7 months ago
The principal function of this Consultant River Engineer position is to provide support to CH2M in the works we undertake on the WEM programme of works, specifically on the Humber projects.We are looking for enthusiastic people to join our integrated and energised team with the Environment Agency and our supply partners. If you would like to work in a collaborative environment with a diverse range of professionals where your ideas, innovation and individuality are nurtured then this is the ideal next step in your career.
The position is focused on supporting the project manager and being the main link with the junior resources helping drive the solution identification and initial design development. Specific responsibilities will include:
- Support the Project Manager with the overall management, coordination and production of the business cases associated with numerous schemes from initial assessment through to the completion of the 5 business case model.
- Help the Project Manager co-ordinate the delivery team throughout the project life cycle.
- Input into risk management.
- Assist client engagement and stakeholder consultation,
- Develop innovative solutions that deliver the clients brief.
- Adopt a proactive approach to innovation, sustainability and delivering cost effective solutions.
- Help support and mentor the graduate members.
The minimum qualifications for this position are:The ideal candidate should:
- Have as a minimum a BEng Degree in a relevant subject
- Be working towards Chartered Engineer status (ICE / CIWEM or equivalent)
- Have a knowledge of the UK flood risk management industry
- Have an understanding of Construction
- Be client focused
- Be able to work independently and as part of a team
- Have excellent written and oral communication skills
- Be flexible, adaptable and responsive to change
- Be motivated and enthused member of the team
- Have a proven experience of delivery to deadline and evidence of problem resolution in the process
- Have proven experience of producing accurate technical outputs
Our Culture: Safety & health conscious, flexible working conditions, collaborative & friendly with regular social activities. We're full of initiatives for creating a diverse and interesting place for professionals to work, as well as individuals wanting to advance their career. We support and encourage our people to go through their professional qualifications. To get ahead we also have our JUMP network for aspiring junior to mid-level CH2Mers.
Our CH2M Foundation are renowned for supporting and helping to nurture sustainable communities. We partner Engineers without Borders', Water for People' and Bridges to Prosperity'. We're STEM ambassadors. We promote WISE (Women in Science & Engineering), we also have our own women's engineering network to promote equality in our industry.
Take a look around our site to see some of the iconic projects we are involved in all around the world! Soon you could be part of award winning CH2M.
Developing People through Challenging Projects. CH2M is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
This role is only open to applicants able to accept local employment contract conditions and not expatriate employment terms. Please note that this role is only considering applications with valid working rights for the UK, CH2M will not sponsor an employment visa to fill this position.