4 months ago
Environmental Management Coordinator - Belfast
30,000 - 40,000
We have a new opening in Northern Ireland for a Chartered Environmental Management person, for a site based role on a construction project.
Reporting to the Group SHE Director through the Project Manager and Senior Environmental Manager, you will provide help and advice on a specific multi-million pound project in Northern Ireland.
This is a senior role within the company; you will endeavour to protect the Environment, help the company meet agreed objectives, and ensure ongoing compliance with Environmental legislation.
The post holder should have a proactive and enthusiastic attitude and be able to interact with the site teams, various business units and the Client's team to ensure effective relationships are established and maintained.
Some of your duties will include:
* Be the point of contact for advice in dealing with Environmental issues for the Project Manager, the Site Operatives, Subcontractors, the relevant Statutory Bodies, and other relevant stakeholders.
* Prepare, implement, maintain, manage and regularly review and revise the Construction Environmental Management Plan (CEMP) and implement the CEMP procedures.
* Prepare the Handover Environmental Management Plan.
* Prepare, maintain and regularly review the Site Waste Management Plan and maintain records relating to the reuse, recycling and disposal of waste materials.
* Review company and subcontractors paperwork with regard to environmental issues.
* Conduct site environmental compliance audits.
* Coordinate collection and collation of CEEQUAL evidence and assist the integrated team in achieving the highest potential CEEQUAL rating achievable for the scheme.
* Implement pollution control procedures and contingency plan and investigate environmental incidents.
* Prepare and deliver Environmental briefings if necessary
* Prepare and assist with applications and the ongoing maintenance of licence conditions and renewals of waste exemptions, licences and permits
* Assist the Employer in liaison with Statutory Bodies, other key stakeholders, and local community.
* Assist with any other activities which may be necessary in order to protect wildlife and the environment during the works.
* Assist with and/or deliver relevant training programmes.
* Assist with responses to PQQ, Bid, and tender questions
To be considered for this role you will have:
* Chartered Membership of CIEEM, IEMA, CIWEM or hold an equivalent professional qualification in the ecological and environmental field.
* Environmental experience within the construction/ civils field demonstrating a sound understanding of construction processes
* Knowledge of relevant Environmental legislation
* Experience of Environmental Auditing and an awareness of CEEQUAL
* Holder of CSR / CSCS / Safepass card
* Demonstrate strong communication skills
* Good working knowledge of Microsoft packages such as Outlook, Word and Excel.
* Full driving licence
If you feel the role of 'Environmental Management Coordinator - Belfast' is something you would like to be considered for, please apply via the button shown or contact Stephen McConnell directly on or
Please also be aware that any correspondence or discussions related to this opportunity will be conducted with the utmost of confidentiality.
This vacancy is being advertised by Wellington Professional Recruitment Ltd. The services advertised by Wellington Professional Recruitment Ltd are those of an Employment Agency on behalf of our client
13 days ago
only 15 days until close
12 days ago
only 16 days until close
12 days ago
only 16 days until close
10 days ago
only 18 days until close