HV Grid Manager (HV) - En-Spiral
This job expired on 16-01-2013
Browse Renewable Energy Jobs by Region
Browse Renewable Energy Jobs by Job Categories
Here are some similar jobs for you to consider...
Project Site Manager - Anaerobic Digestion 3 days ago
Cambridgeshire, Suffolk, Cambridge
Salary band: £50k - £60k
An excellent opportunity for a Project Manager with sharp experience in Renewables, Waste Water or Construction to join a leading technology provider that will offer you a fresh challenge and a gre...
Wind Resource Manager Yesterday
Salary band: Any
In addition to carrying out project work and offering general assistance to senior management, the Wind Resource Manager will have the following key responsibilities and accountabilities: Line and ...
Contaminated Land Project Manager 23 days ago
Salary band: £25k - £30k
Job Title: Project Manager Industry Sector: Ground Engineering, Environmental, Geoenvironmental Job Type: Permanent Salary: up to £30,000 Site/Office Location: South-East Regional Coverage: South-...
Waste Management Consultant - Bristol 15 days ago
Salary band: £25k - £30k
Job Title: Environmental Consultant Industry Sector: Waste Management & Resource Management (Consultancy) Job Type: Permanent Salary: up to £28,000 Office Location: Bristol/South West Consultant:...
Technical Project Manager 3 days ago
Salary band: £60k - £70k
Technical Project Manager – London, UK £40000- £60000 + Benefits. The company, an Independent Power Producer (IPP) who finance, develop, construct and operate their own solar PV p...
|Salary band:||£70k - £80k|
|Salary Details:||£50000 - £75000 per annum + + car+ package|
|Location:||Cambridgeshire , City , Maidenhead , Bristol , Swindon|
|Job Categories:||Electricity T&D Jobs|
Our client is one of Europe's leading developers and investors with the renewable energy market. They are well backed and committed to developing majors utility scale developments and have an enviable track record. With a strong pipeline they are well set for future growth.
It is through this planned, organic expansion they are looking to hire a Senior Engineer to manage and direct their Grid Connectivity operations for the major projects. This is a key role and will report directly into the board operations director.
This is a rare opportunity to work with a global player working with a real growth plan that will develop both your commercial and technical skills
Purpose of the role:
To ensure the grid connections are delivered in a timely and cost effective manner and ensure that the connection is appropriate managed and maintained through the lifetime of the plants
Duties and responsibilities:
· To provide technical assistance during project development to ensure the factors influencing and influenced by the grid connection are considered.
· To manage the process of grid applications ensuring they are submitted in a timely manner and progress through the DNO processes without delay.
· To manage relationships and create framework agreements (including performance management) with ICPs to ensure the required delivery capacity at the appropriate commercial terms
· To develop standardised arrangements for grid connections that reduce installation time and cost whilst maintaining or improving plant.
· Support the delivery of projects by providing grid expertise to the project managers throughout the project lifecycle.
· Support the operation and maintenance of the plants by providing grid expertise to the O&M team managers throughout the life of the plant
.· Develop and maintain excellent relationships with the DNO design and delivery teams ensuring projects progressing smoothly through the project lifecycle.
This position requires a developed understanding of the HV industry and the grid connectivity frameworks and workings held within this industry. This can be gained by working with a DNO, ICP or similar business.
Full conversant with the end to end DNO/ICP process for generator connections
Experienced at negotiating the legal and commercial aspects of connection contracts
Good network of contacts across the DNO and ICP environment.
Candidates must be experienced with the UK power industry and eligible to work in the UK