5 months ago
HSEQ - Health, Safety, Environmental and Quality Lead - 45k + benefits
From our Berkshire based Head Office, we provide high quality, professional facilities management and building support services mainly in London with some clients also dotted around the South East. We work for some of the most prestigious clients, and well known buildings in the City and West End of London. We provide specialist cleaning services as well as the manpower and expertise to cover additional soft FM services, including porterage, laundry, waste management, post room and reception cover. We have an outstanding reputation for customer service, safety, innovation, quality and operational efficiency. We maintain high standards, we have grown organically, consistently winning new business alongside our retained clients.
The Role in Summary:
To ensure that the strategic objectives for Health, Well Being, Safety, Environment and Quality are achieved and HSEQ values and behaviours are embedded into practice; to provide support in establishing a long term strategy for the implementation of H&S policy and monitoring effectiveness.
- Lead and direct all Health (well-being), Safety, Environmental and Quality initiatives, providing specialist technical guidance and direction to the business and the MD to ensure the H&S Policy and Strategy are fit for purpose
- Responsible for the implementation and maintenance of the Quality, Environmental and Health & Safety Management System in accordance with ISO 9001, ISO 14001 and OHSAS 18001 requirements
- Provide robust guidance to the Senior Management and Operational teams ensuring effective management of technical compliance and commercial necessity
- Act as a technical and cultural liaison between the employer, HSE and other regulatory bodies and Customer HSEQ representatives
- Take Ownership, Responsibility and Accountability for all Health and Safety Operational Processes, including RAMS; Audit; COSHH; PPE and Health and Safety Plans co-ordinated by HSEQ Team
- Supervise and conduct workplace inspections to detect existing or potential accident, health, safety, environmental or quality hazards. Analyse results of internal and external audits and take appropriate actions to resolve any potential issues
- Develop and maintain technical standards, in conjunction with all HSE activity and Quality procedures
- Develop and implement business improvement techniques and management of Operational Excellence standards and processes
- Develop and enhance the value of the department through coaching, mentoring, and professional / technical development
- Partner with the Senior Management team and safety professionals to establish consistent, best-practices in the HSEQ environment
- Assist in planning, implementation, monitoring and reviewing the protective and preventative measures adopted by the company and working to minimise operational losses, occupational health problems, accidents and injuries
- Manage, direct and coordinate audits, inspections, and tours of facilities and offices to detect existing or potential accident, health, security or safety hazards, recommend, facilitate, and follows up on corrective actions
- Manage, direct and organise the employer HSEQ Committee; Manage, direct and coordinate the actions of the employer Health & Safety Champions
- Represent the employer in all customer and service delivery matters with respect to HSEQ
- Operate with the gravitas to engage senior business stakeholders and the humility to engage all front line staff in conveying complex HSEQ mattersThe candidate:
- NEBOSH Diploma
- Experience in an HSEQ management role, preferably within Soft Service or FM industries
- Sound knowledge of HSEQ legislation, industry and best-practice standards
- Understanding of benchmarking trends and standards across the industry, implementation and follow up
- Experience in the development and maintenance of an HSEQ Management System
- Knowledge of Continuous Improvement or LEAN management
- Strong relationship management, interpersonal and communication skills; able to influence key stakeholders
- Experience of leading, supporting and directing diverse teams in a multi-faceted environment
Salary & Benefits, Hours etc:
45k (negotiable dependent upon experience) + expensed travel to London sites, mobile, laptop etc. Standard working hours are 9am to 5pm, Monday to Friday.
The applications process:
Applications in writing to our exclusive and retained HR & Recruitment Manager. If you have not heard from us within 5 working days it must be assumed that on this occasion your application has not been successful.