3 months ago
GE is the world’s Digital Industrial Company, transforming industry with software-defined machines and solutions that are connected, responsive and predictive. Through our people, leadership development, services, technology and scale, GE delivers better outcomes for global customers by speaking the language of industry.
It is not about your career… it is not about your job title… it is about who you are…. It is about the impact you are going to make on the world. You want to go into uncharted waters… do things that haven’t been done to make yours and someone else's life better. GE has been doing that for decades! We will continue to do so! We are the world’s digital industrial company.
GE Renewable Energy is a 9 billion dollar start-up that brings together one of the broadest product and service portfolios of the renewable energy industry. With 13,000 employees present in more than 40 countries, and headquartered in Paris, GE Renewable Energy is backed-up by the resources of the world’s first digital industrial company. We take the earth’s most abundant resources - the strength of the wind, the force of water, and the heat of the sun, - and put them to work with breakthrough technology that unleashes their true possibilities. Combining onshore and offshore wind, hydro and innovative technologies such as concentrated solar power, GE Renewable Energy has installed more than 370 gigawatts capacity globally to make the world work better and cleaner.
GE is committed to taking on the world’s toughest challenges. In order to fulfill that promise we rely on a culture of leadership, diversity and inclusiveness. We aim to employ the world’s brightest minds to help us create a limitless source of ideas and opportunities. We believe in hiring talented people of varied backgrounds, experiences and styles…people like you!
To further consolidate and strengthen our GE Renewable Energy Wind turbine service and maintenance teams in UK ( Northampton and Mid Wales) , we are looking for qualified, highly motivated and committed Field Technicians.
* Previous industrial experience perhaps in a factory, hands on experience servicing/repairing/maintenance/preventative maintenance
* You don’t necessarily have to have the specific wind experience OR a degree qualification just the willingness to train/take courses to understand GE and there technology.
* EHS experience ideal
* Electrical qualifications would help
Ability to work independently on the implementation of fault analyses and repair of wind turbine generator systems, including clarification of any client queries.
* Planned and preventive maintenance of wind turbine generator systems.
* Documenting of call-out responses, fault finding and repair work in service reports, logbooks and checklists.
* Coordination of external and internal service providers and contractors on site.
* Contact person for client technical queries, such as retrofits and repairs
* Professional training in electrical engineering sector (electrician, power electronics system, mechatronic engineer) or equivalent knowledge and experience.
* Familiar with MS-Office operating system.
* Familiar with PLCs.
* High degree of quality awareness.
* Excellent fault finding and diagnostics skills combined with the ability to detect and remedy faults, defects, problems.
* Able to work at heights and high level of physical fitness.
* Structured worker with technical analytical abilities.
* Fluency in English language Prepared to travel.
* Willing to work sometimes also at the weekends.
* Class B driving license.
Applications from job seekers who require sponsorship to work in the UK are welcome and will be considered alongside all other applications. However, non-EU/EEA candidates may not be appointed to a post if a suitably qualified, experienced and skilled EU/EEA candidate is available to take up the post, as the employing body is unlikely, in these circumstances, to satisfy the Resident Labour Market Test. For further information please visit the UK Border Agency website
* Electrical/ mechanical maintenance and diagnostic experience will be the additional advantage
hands on experience servicing/repairing/maintenance/preventative maintenance
* EHS experience ideal
Locations: United Kingdom; Chelveston Northampton/ Cefn Croes, Mid Wales
GE offers a great work environment, professional development, challenging careers, and competitive compensation. GE is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.