Group Electrical Design Engineer (Offshore) - RES Group
This job expired on 26-06-2012
Browse Renewable Energy Jobs by Job Categories
Here are some similar jobs for you to consider...
Heat Pump Installer (Engineer) 2 months ago
Kingston Upon Thames, Guildford, Crawley
Salary band: £30k - £40k
A Heat Pump Installer is required by a well-established renewable energy contractor based in Surrey / London. The company have been running since the late 80's and currently specialise in renewable...
Salary band: £50k - £60k
Senior Structural Design EngineerProgressive Global Energy are currently recruiting for a Senior Structural Design Engineer to join one of our key clients based in Aberdeen. The successful candidat...
PLANNING ENGINEER - E&I - GAS SITE - BARROW 27 days ago
Salary band: Any
My client, a large heavy engineering company are looking for a planning engineer to come on board to assist with their outage at a large gas site in Barrow. The role is solely E&I biased so a q...
Senior Electrical Design Engineer 26 days ago
Salary band: £70k - £80k
We are working with a global player within the provision of Consulting building services. Their reach and reputation ensures that you would be working on major blue chip schemes and with leading ar...
|Salary Details:||Competitive + Benefits|
|Location:||UK , North East|
|Job Categories:||Wind Energy Jobs|
Renewable Energy Systems Ltd (RES) is one of the world's broadest based wind energy companies, embracing development, engineering, construction and ownership of wind farms throughout Europe, America and Australia. RES has over 25 years experience in the wind industry and has built over 5GW of wind farms.
RES's Electrical Design Team provides design input and technical support to our wind farm development and construction businesses.. We are aiming to recruit a new engineer into the team, so that we have enough resource to meet our expected workload over the coming period. The new members of the team will initially work under close supervision, to carry out clearly defined tasks. The existing team is technically strong, and provides a supportive environment for learning and professional development.
- Carries out technical studies
- Drafts design reports
- Drafts technical specifications
- Other tasks
Level of responsibility
- Tasks allocated and defined by others
- Work will be subject to review and checking by others
- Work independently, requesting guidance when needed
To be successful, candidates must be able to demonstrate the following:
- Good degree or equivalent qualification in Electrical Engineering
- Some relevant industrial experience
- Strong written communication (English) skills
- Ability to work with numerical information
- Ability to use standard desktop software (ie. Word, Excel)
Knowledge and experience in the following areas would be beneficial, but is not regarded as essential:
- High-voltage plant (eg. cables, switchgear)
- Electrical system modelling software (eg. PSS/E, DIgSILENT)
- Wind turbine technology and wind farm design practice