3 months ago
Note for Recruitment Agencies:
We prefer to hire directly, but we do have an approved supplier list for when we'd like a helping hand. We'll be in touch if we need you
Role Overview: We are recruiting for an Environmental Advisor to work on Highways England's flagship Smart Motorways Programme being delivered via a joint venture between Galliford Try and Costain. The project will involve widening and delivering technology infrastructure solutions to the M1 between Jct 23a and Jct 25 in Nottinghamshire and is likely to be valued at approximately 75m for the 12km stretch of improved motorway.
The Environmental Advisor will be responsible for monitoring and providing Environmental specialist input from design to implementation, at a contract and site level. You will provide onsite and back office/ bid support ensuring compliance with environmental legislative requirements and the requirements of the business management systems and assist the delivery teams to understand environmental issues and promote best practice.
- Provide advice on Environmental Policy and legislation compliance to the business stream management team and identify and review environmental project risk
- Monitor and review environmental legislative changes and the potential impact on the business
- Undertake regular reviews of the performance of site activities in meeting environmental operating standards through scheduled site visits, inspections and/or audits. Provide support and advice to the site based resource during project lifetime
- Undertake site visits to review unplanned events and support line management in their completion of investigations into the causes of these events and the identification of root causes and preventative measures.
- Support and advise on planning for implementation of Sustainability objectives and ensure processes are effective in delivering environmental limits
- Support local management in their liaison with clients and contractors by attending meetings and other events such as working groups
- Prepare written reports following all site visits, inspections, audits and investigations as required by the environmental operating procedures
- Working with the training manager, maintain training and advisory documents and deliver training and advisory sessions to personnel and contractors in conjunction with HR teams
- Share learning across projects and business streams within respective region and contribute to the continuous improvement of the CSUK HSE strategy via communities of practise
Experience and Qualifications:
- Degree in an Environmental discipline or IEMA associate or foundation certification and working towards Diploma
- Member of the Institute of Environmental Management and Assessment
- Thorough working knowledge of current Environmental legislation
- Strong knowledge of construction projects including refurbishment and new construction
- Effective communication skills at all levels, ability to build relationships across all levels of the organisation
- Competent in producing reports
- Professional, personable and results focussed
- High level of employee focus, business pragmatism and understanding
- Team player who knows how to build and sustain relationships
We are looking for individuals meeting the above requirements who will join our growing team and assist us in successfully delivering this Flagship Highways England Project.
We offer an opportunity to work on some of the UKs most exciting construction projects, in a fast paced environment where each day brings new challenges as well as a competitive salary and benefits package.
With an ambitious strategy, we're poised for further growth and success, so if you're committed, talented and enthusiastic, Galliford Try is the right place for you.
We are one of the UK's leading housebuilding and construction groups. For 100 years, Galliford Try has helped to shape the world around us and today we are at the forefront of the construction industry with approximately 5,500 employees working on a huge range of housebuilding and construction projects. As a FTSE 250 listed UK business, our focus is on delivering first class business solutions and building long-term relationships with our customers, employees, supply chain and communities we work in. Our involvement in some of the UK's most high profile and innovative projects ensures our employees benefit from unrivalled opportunities and career progression.
As a major UK contractor our Construction Division has a diversified workload in the public, regulated and private sectors. The Division boasts a strong reputation for providing whole-life solutions, high standards of project delivery, and an ability to innovate. It predominately operates under either the Galliford Try or the Morrison Construction brands, and is organised into five key segments: Building, Infrastructure, Facilities Management, Investments and Integrated Solutions.
Operating under Galliford Try in England and Wales and Morrison Construction in Scotland, we are a leading contractor on infrastructure projects in the public and regulated sectors. From highways and rail to renewable energy and water, delivering a specialist capability from concept and design through to project implementation and maintenance.
Infrastructure - Highways Sector
The Highways sector for GallifordTry focuses on highways related capital and maintenance works within England and Wales. It is responsible for delivering Frameworks and projects between 10 and 100m in value and targets key customers such as Highways England, Welsh Government and selected Local Authorities. This successful growing sector is set to deliver 90m of project and frameworks this year with ambitious plans to grow over the next 3 years building on recent successes such as the Midland Highways Alliance, Northumberland Street Lighting and Highways England's, Smart Motorway Programme. Be part of a successful team where opportunities to develop career will be available through the growth of the sector.
Galliford Try is an equal opportunities employer and welcomes applications from all sectors of the community