Development Engineer - Green Recruitment Company
This job expired on 14-05-2012
Development Engineer (Control and Monitoring Systems)
Job Type: Permanent
Consultant: Leila Kandola
Our client is one of the leading wind turbine manufacturers and suppliers in the UK. They are growing rapidly and expanding its commercial presence in the coming year and are looking for a Development Engineer to join their expanding team in Pembrokeshire.
The responsibilities of the role:
• To design and implement software for the company’s fleet monitoring system
• To design, prototype, test and integrate electronics hardware
• Analyse data and develop mathematical models
• To research implement and test improvements to the turbine control algorithms
• To support Research and Development activities by contributing to the planning, execution and documentation of detailed test programmes
• To liaise with the company’s manufacturing division and support their activities
• To liaise with existing and potential suppliers
• To support the Commercial Team with pre-sales and technical information.
• To support the Operations Team who install and maintain the customer turbine fleet.
Experience and skills
• Good degree in electronic or general engineering. Computer Science or similar (4 year M-Eng. Preferred)
• Solid basis in Engineering Fundamentals (Including mathematics)
• Two to five years relevant industrial experience.
• Experience and proven skills in a good selection of the following:
• Data analysis and mathematical modelling using MATLAB
• Electronics hardware design, prototyping and testing.
• Control systems theory (stability analysis, non-linear control)
• Software and network architecture design, integration and testing
• Embedded software development
• Web development
• Linux system administration and shell scripting
• Excellent technical communication skills
• Awareness and knowledge of renewable energy systems as a whole
The Green Recruitment Company is an Employment Business for interim, contract and temporary recruitment and acts as an Employment Agency in relation to permanent vacancies.
To apply for this role please contact us at: