3 months ago
Junior IT Security Engineer_Progression in2 Consulting
London (nr. London Waterloo), My client is looking for a candidate who wants a career in IT Security Engineering and Consulting, installing, configuring and building IT Security solutions for external customers ranging from network to application level. The role will eventually see you move into a Technical Pre-Sales Sales hybrid Technical Consultant position working closely with SME sized companies as a trusted advisor where possible.
Must have had 2-3 years commercial experience in a systems administration or IT Engineering role with some exposure to IT Security. Relevant degree with internship or sandwich year experience also considered.
You will get first hand hands on commercial vendor on-line and classroom training with best of breed vendors for DDoS, UTM/Firewalls, Web Security, Gateway Security, Email Security, Application Security, Data Loss Prevention, EndPoint Security, Mobile Security, Identity Access Management (IAM), Digital Forensics tools etc.
The role (opportunity) offers you the chance to learn about Consulting / Professional Services as you ease your way into Technical Consulting Professional Services team whilst furthering your expertise on the underlying IT network and server infrastructure as well as learning the ever changing complex IT Security products combating Cyber Crime.
75% of the role will involve administrative duties for the Professional Services team such as : -
- Managing the calendar of the consultants relative to the projects/product being delivered that they are involved in.
- Project Engagement Life-cycle Management, working with the clients stakeholders and all parties to ensure the successful deployment, marketing, contractual arrangements.
- You will manage multiple client projects and engagements and be pivotal in highlighting areas of concern to mgmt whilst ensuring customer success.
25% of the role will involve actual Technical Delivery ( to begin with and build up as your knowledge and hands on expertise increases )
- This part of the role is hands on will see you working in a mixed and varied capacity where you will be providing desktop support refining your Support skills across a typical office infrastructure, supporting Windows Servers v2008, 2012, Active Directory Admin, MS Exchange mail server, File Share and also basic networking products such as routers, hubs and switches.
- You will be encouraged to undergo vendor training on the Technical Security products from the respective vendor they partner in addition to learning the underlying business concepts associated with the products. e.g. Data Loss Prevention (DLP), Digital Forensics, EndPoint Security, Identity Access Management (IAM), Network Management/Monitoring Security and Web and Email gateway security.
This career path will lead you to the point where you will not only be able to deploy the technical solutions but also be the business/technical person providing the technical guidance and advice to customers where you will be able to discuss and provide solutions on CyberCrime, DLP, Governance, Mobile Security implications, Insider Threats and Trust.
Send your CV ASAP.