERVICE ENGINEER £38-45K negotiable Our client is one of the leading providers of renewable energy boilers and heat systems in the country. With a reputation for the highest professional sta...
Heating Engineer (Heat Pumps) 16 days ago
Salary band: £25k - £30k
Great opportunity to join a fast-growing renewable energy installer who design supply and install air, ground and water source heat pumps.Based in Kidderminster you will be part of an installation ...
Solar PV Design Engineer 16 days ago
Salary band: £20k - £25k
A motivated and confident PV Design Engineer is required for a well established renewable energy company based in Middlesex (Surrey). This ever growing company installs and distributes a wide range...
|Salary Details:||Contact Us|
|Location:||Manchester , Lancashire|
|Job Categories:||Other or Miscellaneous Jobs|
My Client has a requirement for a Design Engineer with Primary Design Experience within T&D.
Primary Design experience within the Electricity Transmission and Distribution industry
Job ID: 41140
Job Family: Engineering
Organisation: Energy Sector
Job Status: Full time only
What are my responsibilities?
1 Job overview / purpose
· Responsible for providing primary technical input to allocated design projects within the employees business area.
2 Position in Organisation
· Reports to the Engineering Manager Primary
3 Scope of Job
· Responsible for primary conceptual design on transmission substations.
· Responsible for the design of substation layouts and cross sections.
· Calculates loading and short circuit values of primary plant.
· Production of Engineering Technical Specifications
· Production of Primary Engineering documents busbar and clamp schedules, earthing layouts, structure loading drawings & interlock drawings.
· Liaises with the Civils department to ensure full scope of work is covered.
· Ensures consistency by attending design reviews and adhering to design specifications.
· Ensuring consistency with the Engineering Departments procedures.
· Attends site meetings to discuss and advise on site related issues.
· Attends appropriate technical meetings with the client either site or office based to ensure visual client satisfaction.
· Abide by all business compliance requirements in line with Company policies, for example Business Conduct Guidelines & Confidential Information.
4 Dimensions & Limits of Authority
· In line with existing departmental signature protocol.
What do I need to qualify for this job?
· HNC / Degree Qualified in Electrical Engineering
· Primary Design experience within the Electricity Transmission and Distribution industry.
· Fully conversant with the latest Transmission and Distribution standards & technologies.
· Good standard of IT literacy especially Word and Excel
· Good written communication and interpersonal skills
To apply for this position, candidates must be eligible to live and work in the UK