Director of Marine Ecology £60k - Willow Shaw Ltd
This job expired on 09-08-2012
Browse Renewable Energy Jobs by Region
Here are some similar jobs for you to consider...
Technical Manager - Solar Farm 27 days ago
Salary band: £40k - £50k
Our client is growing renewable energy company with a specialist focus on Solar PV projects. They focus on both commercial and residential installations and have a number of large projects in opera...
Procurement Manager 28 days ago
My client, who is a leading operator in renewable energy, are searching for an experienced Procurement Manager to join their growing organisation. A proven track record in the industry, and a tech...
Technical Manager 21 days ago
Manchester, Oldham, Hyde
Salary band: £25k - £30k
Technical Manager is required for a heating company based in Manchester. The successful Technical Manager will have a strong technical knowledge within the heating sector and have previously manage...
Connections Project Manager (Energy) 20 days ago
Salary band: Any
The Client: The Green Recruitment Company is excited to be working with an energy company offering consultancy within the industries of energy procurement, new connections and sustainable technolog...
|Salary band:||£50k - £60k|
|Salary Details:||£50-60k plus package|
|Location:||South Wales , Cardiff , Newport|
|Company:||Willow Shaw Ltd|
|Job Categories:||Consulting Jobs | Environmental Jobs | Hydro Power Jobs | Tidal Energy Jobs|
Director of Marine Ecology
£50-60,000 plus package
A leading environmental consultancy with offices throughout the world is looking to recruit a Director of Marine Ecology to develop existing work in the marine renewables, oil and gas, and power generation sectors. You will be responsible for the technical delivery and commercial development of the company's expanding marine ecology services.
- Developing the marine business in the UK and overseas
- Leading an enthusiastic team and taking a technical lead
- Leading and growing the company's marine ecology offering
- Providing technical expertise
- Marketing and business development
- Liaising with clients and stakeholders
- Managing complex and multidisciplinary marine projects in the UK and overseas;
- Mentoring staff and review of work
- Providing expert advice on policy and legislative developments in a range of sectors, and the implications of these for clients and projects
Skills and experience:
- You will be a technical specialist in ecology/environmental sciences, with specific experience in the marine environment sector.
- A significant track record in business development
- Solid commercial skills and leadership skills.
- A comprehensive knowledge of Environmental Impact Assessment and ideally (but not essentially) in policy development is desirable.
- Minimum BSc (MSc/PhD advantageous) in a relevant environmental science (e. marine biology, aquatic ecology, coastal sciences);
- In depth knowledge of relevant legislation and guidelines;
- In depth relevant consultancy experience, with an extensive network of contacts;
- Strong project and team leadership skills;
- Excellent communication and presentation skills;
- Technical knowledge of one or more of the following sectors:
- § renewable energy developments;
- § coastal oil and gas developments;
- § coastal power generation;
- § port and harbour developments;
- § aggregate extraction,
- § coastal zone management and/or marine spatial planning,
- § coastal and estuarine river/sea defences;
- § policy and planning.
To apply, contact Abi at Willow Shaw quoting AH106rej. Please include a cover letter addressing the points in the job spec to show your interest in and suitability for this position.