6 months ago
Electrical Engineer (LEE00001B)
: United Kingdom-West Yorkshire-Leeds
We are an independent firm of designers, planners, engineers, consultants and technical specialists offering a broad range of professional services. Through our work, we aim to make a positive difference in the world.
Our Leeds team are looking for an experienced Electrical Engineer to work on interesting and complex infrastructure projects across the energy and resources spectrum.
Working very closely within the Leeds MEICA (Mechanical, Electrical, Control, Instrumentation and Automation) team you will be responsible for supporting the delivery of multiple projects across the water, energy from waste, nuclear infrastructure, renewables, transport and flood alleviation. In particular, you will:
• Provide technical support related to your engineering discipline e.g. feasibility studies, investigations, dealing with technical queries, project technical inputs and long-term technical requirements;
• Interface with other project engineering disciplines to understand needs and develop strong working relationships;
• Provide technical input and assurance that will result in the successful and timely execution of projects.
• Contribute to a wide range of projects including HV and LV Electrical Distribution, control and instrumentation systems, PLC and SCADA;
• Be responsible for the implementation and delivery of electrical engineering design Work Packages;
• Scope and plan projects to deliver smart and lean solutions while retaining technical excellence in our front-end engineering services;
• Provide input and support into studies for future planning, preparation of contract documentation, client meetings, attending multi-disciplinary meetings, providing a ‘point of contact’ service to the client for technical queries;
• Working knowledge of electrical software packages such as Amtech is preferred.
Requirements and skills
Essential Skills and Knowledge:
• 3 years in the last 5 working in a role where knowledge of engineering was a key attribute;
• Engineering experience demonstrating a record of successful delivery;
• Working towards chartered status through IET, IEEE, CIBSE, or other relevant body and degree qualified;
• Significant demonstrable expertise in one or more relevant specific specialist areas within electrical engineering;
• Proven experience of working in roles where knowledge of electrical engineering in an infrastructure, building or process industries;
• Knowledge of relevant design tools, techniques and related methods e.g. IT systems, HazOp process, SIL assessments;
• Competent in the specification of development work as well as the assurance, validation and refinement of designs within a wider program / piece of work;
• Strong written and verbal communication skills, the ability to build strong and honest relationships with clients and peers while retaining a collaborative approach to working.
Desirable Skills and Knowledge
• Ability to think outside the specialism and integrate multi-disciplinary requirements into holistic coordinated solutions.
• Knowledge of laws, regulations, processes and procedures appropriate to the sector
• Competent with design software as well as other standard products
• Excellent planning, organizational and time management skills.
• Prior experience managing and delivering projects (ideally of a technical nature).
• A demonstrable track record of engineering processes to achieve delivery within an engineering role/environment, including technical definition, implementation and delivery of engineering work packages.
• Significant demonstrable expertise in one or more relevant specific specialist areas within your field of engineering.
• Experience of working within a regulated and quality assured system in a capacity where both other staff and key decisions are reliant upon your professional engineering judgment and where design and guiding other technical personnel was a major part of the role.
• Experience of working in roles where knowledge of electrical engineering was a key attribute.
• Clean driving license.
Reward and Benefits:
We offer a competitive salary and one of the best benefits package in our sector.
Core benefits include cover under the UK Healthcare Plan (private medical insurance), Life Assurance, Accident Insurance, and Income Protection (long term disability) cover. Core benefits are funded by us and made available to all permanent staff in order to support and safeguard your financial, physical and mental wellbeing. You will also have access to a grade-related Flexible Benefits Fund which you can choose to take as extra cash, or spend on a wide range of Choice Benefits to help with your work/life balance and financial security.
In addition, all permanent employees are eligible for the Global Profit Share scheme. Subject to scheme rules, employees can receive two Profit Share payments per year, which are dependent on the firm’s financial performance.