3 months ago
The HV Authorised Engineer works as part of UK & Ireland GE Renewable Energy Onshore Wind Service team, being a specialist on HV and LV commissioning, testing and fault finding.
The position provides “single point of contact” specialist HV electrical/technical support to the, Sales Engineers, Service Technicians, Local Operations/Service Team on all site HV electrical aspects, including:
* HV and LV commissioning, testing and fault finding.
* Maintaining HV and LV equipment including LV and HV switchgear, cabling and transformers.
* A good understanding of HV electrical networks.
* A good understanding of HV and LV protection and the ability to program and interrogate protection relays.
* An awareness and understanding of UK & Irish electrical regulations and standards.
* Previous experience of being a SAP (Senior Authorised Person).
* The ability to write Risk Assessment, Method Statements and Work Instructions.
* An understanding of how to install HV and LV cable joints and terminations.
* The ability to coordinate detailed electrical investigations and write accurate detailed reports.
* Qualified for working at heights within the turbine towers and nacelle.
* Good communication skills for working with colleagues, customers and DNO’s.
The position reports to the Customer Service Leader, with functional responsibility also to the Fleet Operations Manager.
The job will be 70% Office based and 30% site based. You will be expected to travel throughout the UK and Ireland with occasional visits to Europe. The job will usually only require Monday to Friday working hours.
* A good team player, who enjoys working with people from different professional and cultural backgrounds.
* Good organisational skills with the ability to; design, plan, coordinate and execute complex tasks.
* A good understanding of DNO/High Voltage safety rules.
* The ability to understand complex electrical drawings, and act as technical support to the service and project team.
* An individual with good communication skills who is comfortable in front of customers and suppliers.
* An ability to develop effective working relationships with the various decision makers within the relevant utilities.
* An ambitious individual who is keen to take on new skills and develop their career and who is able to put in the time and effort required to develop into this role.
* An individual who is able to travel as required by the role.
* Qualified to BEng or BSc level or equivalent knowledge and experience.
* Wind industry experience.
* In Depth Experience of the Wind Turbine Safety Rules to Authorising Engineer status.
* Proven experience as Senior Authorised Person and Authorising Engineer.
* Ability to manage a team of Maintenance technicians.
* Good written and spoken English. Some knowledge of German would be useful.
* Strong IT skills – MS Excel, MS Word.
GE Renewable Energy is a 9 billion dollar start-up that brings together one of the broadest product and service portfolios of the renewable energy industry. With 13,000 employees present in more than 40 countries, and headquartered in Paris, GE Renewable Energy is backed-up by the resources of the world’s first digital industrial company. We take the earth’s most abundant resources - the strength of the wind, the force of water, and the heat of the sun, - and put them to work with breakthrough technology that unleashes their true possibilities. Combining onshore and offshore wind, hydro and innovative technologies such as concentrated solar power, GE Renewable Energy has installed more than 370 gigawatts capacity globally to make the world work better and cleaner.
GE is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, and according with all local laws protecting different status.
Follow us on Twitter, join our LinkedIn Group or become a fan of our Facebook page. Receive job and event notifications by becoming a member of the GE Talent Community. Stay up to date on what’s happening at GE around the globe by checking out the GE Careers Blog.
Locations: Ireland, United Kingdom