3 months ago
Manufacturing Quality Engineer - responsible for process and product improvements; driving manufacturing quality metrics to meet the goals/objectives of the business.
* Support Continuous Improvement activities aligned to Plant Quality metrics including but not limited to: Customer defect rate, Cost of Quality, manufacturing yield and L1L2.
* Support containment and resolution of Supply Chain related non-conformance and Ship Holds.
* Operationalize QMS policies/procedures/WI/control for production operations at the site.
* Support daily Supply Chain meeting and assignments of quality technicians.
* Co-ordinate effective documentation and implementation of Deviation Requests, Concessions and ECO’s.
* Lead DoA Investigations (e.g. 8D etc.) with cross-functional teams to root cause and CA/PA implementation.
* Responsible for the scheduling, completion and documentation of Internal audits including process audits.
* Support Supplier Audits, Part Qualifications, Supplier Deviation Requests and Supplier Corrective Action Requests.
* Hosting and preparing for external audits and customer visits, FATs etc.
* Provide required quality information to assist with customer enquiries.
* Utilize Data Analysis and Problem-Solving methodologies to identify and address (Process/Product) Areas for Improvement.
* Communicating investigation/project status to cross functional groups.
* Bachelor’s degree in a technical field or equivalent knowledge or experience
* Minimum proven experience in a technically focused manufacturing environment.
* Proven ability to lead teams and work cross functionally to deliver results and drive quality culture change.
* Demonstrated ability to resolve complex technical issues using proven problem-solving techniques (e.g. 8D, Six Sigma etc.)
* Excellent verbal and written communication skill at all levels of the organization
Applications from job seekers who require sponsorship to work in the UK are welcome and will be considered alongside all other applications. However, non-EU/EEA candidates may not be appointed to a post if a suitably qualified, experienced and skilled EU/EEA candidate is available to take up the post, as the employing body is unlikely, in these circumstances, to satisfy the Resident Labour Market Test. For further information please visit the UK Border Agency website
* Certified Internal Auditor
* Six Sigma qualification (Green Belt or Black Belt)
GE Power is a world leader in power generation with deep domain expertise that helps customers deliver electricity from a wide spectrum of fuel sources. We are transforming the electricity industry with the digital power plant, the world’s largest & most efficient gas turbine, full balance of plant solutions and our data-leveraging software. Our innovative technologies and digital offerings help make power and water more affordable, reliable, accessible and sustainable.
Locations: United Kingdom; Lisburn
GE will only employ those who are legally authorized to work in the United States for this opening.