Group Electrical Design Engineer (Offshore) - RES Group
This job expired on 26-06-2012
Browse Renewable Energy Jobs by Job Categories
Here are some similar jobs for you to consider...
Heat Pump Installer (Engineer) 2 months ago
Kingston Upon Thames, Guildford, Crawley
Salary band: £30k - £40k
A Heat Pump Installer is required by a well-established renewable energy contractor based in Surrey / London. The company have been running since the late 80's and currently specialise in renewable...
Head Of Contracts EPC 27 days ago
Salary band: £70k - £80k
By working closely with the directors, other team members and colleagues from our other group companies in the UK, the US and Germany to support, or lead, on a range of transactions undertaken by t...
Head of Offshore Operations & Interfaces 27 days ago
Salary band: £60k - £70k
Job Title: Head of Offshore Operations & Interfaces Job Type: Permanent Salary: £65,000 - £75,000 Location: Edinburgh, Scotland Consultant: Nick Gillison Ref: HEOI:NG The Organisation: The Green ...
Senior Structural Appoval Engineer 23 days ago
Salary band: £60k - £70k
Senior/Principal Structural EngineerProgressive are currently recruiting for a Senior/Principal Structural Engineer to join one of our key clients' expanding teams on a permanent basis. Responsibi...
|Salary Details:||Competitive + Benefits|
|Location:||UK , North East|
|Job Categories:||Wind Energy Jobs|
Renewable Energy Systems Ltd (RES) is one of the world's broadest based wind energy companies, embracing development, engineering, construction and ownership of wind farms throughout Europe, America and Australia. RES has over 25 years experience in the wind industry and has built over 5GW of wind farms.
RES's Electrical Design Team provides design input and technical support to our wind farm development and construction businesses.. We are aiming to recruit a new engineer into the team, so that we have enough resource to meet our expected workload over the coming period. The new members of the team will initially work under close supervision, to carry out clearly defined tasks. The existing team is technically strong, and provides a supportive environment for learning and professional development.
- Carries out technical studies
- Drafts design reports
- Drafts technical specifications
- Other tasks
Level of responsibility
- Tasks allocated and defined by others
- Work will be subject to review and checking by others
- Work independently, requesting guidance when needed
To be successful, candidates must be able to demonstrate the following:
- Good degree or equivalent qualification in Electrical Engineering
- Some relevant industrial experience
- Strong written communication (English) skills
- Ability to work with numerical information
- Ability to use standard desktop software (ie. Word, Excel)
Knowledge and experience in the following areas would be beneficial, but is not regarded as essential:
- High-voltage plant (eg. cables, switchgear)
- Electrical system modelling software (eg. PSS/E, DIgSILENT)
- Wind turbine technology and wind farm design practice