Director of Marine Ecology £60k - Willow Shaw Ltd
This job expired on 09-08-2012
Browse Renewable Energy Jobs by Region
Here are some similar jobs for you to consider...
Offshore Wind Planning Engineer 28 days ago
London, Central/West End, City
Salary band: £40k - £50k
Job Title: Offshore Wind Planning Engineer Job Type: Permanent Salary: £40 : 45,000 Location: London Consultant: Nick Gillison Reference: OWPE:NG The Organisation: The Green Recruitment Company...
Principal Ecologist 21 days ago
Our client, a highly regarded international consultancy, has a vacancy for a Principal Ecologist to join an established and successful multidisciplinary team alongside engineers, planners and EIA c...
Director of Assurance 10 days ago
Scotland, Highlands & Islands
The leading European Benchmark for Nuclear decommissioning, Dounreay site restoration ltd (DSRL) are looking for a forward thinking, strategic Director of Assurance based in Thurso to develop and t...
Renewables & Innovation Manager 3 days ago
Salary band: £40k - £50k
Retail Energy Supplier – West Midlands Immediate start will require car to travel Description A small growing innovative energy company is looking to recruit an experienced Innovation and R...
|Salary band:||£50k - £60k|
|Salary Details:||£50-60k plus package|
|Location:||South Wales , Cardiff , Newport|
|Company:||Willow Shaw Ltd|
|Sector:||Business Development | Consulting | Engineering | Environmental|
|Job Categories:||Consulting Jobs | Environmental Jobs | Hydro Power Jobs | Tidal Energy Jobs|
Director of Marine Ecology
£50-60,000 plus package
A leading environmental consultancy with offices throughout the world is looking to recruit a Director of Marine Ecology to develop existing work in the marine renewables, oil and gas, and power generation sectors. You will be responsible for the technical delivery and commercial development of the company's expanding marine ecology services.
- Developing the marine business in the UK and overseas
- Leading an enthusiastic team and taking a technical lead
- Leading and growing the company's marine ecology offering
- Providing technical expertise
- Marketing and business development
- Liaising with clients and stakeholders
- Managing complex and multidisciplinary marine projects in the UK and overseas;
- Mentoring staff and review of work
- Providing expert advice on policy and legislative developments in a range of sectors, and the implications of these for clients and projects
Skills and experience:
- You will be a technical specialist in ecology/environmental sciences, with specific experience in the marine environment sector.
- A significant track record in business development
- Solid commercial skills and leadership skills.
- A comprehensive knowledge of Environmental Impact Assessment and ideally (but not essentially) in policy development is desirable.
- Minimum BSc (MSc/PhD advantageous) in a relevant environmental science (i.e. marine biology, aquatic ecology, coastal sciences);
- In depth knowledge of relevant legislation and guidelines;
- In depth relevant consultancy experience, with an extensive network of contacts;
- Strong project and team leadership skills;
- Excellent communication and presentation skills;
- Technical knowledge of one or more of the following sectors:
- § renewable energy developments;
- § coastal oil and gas developments;
- § coastal power generation;
- § port and harbour developments;
- § aggregate extraction,
- § coastal zone management and/or marine spatial planning,
- § coastal and estuarine river/sea defences;
- § policy and planning.
To apply, contact Abi at Willow Shaw quoting AH106rej. Please include a cover letter addressing the points in the job spec to show your interest in and suitability for this position.