Director of Marine Ecology £60k - Willow Shaw Ltd
This job expired on 09-08-2012
Browse Renewable Energy Jobs by Region
Here are some similar jobs for you to consider...
Site Acquisitions Manager 7 days ago
South West, Wales, Bristol
Site Acquisitions Manager with strong planning and/or development experience £Base Negotiable Extremely high bonus potential Sout...
Civil Discipline Engineer 28 days ago
City, Essex, Brighton
Salary band: £30k - £40k
Civil Discipline Engineer (wastewater infra/water non infra) - PeterboroughHuxley Engineering and one of the UK's leading names in Water Division are looking to recruit Civil Discipline Engineer on...
Development Manager 25 days ago
This industry leading solar renewables developer seeks a Development Manager to join their Business Development Department located in Central London. The Development Manager will report directly to...
Operations Manager : Virtual Power Plant 20 days ago
Salary band: Any
Job Title: Operations Manager : Virtual Power Plant Job Type: Permanent Salary: up to :85,000 Location: Western Germany with international travel Consultant: Tim Hall Ref: VPP34 The Organisat...
Contracts Manager - Mechanical Services 20 days ago
Bristol, Gloucester, Swindon
Salary band: £40k - £50k
Contracts Manager is required for an excellent mechanical contractor based in the South West of England. The successful Contracts Manager will have a proven background in the delivery of mechanical...
|Salary band:||£50k - £60k|
|Salary Details:||£50-60k plus package|
|Location:||South Wales , Cardiff , Newport|
|Company:||Willow Shaw Ltd|
|Sector:||Business Development | Consulting | Engineering | Environmental|
|Job Categories:||Consulting Jobs | Environmental Jobs | Hydro Power Jobs | Tidal Energy Jobs|
Director of Marine Ecology
£50-60,000 plus package
A leading environmental consultancy with offices throughout the world is looking to recruit a Director of Marine Ecology to develop existing work in the marine renewables, oil and gas, and power generation sectors. You will be responsible for the technical delivery and commercial development of the company's expanding marine ecology services.
- Developing the marine business in the UK and overseas
- Leading an enthusiastic team and taking a technical lead
- Leading and growing the company's marine ecology offering
- Providing technical expertise
- Marketing and business development
- Liaising with clients and stakeholders
- Managing complex and multidisciplinary marine projects in the UK and overseas;
- Mentoring staff and review of work
- Providing expert advice on policy and legislative developments in a range of sectors, and the implications of these for clients and projects
Skills and experience:
- You will be a technical specialist in ecology/environmental sciences, with specific experience in the marine environment sector.
- A significant track record in business development
- Solid commercial skills and leadership skills.
- A comprehensive knowledge of Environmental Impact Assessment and ideally (but not essentially) in policy development is desirable.
- Minimum BSc (MSc/PhD advantageous) in a relevant environmental science (i.e. marine biology, aquatic ecology, coastal sciences);
- In depth knowledge of relevant legislation and guidelines;
- In depth relevant consultancy experience, with an extensive network of contacts;
- Strong project and team leadership skills;
- Excellent communication and presentation skills;
- Technical knowledge of one or more of the following sectors:
- § renewable energy developments;
- § coastal oil and gas developments;
- § coastal power generation;
- § port and harbour developments;
- § aggregate extraction,
- § coastal zone management and/or marine spatial planning,
- § coastal and estuarine river/sea defences;
- § policy and planning.
To apply, contact Abi at Willow Shaw quoting AH106rej. Please include a cover letter addressing the points in the job spec to show your interest in and suitability for this position.