10 months ago
ELECTRICAL ENGINEER – WIND GENERATION
LOCATION: BALLYCONNELL, CO CAVAN
SALARY: €45,000 - €55,000 + EXCELLENT BENEFITS (DEPENDING ON SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE)
SSE is the third largest energy generator by capacity on the isalnd of Ireland, with over 1,800MW of thermal and renewable generation in operation, including 717MW of wind farm capacity.
We currently have an opportunity for an Electrical Engineer to join our Wind Generation in Ireland. As a member of the Wind Generation Engineering Team you will be part of a team responsible for the asset integrity of wind turbines across a number of onshore wind farms, providing technical support to the Operations and Maintenance teams. Key responsibilities include:
* Operational Duties – responsible for performing Senior Authorised Person (SAP) duties up to and including 110kV. Maintenance and fault response on high value electrical assets.
* Technical Support – provide planned and unplanned technical support including technical and safety investigations. Respond to important electrical plant issues and defects that have taken, or have the potential to take, plant out of service. Ensuring sites remain Grid Code Compliant.
* Asset Integrity Management – monitoring plant health and ensuring appropriate response to emergent issues that have the potential to cause safety and business issues. Review and improvement of maintenance standards.
* Contractor Management – perform elements of contract management from specification/scope writing, technical evaluation of contractor’s proposal, through to planning, setting to work and continuous monitoring of safety and performance.
* Project Management – provide direct project management delivery service for specific activities required by the business, including safety, reliability and design improvement.
The position will frequently involve working in remote areas, occasionally working at height - for which training will be given. You will also be required to represent the Wind Generation team in more formal situations and presentation skills are essential. SAP training and technical training (i.e. protection systems) will be provided.
This is an exciting opportunity to work within an emerging and dynamic industry with regular exposure to new and developing technology.
* HNC level qualification in Electrical Engineering, or equivalent work experience.
* Full driving license.
* You will already be an operational SAP or can demonstrate the ability to achieve sufficient competence.
* Have good experience in an operational, maintenance or construction environment, preferably within a HV environment.
* Good working knowledge of electrical equipment and systems (protection systems, HV switchgear, electrical generating plant, HV / LV transformers, control systems).
* Be able to demonstrate experience in managing projects and contractors and have a proven track record of delivery, both personally and through others.
* Knowledge in wind turbine technology is preferable but not essential.
This post is open to internal and external candidates. Successful candidates will be subject to the Company's verification and vetting process which includes a basic criminal record check.
SSE is an equal opportunities employer.