about 1 year ago
Environmental, Health & Safety Adviser
Birmingham West Midlands
28000 to 32000 + excellent benefits
As one of the world's most recognised engineering companies, employing in excess of 3000 people across 20 locations, my client delivers power and automation solutions, as well as supplying generators and industrial motors to a range of engineering industries ranging from wind power, traditional power generation and even shipping.
Due to continued development they are looking to recruit an Environmental, Health & Safety Adviser for one of their West Midlands operations.
As an Environmental, Health & Safety Advisor you'll be working with senior management and all other employees on all aspects of health, safety and environmental matters.
By developing good working relationships with those on site, you'll be providing hands-on guidance, instruction and practical answers to ensure that any business risks relating to health, safety and environmental legislation are minimised or eradicated.
You will also keep abreast of current and new legislation and legal requirements, to ensure the company is at the forefront of HS&E responsibility, and cascade this out to all relevant employees.
Typical areas of the role include:
- Planning safe working practices & rolling these out
- Investigating incidents and providing corrective actions
- Providing Health & Safety training across all employee levels
- Assessing new equipment and machinery for safety, including safe installation and use
- Writing internal EHS policies and strategies to ensure compliance to ISO14001 and - -- BS OHSAS18001
- Developing safe systems of work procedures
- Reviewing Risk Assessments and identifying potential hazards
- Working with relevant authorities (H&S Executive / Environmental Agency etc.) as main point of contact
- Organising safety audits, inspections etc.
- Carrying out HS&E induction for all new employees and any updates in legislation for existing employees
THE IDEAL PERSON
In order to be considered for this position you will:
- Have experience of working within an engineering environment and be familiar with EH&S relating to this industry
- Have excellent levels of communication, both verbal and written, along with the ability to work closely with all levels of employee, management and relevant authorities
- Carry a NEBOSH Diploma in Health & Safety
- Have diploma level qualifications in Environmental Management
- Have qualifications and experience in implementation of ISO14001 and OHSAS18001 management systems
- Experience and qualifications as Lead EHS Auditor
- Be a member of IOSH
- Be proficient in the Microsoft Office suite of programs
In return my client is offering an excellent salary and benefits package, great working conditions and a structure that rewards their employees with a defined career path and development opportunities.
This is an extremely important role, so please feel free to call John Ryan on (Apply online only) before applying if you'd like to discuss things in more detail.
Reed Specialist Recruitment Limited is an employment agency and employment business
2 months ago
only 16 days until close
6 days ago
only 22 days until close