Electrical Fitter - Substations - En-Spiral
This job expired on 03-01-2013
Browse Renewable Energy Jobs by Region
Browse Renewable Energy Jobs by Job Categories
Here are some similar jobs for you to consider...
Senior Electrical Design Engineer 27 days ago
Salary band: £70k - £80k
We are working with a global player within the provision of Consulting building services. Their reach and reputation ensures that you would be working on major blue chip schemes and with leading ar...
Electrical engineer 26 days ago
Salary band: £30k - £40k
Electrical engineer Status: Permanent Salary: Negotiable based on experience Benefits: Bonus, Pension Scheme Posted: 08/08/2014 Closing Date: 22/08/2014 Job Description The role will p...
Electrician 23 days ago
This industry leading solar renewables developer requires a Electrician to join their team. This is a home based position – however the role will require travel to different sites around the ...
Electrical Design Engineer 5 days ago
Redhill, Caterham, Reigate
Salary band: £70k - £80k
Due to being awarded a prestigious new contract, a long term opportunity has arisen for a Senior Electrical Building Services Engineer to work on projects within a rail environment. This role is a...
Senior Subsea Systems Designer 2 days ago
Salary band: £100k +
Snr Subsea Systems Engineer £80-£120k + Excellent Bonus & BenefitsLocated in London with 25% International Travel Leading global provider of technical solutions recognized for setting the techn...
|Salary band:||£30k - £40k|
|Salary Details:||£25000.00 - £37000.00 per annum|
|Job Categories:||Electricity T&D Jobs|
MY client is a leading HV contractor who is currently experiencing excellent growth across the O&M section of the company. Working across major Private Network sites across the South East of England they require several electrical fitters to join the team immediately.
Main role of the Electrical Fitter include:
- Construction, maintenance, removal of LV and 11kv substation plant and equipment
- Follow all published guidelines, standards, policies and procedures to ensure satisfactory completion of work
- Maintain and develop competence level and technical skills to ensure delivery to high standards
- Attend training as required to maintain knowledge and application of systems and procedures
- Deliver scheduled/unscheduled work to time and standard in accordance with instructions.
Health and Safety:
- Maintain awareness of Health & Safety policy and rules and keep up to date on changes that impact your role
- Complete and record risk assessments as instructed
- Take reasonable care of yourself and others who may be affected by your actions
- Promptly record all accidents and near misses
- Report any concerns regarding Safety, Health or the Environment to your supervisor
- Use all machinery, equipment, substances, transport and plant appropriately and in line with company guidance.
Planning and organising:
- Take overview of work to be completed planning relevant activities to time, and with the best use of resources in accordance with job instructions
- Plan ahead to ensure that appropriate materials, equipment etc are available to complete the job
- Maintain in good working order issued vehicles, tools and equipment
- Complete appropriate paperwork accurately and to time, including written risk assessments, site measurement and work record sheets.
- Take responsibility for your team whilst on site to ensure the safe, effective and efficient implementation of operations
- Carry out tasks as required by your supervisor
- Actively contribute to your team, sharing knowledge and experience, monitoring progress and providing support for others
- Provide direct supervision for trainees in your team
- Liaise with colleagues across the organisation to ensure effective completion of tasks
- Liaise with the public to ensure smooth implementation of work, always handling people with respect and patience.
- Complete all work to high standards
- Identify and recommend improved ways of doing things
- Ensure working practices and processes are followed.
Certificated in the following areas:
C.A.T. and genny
Driving (to requirement)
Working with or near plant
The following additional certificates are desirable:
NRSWA, cable winching & abrasive wheel.
Competence in all or some of the following: substation fitting on LV, 11kv, 20kv, LV linking without supervision
Sound knowledge of H&S and Risk Assessment.