HV Grid Manager (HV) - En-Spiral
This job expired on 13-02-2013
Browse Renewable Energy Jobs by Region
Browse Renewable Energy Jobs by Job Categories
Here are some similar jobs for you to consider...
HSQE Manager 25 days ago
Northamptonshire, Surrey, Swindon
Salary band: £80k - £90k
Great opportunity to join this unique engineering business at the forefront of their industry. They are looking for someone to head the HSQE for their COMAH controlled facilities across the UK Thi...
Site Manager 16 days ago
East Midlands, Cambridgeshire, Derbyshire
This leading solar renewables developer is seeking a experienced Site Manager to join their Project Delivery team - this is a home based role. The Site Manager will control and monitor the quality ...
O&M Technical Manager 17 days ago
My client is a leading provider of renewable energy who have the largest portfolio of Solar Assets in the UK. They are in line to double their operating capacity of ground mounted solar by the end ...
Subsea Cables Installations Manager 11 days ago
London, Central/West End, City
Salary band: £50k - £60k
Job Title: Subsea Cables Installations Manager Job Type: Permanent Salary: £50-60,000 Location: London Consultant: Nick Gillison Ref: GCF6YA The Organisation: The Green Recruitment company have...
Design Manager 7 days ago
Bristol, Plymouth, Newport
Green Recruitment Solutions are currently seeking a Design Manager who has a track record of motivating teams, as well as proven management and leadership skills. You will be equipped with the nece...
|Salary band:||£70k - £80k|
|Salary Details:||£50000 - £75000 per annum + + car+ package|
|Location:||Cambridgeshire , City , Maidenhead , Bristol , Swindon|
|Job Categories:||Electricity T&D Jobs|
Our client is one of Europe's leading developers and investors with the renewable energy market. They are well backed and committed to developing majors utility scale developments and have an enviable track record. With a strong pipeline they are well set for future growth.
It is through this planned, organic expansion they are looking to hire a Senior Engineer to manage and direct their Grid Connectivity operations for the major projects. This is a key role and will report directly into the board operations director.
This is a rare opportunity to work with a global player working with a real growth plan that will develop both your commercial and technical skills
Purpose of the role:
To ensure the grid connections are delivered in a timely and cost effective manner and ensure that the connection is appropriate managed and maintained through the lifetime of the plants
Duties and responsibilities:
· To provide technical assistance during project development to ensure the factors influencing and influenced by the grid connection are considered.
· To manage the process of grid applications ensuring they are submitted in a timely manner and progress through the DNO processes without delay.
· To manage relationships and create framework agreements (including performance management) with ICPs to ensure the required delivery capacity at the appropriate commercial terms
· To develop standardised arrangements for grid connections that reduce installation time and cost whilst maintaining or improving plant.
· Support the delivery of projects by providing grid expertise to the project managers throughout the project lifecycle.
· Support the operation and maintenance of the plants by providing grid expertise to the O&M team managers throughout the life of the plant
.· Develop and maintain excellent relationships with the DNO design and delivery teams ensuring projects progressing smoothly through the project lifecycle.
This position requires a developed understanding of the HV industry and the grid connectivity frameworks and workings held within this industry. This can be gained by working with a DNO, ICP or similar business.
Full conversant with the end to end DNO/ICP process for generator connections
Experienced at negotiating the legal and commercial aspects of connection contracts
Good network of contacts across the DNO and ICP environment.
Candidates must be experienced with the UK power industry and eligible to work in the UK