Group Electrical Design Engineer (Offshore) - RES Group
This job expired on 26-06-2012
Browse Renewable Energy Jobs by Job Categories
Here are some similar jobs for you to consider...
Hereford and Worcester, Birmingham, Worcester
Electrical and Electronic Engineering Graduate is required; my client are a well-established electrical company within the Renewable Energy market based in Worcestershire, specialising in electrica...
London, Durham, Glasgow, Bristol
Structural Engineer to Design Oil & Gas rigs and also Offshore Renewables: Wind Turbines, Wave Power or Tidal Energy. Essential to have structural engineering experience plus engineering degree: Me...
Electrical Supervisor 10 months ago
Lancashire, Merseyside, Wigan
Electrical Supervisor required with a strong electrical background & also solar PV experience. My client requires someone with technical knowledge of solar PV systems along with contracts managemen...
Electrical Engineer - Onshore wind 19 days ago
Electrical Engineer - Onshore wind Job Type: Permanent Salary: £40,000 - £60,000 + Bonus Location: North-East of England or London Consultant: Dominic Wall Ref: LKM52 The Organisation Our client is...
Renewable Energy Systems Ltd (RES) is one of the world's broadest based wind energy companies, embracing development, engineering, construction and ownership of wind farms throughout Europe, America and Australia. RES has over 25 years experience in the wind industry and has built over 5GW of wind farms.
RES's Electrical Design Team provides design input and technical support to our wind farm development and construction businesses.. We are aiming to recruit a new engineer into the team, so that we have enough resource to meet our expected workload over the coming period. The new members of the team will initially work under close supervision, to carry out clearly defined tasks. The existing team is technically strong, and provides a supportive environment for learning and professional development.
- Carries out technical studies
- Drafts design reports
- Drafts technical specifications
- Other tasks
Level of responsibility
- Tasks allocated and defined by others
- Work will be subject to review and checking by others
- Work independently, requesting guidance when needed
To be successful, candidates must be able to demonstrate the following:
- Good degree or equivalent qualification in Electrical Engineering
- Some relevant industrial experience
- Strong written communication (English) skills
- Ability to work with numerical information
- Ability to use standard desktop software (ie. Word, Excel)
Knowledge and experience in the following areas would be beneficial, but is not regarded as essential:
- High-voltage plant (eg. cables, switchgear)
- Electrical system modelling software (eg. PSS/E, DIgSILENT)
- Wind turbine technology and wind farm design practice