6 months ago
Reporting into the Managing Director, the Sustainability Manager will have overall responsibility for the Environmental, Health and Safety and fire activities on site. As an active member of the senior management team. The Environmental, Health and Safety Manager will be fundamental in finding new, innovative and economically reductive ways to stay green as well as being in charge of developing, implementing and monitoring company environmental strategies.
- Creating and developing the department as a new entity
- Developing strategies to ensure minimal negative environmental impact from manufacturing processes e.g. noise pollution, air pollution, site damage
- Collating data from inspections of machinery and processes; developing strategies to conserve energy and resources.
- Managing the EHS budget; increasing efficiency and reducing cost
- Developing internal policies
- Developing KPIs relating to environmental impact, health and safety and fire safety and using them to evaluate the performance of the team, and the site as a whole
- Proactively communicating ideas, strategies and developments to the Managing Director and the company as a whole; producing reports, leading meetings and producing communications
- Ensuring that business goals, objectives and strategy are clearly communicated to the Health and Safety and Fire teams
- Managing and developing the Health and Safety and Fire teams ensuring they are motivated to perform and deliver requirements
- Developing an in-depth knowledge of all aspects of the site production and the various departments
- Advising the company on a range of specialist areas including fire regulations, hazardous substances, noise, safeguarding machinery and occupational diseases.
- Maintaining a working knowledge of all Health and Safety Executive (HSE) and Sustainability legislation and any developments;
- Working with departmental managers and the EHS/Fire teams to gain knowledge of issues and necessary improvements
- Leading in-house training with managers about relevant sustainability initiatives;
- To implement continuous improvement in these areas of the Unit's activities, including the implementation and maintenance of ISO and OHSAS standards.
- Ensure that systems and procedures are introduced in conjunction with management, in relation to waste management and Environmental Permit Regulations variations and the Climate Change Levy.
- Ensure that the Company is in compliance with the statutory and local landlord contract conditions.
- Ensure that the company satisfactorily achieves all the requirements of the European Union Emissions Trading scheme and the entry into United Kingdom Registry to allow trading in carbon units in the necessary timescales.
- Effectively communicating change to both internal and external stakeholders;
- Coordinating, chairing and participating in various Committees/Working Groups;
- Responsible for the ongoing relationship with the environmental agency;
- Ensure site compliance & auditing;
- Advise and reviewing procedures relating to pollution risks to ground, air, water and noise.
- Responsible for the management of waste disposal streams for the business.
- Reporting of statistics related to environmental legislation for energy usage and waste.
- Owner of ISO 14001
- Responsible for the management of energy policy, energy use and control, reduction initiatives for Cost, quantity and efficiency of energy use.
- Responsible for reporting into the HSE and other corporate bodies to ensure conformance.
- A strong technical understanding of sustainability, energy and environmental issues; ideally holding IEMA membership at Managerial (Full- MIEMA CEnv) or Leadership (Fellow- FIEMA) level
- Previous experience of developing strategic documents and reports is essential
- Must be an experienced sustainability and/or environmental professional with relevant manufacturing experience
- The ability
Encore Personnel are an Equal Opportunities Employer. Specialist Recruiters in the Technical/engineering, Industrial, Driving, Energy and senior appointment sectors. Supplying nationally. Encore offer a "refer a friend" reward scheme where you could receive a gift of up to 500.