M&E Design Team Leader - Renewable Heating - En-Spiral
This job expired on 25-12-2012
Browse Renewable Energy Jobs by Region
Browse Renewable Energy Jobs by Job Categories
Here are some similar jobs for you to consider...
Green Recruitment Solutions are seeking a Lead Commissioning Engineer with experience of commissioning large power plants. Experience of commissioning Energy from Waste plants will be advantageous....
Senior Mechanical Design Engineer 4 days ago
Bristol, Gloucestershire, Exeter
Green Recruitment Solutions are working with one of the world’s leading engineering and construction companies who are seeking a Senior Mechanical Design Engineer to join their Energy from Wa...
Energy Solution Engineer: District Heating 22 days ago
Salary band: £40k - £50k
Energy Solution Engineer: District Heating Salary: £55,000 + company car, bonus and other benefits Job Type: Permanent Location: South East with national travel Consultant: Tim Hall Ref: ESDH712 ...
O&M Technical Manager 17 days ago
My client is a leading provider of renewable energy who have the largest portfolio of Solar Assets in the UK. They are in line to double their operating capacity of ground mounted solar by the end ...
Learning and Development Manager Yesterday
Salary band: Any
The role operates in a matrix structure and reports to the regional Head of HR and the Group Head of Organisational Development. At an operational level, it has influence across the EMEA region and...
|Salary band:||£40k - £50k|
|Salary Details:||£35000 - £50000 per annum|
|Job Categories:||Consulting Jobs|
We have a fantastic opportunity for a Mechanical/Electrical Design Engineering Team-Leader, ideally with an M&E or Building Services Engineering background in renewable energy (particularly control systems for renewable heat solutions) to lead the Mechanical and Electrical design team and undertake hands-on design activity for their own projects.
Specific responsibilities will include:
- Managing the team (including mentoring/coaching) prioritising and scheduling work schemes.
- Detailed design of renewable heat installations with a particular emphasis on the integration of renewable solutions with existing infrastructure. Activities include calculations, equipment and control systems selection and detailed design and drafting, including the definition of installation standards and specifications.
- Leadership of the equipment selection and specification process, including evaluation of new technologies and opportunities
- Liaison with Operations and Technical Sales teams, clients and external M&E contractors and consultants. This includes initial feasibility assessment at the early quotation/tender stages of a project, on-going support through system design and installation as well as after sales support.
The ideal candidate will have:
- Qualified as a mechanical/electrical engineer at HNC/degree level.
- Appropriate building services/renewable energy industry qualifications and accreditation's.
- Experience of the full range of renewable technologies, including Air/Ground/Water Source Heat Pumps, Biomass, Solar Thermal and Solar PV, at all scales from domestic to large commercial installations.
- In-depth training/experience in the design of all elements of renewable energy technologies, particularly electrical control systems for renewable heat installations and the design of air and ground-source heat pump systems. Knowledge of the design, operation and control of district heat networks would be a distinct advantage as would understanding of heat metering eligibility for the Renewable Heat Incentive (RHI)
- Knowledge of pressure systems standards and controls, CDM legislation and the use of CIBSE selection guides. Knowledge and experience in the use of AutoCAD or similar design software
- Experience in the design of Solar PV systems, 30kWp and above would be also be an advantage
- Highly developed and effective interpersonal, communication and teamwork skills. Ability to act independently, prioritise work and make intelligent but pragmatic business decisions whilst having the judgement to know when to discuss and gain support from the Operations Director
- Drive, energy and a relentless dissatisfaction with the status quo. Must appreciate that this is an entrepreneurial business with demanding objectives that must be achieved quickly. Excellent written skills, with accuracy and attention to detail are essential
Candidates must be eligible to work on the UK