4 months ago
Our client is one of the UK's leading geotechnical contractors with a proven capability in all elements of ground investigation and drilling and grouting
Due to their continued growth and success they are now looking to recruit an Estimator to join their Surrey based team. As an Estimator you will report to the Pre-Construction Manager and you will be responsible for providing an estimating service, assisting in the procurement of contracts in accordance with the company estimating procedures. Involved with both Site Investigation and business streams.
- To undertake the initial assessment of enquiries, completion of CR10's
- To prepare tenders using company risk assessments, progress calculators and calculation sheets that are commercially competitive and qualified where necessary
- To deliver timely submissions meeting agreed deadlines
- To complete tender stage programmes
- To obtain accurate and up to date materials and sub-contractor quotations
- To liaise with the Commercial, Operations, Proposals and Technical departments to maximise beneficial opportunities and reduce risk to the company
- To liaise with potential Clients & Engineers providing information and solutions
- To maintain the Enquiry Database with up to date information e.g. tender follow up records & updating enquiry status.
- To assist other estimators and regional office managers with completion of bids as required
- To prepare hand-over packages (CR14'se).
Knowledge and Experience Required:
- Good understanding of the geotechnical and environmental industries.
- >5yrs UK Geo-environmental experience.
- Degree qualified and registration with appropriate professional body.
- Understanding of key standard forms of contract (ICE, ICC, NEC), standard specifications and methods of measurement.
- Knowledge of GIS plant capabilities.
- Knowledge of company procedures
- Excellent computer skills particularly Excel, Project and company Lotus Databases
- Ability and willingness to negotiate with Clients both by telephone and at meetings in order to secure work and promote the company
- Effective management of ones time to ensure deadlines are met, ability to work under pressure.
In return the client is offering a competitive salary depending on experience, but circa 26-34k plus benefits package