8 days ago
An opportunity has arisen within the Environmental Engineering & Facilities (EE&F) organisation for someone to lead the Project Team consisting of approximately 1 6 engineers in Stevenage to deliver engineering task packages on UK Programmes.
EE&F is integral within all land, sea and air based weapons system projects. They provide a key technical focal point for all stages of the product lifecycle, from concept definition and product development, through design aid and formal qualification, and into in-service support. Their expertise covers the areas of: requirements specification and management; data analysis; simulation and modelling; and testing in climatic, mechanical (vibration and shock), structural mechanical and fatigue.
- To lead the MBDA UK EE Project Team, applying specialist technical knowledge and advice to projects and sub-contract design authorities, with overall responsibility for EE UK project programme deliveries
- Provide expertise in defining Environmental Requirement Specifications (ERSs), including Environmental Proving Plans and Requirements in support of product development.
- Provide assessment of all relevant environmental requirements and their interpretation into design and test levels for the complete product and for its sub-systems, while maintaining overall consistency of logic and an efficient approach across projects
- Define cost-effective proving logic and write proving plans with the wider project teams
- Ensure that all environmental engineering activities are included in the appropriate project management plans and establish effective communication with the supporting departments including Design, Stress and Thermal
- To liaise with the Projects to ensure that the objectives, resource requirements, budgets and timescales of the Project Environmental programmes are agreed and are then met in accordance with the agreed statement of works
- Act as a technical support to project team during bid phase, being strongly involved in discussions with the customers
- To provide support to Design Verification Plan (DVP) with respect to interpreting environmental requirements, proving guidelines, conformance documentation and test techniques
- Support Head of EEF UK in implementing improvement activities including the development of the people, skills and capabilities of EE&F his group
- Conduct day to day management for project group in support of Head of EEF UK
- Some of the key challenges for the role include:
- Reinforcing the link between Environmental Engineering and Project Teams (CE, CDE,CSE), with a holistic view across all UK Projects
- Working across functional and international boundaries to resolve complex technical and people management challenges
- Raising competency level of staff and achieving demographic/skills profile
- Influencing project heads / chief engineers to invest in changes / developments that have potential technical & financial implications.
- Developing EE&F Projects strategy to keep pace with emerging technologies and threats
What`s in it for you?
- This role offers an opportunity for you to provide leadership to a motivated and effective team
- You will be involved in influencing project heads / chief engineers to invest in changes / developments that have potential technical & financial implications.
- You will have the chance to develop EE&F Projects strategy to keep pace with emerging technologies and threats
- You will have the opportunity to advance your existing skills/experience
What`s great about the team?
- Well motivated and skilled team providing Environmental Engineering expertise across all development projects
What are we looking for?
- Strong Technical background in environmental, mechanical or similar discipline
- Able to challenge and endorse the technical content of every document issued by the document
- Understanding of the environmental life cycle and the key activities across the Product Life-Cycle
- Project Management experience and skills
- Leadership and people management skills and experience
- Good influencing and interpersonal skills
- Good written and verbal communication skills
What would you get?
- Competitive salaries, flexible working, paid overtime (subject to level), a comprehensive pension scheme, sporting activities, fantastic site facilities, bonus schemes (subject to level), and superb learning and development opportunities.
Please note that in order to apply for MBDA UK opportunities you will need to be eligible for SC (Secret Level) UK Security Clearance.
Are you a member of LinkedIn? If so, you are invited to join our LinkedIn Group to view future MBDA UK opportunities and news. LinkedIn Group name: Engineering UK (Defence)
9 days ago
only 19 days until close
8 days ago
only 20 days until close
7 days ago
only 21 days until close
only 27 days until close