Electrical Fitter - Substations - En-Spiral
This job expired on 03-01-2013
Browse Renewable Energy Jobs by Region
Browse Renewable Energy Jobs by Job Categories
Here are some similar jobs for you to consider...
Substation Site Engineer 4 days ago
This client is one of the leading energy operators in Northern Europe. Their business is based on producing and distributing energy and related products across Europe. This blue chip organisation i...
Electrical Supervisor 10 months ago
Lancashire, Merseyside, Wigan
Electrical Supervisor required with a strong electrical background & also solar PV experience. My client requires someone with technical knowledge of solar PV systems along with contracts managemen...
Hereford and Worcester, Birmingham, Worcester
Electrical and Electronic Engineering Graduate is required; my client are a well-established electrical company within the Renewable Energy market based in Worcestershire, specialising in electrica...
Electrical Engineer - Onshore wind 18 days ago
Electrical Engineer - Onshore wind Job Type: Permanent Salary: £40,000 - £60,000 + Bonus Location: North-East of England or London Consultant: Dominic Wall Ref: LKM52 The Organisation Our client is...
MY client is a leading HV contractor who is currently experiencing excellent growth across the O&M section of the company. Working across major Private Network sites across the South East of England they require several electrical fitters to join the team immediately.
Main role of the Electrical Fitter include:
- Construction, maintenance, removal of LV and 11kv substation plant and equipment
- Follow all published guidelines, standards, policies and procedures to ensure satisfactory completion of work
- Maintain and develop competence level and technical skills to ensure delivery to high standards
- Attend training as required to maintain knowledge and application of systems and procedures
- Deliver scheduled/unscheduled work to time and standard in accordance with instructions.
Health and Safety:
- Maintain awareness of Health & Safety policy and rules and keep up to date on changes that impact your role
- Complete and record risk assessments as instructed
- Take reasonable care of yourself and others who may be affected by your actions
- Promptly record all accidents and near misses
- Report any concerns regarding Safety, Health or the Environment to your supervisor
- Use all machinery, equipment, substances, transport and plant appropriately and in line with company guidance.
Planning and organising:
- Take overview of work to be completed planning relevant activities to time, and with the best use of resources in accordance with job instructions
- Plan ahead to ensure that appropriate materials, equipment etc are available to complete the job
- Maintain in good working order issued vehicles, tools and equipment
- Complete appropriate paperwork accurately and to time, including written risk assessments, site measurement and work record sheets.
- Take responsibility for your team whilst on site to ensure the safe, effective and efficient implementation of operations
- Carry out tasks as required by your supervisor
- Actively contribute to your team, sharing knowledge and experience, monitoring progress and providing support for others
- Provide direct supervision for trainees in your team
- Liaise with colleagues across the organisation to ensure effective completion of tasks
- Liaise with the public to ensure smooth implementation of work, always handling people with respect and patience.
- Complete all work to high standards
- Identify and recommend improved ways of doing things
- Ensure working practices and processes are followed.
Certificated in the following areas:
C.A.T. and genny
Driving (to requirement)
Working with or near plant
The following additional certificates are desirable:
NRSWA, cable winching & abrasive wheel.
Competence in all or some of the following: substation fitting on LV, 11kv, 20kv, LV linking without supervision
Sound knowledge of H&S and Risk Assessment.