about 1 year ago
We currently have a full-time opportunity for General Foreman within the Galliford Try Rail Division to work on the construction of a new Rail Bridge at Thorpe Park (near Leeds).
The project will include both earth works and extensive FRC works, as a result the candidate will need to be able to demonstrate extensive experience of working on both rail and Reinforced Concrete structures.
- Overall day-to-day management of all site based construction works.
- Ensuring that all site activities are executed in a safe manner, where the risk to health and safety of all persons coming onto the project is eliminated by competent careful coordination of the works.
- Ensure that comprehensive records are maintained of the day-to-day construction activities.
- Ensure there is effective coordination of all persons working on the project.
- Ensure that both Temporary works and Permanent works are executed in accordance with the associated designs.
Experience and Qualifications
- Will be from a trades back ground
- Must have Civil Engineering experience gained with a civil engineering main contractor rather than a sub-contractor (UK or overseas)
- Rail experience working as main contractor. Network Rail.
- CSCS Managers Category
With an ambitious strategy, we're poised for further growth and success, so if you're committed, talented and enthusiastic, Galliford Try is the right place for you.
In return we offer an opportunity to work on some of the UK's most exciting construction projects, in a fast paced environment where each day brings new challenges as well as a competitive salary and benefits package.
We are one of the UK's leading housebuilding and construction groups. For 100 years, Galliford Try has helped to shape the world around us and today we are at the forefront of the construction industry with approximately 4,700 employees working on a huge range of housebuilding and construction projects. As a FTSE 250 listed UK business, our focus is on delivering first class business solutions and building long-term relationships with our customers, employees, supply chain and communities we work in. Our involvement in some of the UK's most high profile and innovative projects ensures our employees benefit from unrivaled opportunities and career progression.
As a major UK contractor our Construction Division has a diversified workload in the public, regulated and private sectors. The Division boasts a strong reputation for providing whole-life solutions, high standards of project delivery, and an ability to innovate. It predominately operates under either the Galliford Try or the Morrison Construction brands, and is organised into five key segments: Building, Infrastructure, Facilities Management, Investments and Integrated Solutions.
Operating under Galliford Try in England and Wales and Morrison Construction in Scotland, we are a leading contractor on infrastructure projects in the public and regulated sectors. From highways and rail to renewable energy and water, delivering a specialist capability from concept and design through to project implementation and maintenance.
Galliford Try is an equal opportunities employer and welcomes applications from all sectors of the community