4 months ago
Our client, based in Staffordshire, is currently recruiting for an Environmental Health Officer - Food Safety on a temporary contract.
The Environmental Services department which delivers a wide range of service has received the Customer Service Excellence Award. The position is due to start at the beginning of April, will last 3 months initially and is for 37 hours per week. The hourly rate for this post is negotiable dependent on experience.
The ideal candidate must have recent experience within Food Safety ideally within a rural location.
Duties will include (but not limited to):
* Responsible for dealing with food safety, health and safety and regulatory services
* Managing the food hygiene programme and identifying any issues
* Responding to and investigating complaints, undertaking risk based inspections and revisiting where necessary to ensure compliance
* Dealing with routine food hygiene inspections Category B, C and D
* Conducting investigations into food poisoning, infectious disease, occupational ill health and accidents
* Providing licensing advice to local businesses and restaurants to improve food hygiene
* At least two years of direct experience of working in a related field
* Carrying out inspections, investigations and enforcement
James Andrews is acting as an employment agency and business in relation to this role