7 months ago
Field Service Engineer - CHP
Salary - 28,000 - 32,000 DOE + Benefits and Overtime
Location - Northampton
We are actively seeking a Field Service Engineer/Technician to work on CHP gas engines around the Northampton area. Our clients are specialists in supplying and servicing a range of gas engine types working on landfill sites, water treatment plants, energy generators and the agricultural and commercial sectors in the Northampton area.
General responsibilities as a CHP Field Service Engineer include:
* Repair, maintenance and overhaul of large CHP gas engines from 30kw to 3MW
* Working with a team of Multi Skilled Engineers when required
* Being part of a next -day call out rota in your area
* Mechanical fault finding and replacing parts
* Carrying out basic fault finding on 24v dc engine control systems and fault diagnostics up to 415v systems
* Carrying out training if and when required
The ideal applicant will have:
* A background working with large gas engines or diesel engines such as Jenbacher, MAN, MWM, Caterpillar etc.
* A relevant Mechanical qualification (C&G/HND/NVQ/BTEC/BEng etc.)
* A gas safe certificate (COCN1, ICPN1 etc.) Is advantageous but not essential
* A flexible work approach with the ability to travel
* Basic electrical fault finding skills
In your role as Service Engineer you will be reporting to the Operations Manager travelling from site to site working on a range of gas engines. Typically, you will work days but you will be part of a call out and standby rota working 1 in 5 weekends. This is a field based role so will need a full UK driving licence. You will also need be flexible and willing to stay away from home during the week if required when working on projects.
There is potential for progression in this expanding company and this exciting opportunity offers a salary between 28,000 - 32,000 depending on experience along with benefits such as pension and company van, healthcare, training, overtime and call out pay.
To apply please send an up to date CV or call (Apply online only) and ask for Becki Wensley.
Astute Technical Recruitment Limited are acting as an employment agency in relation to this vacancy. We do not discriminate on the grounds of age, race, gender, disability, creed or sexual orientation and comply with all relevant UK legislation. We encourage applications from individuals from all backgrounds but candidates must be able to demonstrate their ability to work in the UK