3 months ago
Luton IBC Plant, Bedfordshire
Vauxhall is the only car manufacturer to have consistently produced cars in the UK for over one hundred years. Whilst our roots in the early days of automotive development give us plenty to celebrate, our success has always been founded on our forward thinking philosophy and drive for excellence. A job with us could not only provide a sustainable career, but an opportunity for you to develop your skills amongst forward-thinking technology and people.
Vauxhall is not only a leading brand in the automotive industry but is also known and awarded as one of Britain's top employers.
What you can expect
As an experienced Environmental Specialist, you will be involved in supporting the company to achieve environmental commitments. As well as maintaining the Plants ISO 14001 certification, you'll also be responsible for complying with all applicable environmental legislation and permit conditions, ensuring conformance with corporate environmental performance criteria and managing the day-to-day activities of the environmental team.
Other responsibilities include:
* Ensure the Plant complies with all applicable environmental legislation and GM corporate requirements, including the development and maintenance of environmental monitoring and reporting programmes, in line with the Plant's environmental permits
* Support the Plant's Environmental Management System (EMS) to maintain ISO 14001 certification
* Lead and conduct audits to evaluate compliance with applicable requirements, including GM environmental performance criteria and identify opportunities for continuous improvement
* Manage the development and implementation of key environmental procedures and programmes
* Liaise with business units and staff at all levels and provide technical support and advice
What we expect
* Degree level in a relevant environmental or technical subject
* Good years' experience working in an environmental management role within a large, diverse operation with multiple environmental issues
* Strong organisational, planning and time management skills, able to advise multiple projects simultaneously without compromising on standards and quality
* Excellent communication, negotiation and diplomacy skills
* Ability to work independently, make decisions and solve problems with minimal oversight
* Strong analytical capabilities
* Knowledge of current environmental regulations impacting manufacturing
* Experience of implementing, maintaining and auditing environmental management systems in line with the requirements of ISO 14001
* Membership of an Environmental professional body (IEMA, CIWM or equivalent)
* A good working knowledge of automotive manufacturing processes
* Computer skills including MS office required
What we offer
* Competitive Salary
* Company pension scheme
* Inclusion on the company car scheme
...and a lot more!
We are looking forward to receiving your application as well as relevant supporting documents (cover letter, CV and certificates), including your salary requirement and period of notice.
Please note that we only accept applications via our online platform.
Vauxhall is an equal opportunity employer