8 months ago
Ammeon is a services and solutions partner that helps organisations grasp the opportunities presented by emerging technologies and maintain that leading edge. Our end-to-end set of consulting, learning and technology services and solutions enables our customers to derive value from DevOps, Cloud and related fields. We believe the future should never leave our customers behind and we are committed to realising this vision. If this sounds good to you - join us.
About the role:
With this role you will have the opportunity to work remotely or from our office based in Reading, UK when not on a customer site. We will require successful candidates to spend 75% of their time onsite in the EU with customers.
- Working with customers to understand project goals and define requirements and scope.
- Work as part of a global team to help build and run our large scale infrastructure and platform services, including public cloud, private cloud, and datacenter services
- Be part of a DevOps team where system admins work closely with developers and quality engineers in order to deploy quickly
- Solve upcoming problems; automate processes and build tools for others to use
- Design and implement complex configuration and automation solutions
- Responsible for maintaining excellent working relationship with customers and partners
- Required to travel to customer sites within the UK (75% travel).
- Experience with Infrastructure as a Service (IaaS) or Platform as a Service (PaaS) cloud technologies and providers (Amazon AWS, Google Cloud, OpenStack, CloudForms) is a big advantage
- Experience deploying a wide variety of cloud solutions, such as PaaS or IaaS (OpenStack, OpenShift, Google Cloud, CloudForms, or AWS)
- Familiarity with monitoring tools, services, and modern configuration management solutions (Puppet, Ansible, Chef, CFEnginer) is a plus
- Understanding of container technologies like Docker and Kubernetes is an advantage
- Practical Red Hat Linux operating system administration experience in enterprise production environment
- Knowledge of Linux systems and internet services (DNS, Networking, standard utility services)
- Demonstrate 3+ years of experience in customer facing roles
- Ability to deliver project milestones and production deadlines
- Willingness to work in a dynamic, DevOps environment; agile experience is a plus
- Excellent troubleshooting and problem solving skills
- Ability to work to achieve business goals and work as a team
- Solid attention to detail with good English communication and writing skills
- Competitive salary
- Healthcare (Applies to permanent roles only)
- Excellent opportunities to experiment with new technologies
- Learning and development opportunities
- Staff technical talks
- Regular staff competitions
Ammeon is an equal opportunities employer. Ammeon reserves the right to request an employee to be flexible in his or her duties when the business needs require it.
Recruitment agencies need not apply.
11 days ago
only 17 days until close