Marine Coordinator - Quanta Consultancy Services
This job expired on 06-01-2013
Browse Renewable Energy Jobs by Region
Here are some similar jobs for you to consider...
Renewable Energy - Project Manager 21 days ago
North West, Manchester, Blackburn
Salary band: £40k - £50k
Our Renewable Energy Company offers a design, Installation and Commissioning service on domestic and commercial renewable energy projects. We cover the whole of the UK and we are currently looking...
Engineering Manager – Energy from Waste Yesterday
North West, Manchester
Salary band: £60k - £70k
A leading Energy from Waste Company is currently seeking to recruit an Engineering Manager to help deliver projects from an engineering perspective. Working alongside the Project Manager (and somet...
Renewable Energy Sales Consultant 21 days ago
Yorkshire, Aberdeenshire, Glasgow
HOTHOUSE ENERGY are a truly unique Renewable Energy business that saw 200% growth last year. We are currently recruiting for Sales people/surveyors to demonstrate and sell our R...
Hydrographic Survey Manager 25 days ago
Salary band: £40k - £50k
Job Title: Hydrographic Survey Manager Job Type: Permanent Salary: £50,000 Location: London Consultant: Nick Gillison Ref: HSM:NG The Organisation: The Green Recruitment Company are working wit...
Document Controller 21 days ago
My client, who is a leading operator in the renewable space is searching for a document controller to join their development team. Previous experience in the industry is not specific but a sound kn...
|Company:||Quanta Consultancy Services|
|Job Categories:||Environmental Jobs | Wind Energy Jobs|
The client develops, builds and operates offshore wind farms along the coasts of several European countries. There is currently a requirement for a marine Coordinator to work on an Offshore Wind Farm project based in North West UK.
The Marine Co-ordinator will provide support to the General and Deputy Site Manager and lead Marine Coordinator, and will have the day to day responsibility for the base harbour port and offshore field marine coordination activities.
The Construction Works includes, all components related to the installation of foundations, turbines, Substation and Inter-turbine Cables, including harbour management and collection of components from the manufacturing facilities.
The Marine Co-ordination team will provide dedicated marine logistic personnel at the site office / base harbour port 24/7/365, with 24/7/365 response to all urgent or emergency enquiries between construction start date and construction completion date.
* Carrying out marine coordination duties for the project on a 12-24 hour/day basis with a duty telephone for the out-of-hours response.
* Daily running of the marine coordination office. The Marine Coordinator will be the principal point of contact for the wind farm in response to any emergency situations that occur during the Offshore Construction stage.
* Carrying out or coordination of audits and suitability surveys of vessels prior to their acceptance and any other marine assignments in agreement with your line manager and the client project team.
* Coordinating offshore access for vessels and personnel with the Construction Manager in relation to the project permit to work system.
* Issuing daily reports to the project team, (weather forecasts, DMR’s etc).
* Attending daily site management meetings with all relevant weather and vessel data.
* Site Inductions, training certificates logging and management of offshore personnel transfers, embarkation – disembarkation and tracking and liaising with the vessel coordination system.
* Issuing notice to mariners.
* Supporting the Client Offshore Representatives / Lift Supervisors and Contractor
* Providing the Lead Marine Co-ordinator (MC) with project management reports, for inclusion in the monthly Project report.
* Alerting the Lead MC to any perceived trends relating to HSE risks or transgressions developing onshore / offshore as they arise; e.g. Early Warning.
* Master Mariner / Offshore Skipper / 1st Mate
* Significant experience as offshore construction Marine Coordinator
* Certification and training as Radio Operator
* Certification and training as Marine safety coordinator
* Certified training for working offshore