M&E Design Team Leader - Renewable Heating - En-Spiral
This job expired on 25-12-2012
Browse Renewable Energy Jobs by Region
Browse Renewable Energy Jobs by Job Categories
Here are some similar jobs for you to consider...
Technical Manager - Solar Farm 27 days ago
Salary band: £40k - £50k
Our client is growing renewable energy company with a specialist focus on Solar PV projects. They focus on both commercial and residential installations and have a number of large projects in opera...
Technical Manager 21 days ago
Manchester, Oldham, Hyde
Salary band: £25k - £30k
Technical Manager is required for a heating company based in Manchester. The successful Technical Manager will have a strong technical knowledge within the heating sector and have previously manage...
Mechanical Design Engineer 21 days ago
Salary band: £30k - £40k
Mechanical Design Engineer Rugby £ Competitive! Our client is a global leader in the world of power generation, power transmission and rail infrastructure and sets the benchmark for innovative and...
Electrician (Heat Pumps) 19 days ago
Salary band: £25k - £30k
Great opportunity to join a fast-growing renewable energy installer who design supply and install air, ground and water source heat pumps. Based in Kidderminster you will be part of an installation...
Lead Landscape Architect 17 days ago
South West, Gloucestershire, Stroud
Salary band: £60k - £70k
Lead Landscape ArchitectAre you a Lead Landscape Architect? If you are looking to work for one of the best workplaces in the UK with a reputation for excellence in the Renewables sector, this could...
|Salary band:||£40k - £50k|
|Salary Details:||£35000 - £50000 per annum|
|Job Categories:||Consulting Jobs|
We have a fantastic opportunity for a Mechanical/Electrical Design Engineering Team-Leader, ideally with an M&E or Building Services Engineering background in renewable energy (particularly control systems for renewable heat solutions) to lead the Mechanical and Electrical design team and undertake hands-on design activity for their own projects.
Specific responsibilities will include:
- Managing the team (including mentoring/coaching) prioritising and scheduling work schemes.
- Detailed design of renewable heat installations with a particular emphasis on the integration of renewable solutions with existing infrastructure. Activities include calculations, equipment and control systems selection and detailed design and drafting, including the definition of installation standards and specifications.
- Leadership of the equipment selection and specification process, including evaluation of new technologies and opportunities
- Liaison with Operations and Technical Sales teams, clients and external M&E contractors and consultants. This includes initial feasibility assessment at the early quotation/tender stages of a project, on-going support through system design and installation as well as after sales support.
The ideal candidate will have:
- Qualified as a mechanical/electrical engineer at HNC/degree level.
- Appropriate building services/renewable energy industry qualifications and accreditation's.
- Experience of the full range of renewable technologies, including Air/Ground/Water Source Heat Pumps, Biomass, Solar Thermal and Solar PV, at all scales from domestic to large commercial installations.
- In-depth training/experience in the design of all elements of renewable energy technologies, particularly electrical control systems for renewable heat installations and the design of air and ground-source heat pump systems. Knowledge of the design, operation and control of district heat networks would be a distinct advantage as would understanding of heat metering eligibility for the Renewable Heat Incentive (RHI)
- Knowledge of pressure systems standards and controls, CDM legislation and the use of CIBSE selection guides. Knowledge and experience in the use of AutoCAD or similar design software
- Experience in the design of Solar PV systems, 30kWp and above would be also be an advantage
- Highly developed and effective interpersonal, communication and teamwork skills. Ability to act independently, prioritise work and make intelligent but pragmatic business decisions whilst having the judgement to know when to discuss and gain support from the Operations Director
- Drive, energy and a relentless dissatisfaction with the status quo. Must appreciate that this is an entrepreneurial business with demanding objectives that must be achieved quickly. Excellent written skills, with accuracy and attention to detail are essential
Candidates must be eligible to work on the UK