Design Engineer - Primary in Lancashire, Mancheste - Matchtech Group
This job expired on 05-09-2012
Browse Renewable Energy Jobs by Job Categories
Here are some similar jobs for you to consider...
Lighting Design Engineer (Energy) 20 days ago
Lighting Design Engineer (Energy) Salary: up to £45,000 + fantastic benefits package Job Type: Permanent Location: Home based with travel across the South East Consultant: Tim Hall Ref: LSEPC3 Th...
Mechanical Design Engineer 5 days ago
London, Surrey, Milton Keynes, Cambridge, Oxford
Role: Mechanical Design Engineer REQUIRED!! Location: London, UK. Salary between £30,000 - £40,000 (or more depending on experience). Green Recruitment Solutions are seeking a Mechanical Design E...
Senior Design Manager Yesterday
North West, Manchester, Liverpool, Stockport, Warrington
Green Recruitment Solutions are currently seeking a Senior Design Manager to lead the engineering design activities of a leading supplier of Energy from Waste plants. Key responsibilities: Direc...
Intermediate Mechanical Design Engineer City of London £30k/£35k Great opportunity for an intermediate mechanical design engineer to join this leading Engineering, Construction and Consulting busi...
|Salary Details:||Contact Us|
|Location:||Manchester , Lancashire|
|Job Categories:||Other or Miscellaneous Jobs|
My Client has a requirement for a Design Engineer with Primary Design Experience within T&D.
Primary Design experience within the Electricity Transmission and Distribution industry
Job ID: 41140
Job Family: Engineering
Organisation: Energy Sector
Job Status: Full time only
What are my responsibilities?
1 Job overview / purpose
· Responsible for providing primary technical input to allocated design projects within the employees business area.
2 Position in Organisation
· Reports to the Engineering Manager Primary
3 Scope of Job
· Responsible for primary conceptual design on transmission substations.
· Responsible for the design of substation layouts and cross sections.
· Calculates loading and short circuit values of primary plant.
· Production of Engineering Technical Specifications
· Production of Primary Engineering documents busbar and clamp schedules, earthing layouts, structure loading drawings & interlock drawings.
· Liaises with the Civils department to ensure full scope of work is covered.
· Ensures consistency by attending design reviews and adhering to design specifications.
· Ensuring consistency with the Engineering Departments procedures.
· Attends site meetings to discuss and advise on site related issues.
· Attends appropriate technical meetings with the client either site or office based to ensure visual client satisfaction.
· Abide by all business compliance requirements in line with Company policies, for example Business Conduct Guidelines & Confidential Information.
4 Dimensions & Limits of Authority
· In line with existing departmental signature protocol.
What do I need to qualify for this job?
· HNC / Degree Qualified in Electrical Engineering
· Primary Design experience within the Electricity Transmission and Distribution industry.
· Fully conversant with the latest Transmission and Distribution standards & technologies.
· Good standard of IT literacy especially Word and Excel
· Good written communication and interpersonal skills
To apply for this position, candidates must be eligible to live and work in the UK