8 months ago
Are you driven beyond reason? Do you aspire to work for a world leading engineering and Infrastructure Company? If so, Randstad have the perfect opportunity for you. Our Client, an unrivalled market leader, is currently looking to hire an experienced and qualified HSEQ advisor to work on major rail projects within their fast growing team based in Warrington
Main Purpose of Role
To assist the SHESQ Management in the implementation of Group SHESQ Management Systems and provide SHESQ advice and support to employees.
Key Responsibilities and Duties
* Establish and promote best practice in safety, health, environmental, sustainability and quality (SHESQ) matters in conjunction with the SHESQ function.
* Advise and support Managers and Supervisors to discharge their responsibilities for the SHESQ of employees and others to whom they have a duty as defined by Legislation and Company Procedures.
* Ensure that all personnel are aware of their statutory duties and responsibilities, and to provide advice as and when required.
* Support management teams to ensure compliance with all requirements stipulated in the SHESQ Plans.
* Carry out regular inspections of sites and work places to determine whether work is being carried out in accordance with Company Policy, Procedures and the relevant Statutory Provisions.
* Carry out accident/incident investigations in accordance with the Company procedure and, analysing all data, making recommendations to avoid any reoccurrences.
* Collate Business / Contract SHESQ statistics in a timely manner and submit to the SHESQ Management & SHESQ function for reporting purposes.
* Review SHESQ information to identify trends and areas for improvement. Develop and implement SHESQ campaigns and improvement plans in agreement with the SHESQ Management.
* Assist in the preparation & review of project SHESQ documents including those of 3rd parties.
* Provide support to Project teams in the development of SHESQ Plans.
* Produce SHESQ plans, procedures and associated documentation.
* Identify significant SHESQ issues for contracts / yards and help set-up contracts / yards to include appropriate controls.
* Identify SHESQ consents / permits or exemptions that are required and ensure they are obtained.
* Maintain records as necessary to ensure compliance with Legislation, Company procedures and Contract Requirements.
* Provide reports, presentations and information as directed by the Business / SHESQ Management.
* Carry out site inductions and other training as required.
* Support the Business / SHESQ Management in the delivery of the Audit Programme.
* Undertake SHESQ audits as required.
* Providing input into pre-qualification, tender and SHESQ award submissions.
* Stopping work with the agreement of the SHESQ / Site / Project Management at any time SHESQ management of the works is in question.
* Disseminate information issued by the SHESQ function to relevant employees.
* Participate in working groups / forums as required.
* Participate in the work of committees and joint consultations affecting the workforce as required.
The additional requirements which may assist in the recruitment selection process. Obviously, the below forms part of the above JD which was sent by our recruitment team.
* You will provide the lead on environmental issues and advise projects teams on environmental requirements and good practice
* Ensure compliance with environmental legislation and contractual requirements
* Mentor and coach (site) staff with environmental responsibilities
* Liaison with statutory authorities, Clients and other stakeholders on environmental issues.
* Undertake investigations to determine environmental constraints during the pre-construction stage
* Obtain permissions and consents during pre-construction stage
* Develop Design/ Construction Environmental Management plans, Waste Management Plans and other plans where required
* Assist in the review of Group and Contract Environmental Performance Indicators
* Review and approve the environmental sections of construction method statements
* Perform Site visits, Inspections and be able producing reports concisely
* Ensuring major environmental incidents are reported through the 2-1-2 process and other contract requirements in a timely manner and to statutory authorities if necessary.
* Conducting environmental incident investigations in accordance with the business/clients' Incident Reporting Procedure and ensuring appropriate corrective/preventative actions are identified and implemented. Ensure lessons learned are communicated across the Project / Contract and shared across the Business.
* Develop and deliver environmental training across the business stream or at a project level
* Assist in the development of best practice and ensure that they are used on site
* Where require undertake Safety, Health and Quality roles which are under supervision the respective leads
To Apply please contact Seif El Zarka on / or alternativley email seif.el-
Randstad CPE values diversity and promotes equality. No terminology in this advert is intended to discriminate against any of the protected characteristics that fall under the Equality Act 2010. We encourage and welcome applications from all sections of society and are more than happy to discuss reasonable adjustments and/or additional arrangements as required to support your application.
Candidates must be eligible to live and work in the UK.
For the purposes of the Conduct Regulations 2003, when advertising permanent vacancies we are acting as an Employment Agency, and when advertising temporary/contract vacancies we are acting as an Employment Business
11 days ago
only 17 days until close