HV Grid Manager (HV) - En-Spiral
This job expired on 16-01-2013
Browse Renewable Energy Jobs by Region
Browse Renewable Energy Jobs by Job Categories
Here are some similar jobs for you to consider...
Grid Manager 9 days ago
Grid Planner Required !! Highly reputable Energy Company requires a grid planner, to affect a strategy for grid analysis and connections. Main responsibilities include maintaining and developing ...
Offshore Wind Grid Connection Specialist about 1 month ago
Job Title: Offshore Wind Grid Connection Specialist Job Type: Permanent Salary: £45 : 55,000 Location: London Consultant: Nick Gillison Ref: OWGCP:NG The Organisation: The Green Recruitment Compa...
Sales Manager 26 days ago
Salisbury, Chippenham, Trowbridge, Warminster
Sales Manager required for a Renewable Energy company in the Wiltshire area. The successful Sales Manager will manage a team of telesales operatives as well as developing business within the commer...
Sales Manager 20 days ago
Cullompton, Honiton, Tiverton
Sales Manager required for a leading engineering company in Devon. The Sales Manager will be a key part of this companyâs organisation and a vital part of driving a sales team forwards. Experienc...
|Salary band:||£70k - £80k|
|Salary Details:||£50000 - £75000 per annum + + car+ package|
|Location:||Cambridgeshire , City , Maidenhead , Bristol , Swindon|
|Job Categories:||Electricity T&D Jobs|
Our client is one of Europe's leading developers and investors with the renewable energy market. They are well backed and committed to developing majors utility scale developments and have an enviable track record. With a strong pipeline they are well set for future growth.
It is through this planned, organic expansion they are looking to hire a Senior Engineer to manage and direct their Grid Connectivity operations for the major projects. This is a key role and will report directly into the board operations director.
This is a rare opportunity to work with a global player working with a real growth plan that will develop both your commercial and technical skills
Purpose of the role:
To ensure the grid connections are delivered in a timely and cost effective manner and ensure that the connection is appropriate managed and maintained through the lifetime of the plants
Duties and responsibilities:
· To provide technical assistance during project development to ensure the factors influencing and influenced by the grid connection are considered.
· To manage the process of grid applications ensuring they are submitted in a timely manner and progress through the DNO processes without delay.
· To manage relationships and create framework agreements (including performance management) with ICPs to ensure the required delivery capacity at the appropriate commercial terms
· To develop standardised arrangements for grid connections that reduce installation time and cost whilst maintaining or improving plant.
· Support the delivery of projects by providing grid expertise to the project managers throughout the project lifecycle.
· Support the operation and maintenance of the plants by providing grid expertise to the O&M team managers throughout the life of the plant
.· Develop and maintain excellent relationships with the DNO design and delivery teams ensuring projects progressing smoothly through the project lifecycle.
This position requires a developed understanding of the HV industry and the grid connectivity frameworks and workings held within this industry. This can be gained by working with a DNO, ICP or similar business.
Full conversant with the end to end DNO/ICP process for generator connections
Experienced at negotiating the legal and commercial aspects of connection contracts
Good network of contacts across the DNO and ICP environment.
Candidates must be experienced with the UK power industry and eligible to work in the UK