5 months ago
Job Title: Marketing Manager
Salary: £36,500 - £55,000 plus cash/car allowance
Permanent | Full Time Hours with flexible working patterns available | 40 hours per week
Realising Energy Solutions` mission to become the leading UK provider of energy management solutions requires a change in its marketing capability and organisation. The development of a newly integrated sales and marketing function is a key element of the plan to drive further ambitious growth within the Wholesale division.
Looking to move towards insight driven, customer centric business proposition development and marketing communication campaigns, the team now require a Marketing Manager in support of the Energy Solutions Sales and new business / account development teams to help deliver this goal.
Acting as the main point of contact between a marketing function and the Sales management team, and driving the development of marketing strategy, you’ll work to develop and execute specific prop-osition driven campaigns, product launches and communications programmes to support the com-mercial objectives of the business across sales channels/routes to market.
Key Accountabilities include:
- Working with the Support Sales team, to define and refine the strategy for customer acquisition and retention, helping to ensure a constant generation of business leads
- Developing clear plan of marketing activities which deliver positive ROI, analysing data to report on performance, formulating strategies where necessary improve any underperforming campaigns and communications
- Working with the New Product/Technology development team, develop and deliver a range of differentiated customer facing propositions which enhance Energy Solutions brand credentials and drive deeper customer engagement
- Driving the development of customer engagement strategy to support the Sales team to address key target business sectors (e.g. Universities, Health, Retail) and deliver a compelling, relevant and differentiated customer proposition
- Delivering the implementation of new products and service launches to Energy Solutions Sales/ Operations and Partner channel teams (e.g. Business Energy
- Defining and taking ownership of outstanding internal stakeholder service and be accountable for its execution through quality of marketing campaign activity
- Conducting desk research to ensure that the Business is fully aware and informed of key market intelligence around industry developments/competition and trends within key target markets and channels.
- Controlling associated marketing budget, monitoring the expenditures and costs, communicating regularly with the Finance team
- Complying with all legislative industry marketing standards and follow set processes for routine work
- Managing the interface with key stakeholders keeping them engaged and informed. including internal/external clients, colleagues, supplier and partner organisations
- Embracing the SSE Safety Culture
- Ensuring all SSE internal and external approvals procedures including finance, procurement, legal and compliance are followed and documented
Your Skills and Experience
- Appropriate business degree and/or experience in marketing communications
- Excellent all round communication skills
- Commercial and logical thinker
- Product marketing or Marketing communication experience within a blue - chip marketing environment
- Experience of presenting to and working with senior executives
- Good knowledge of budgeting
- Excellent Report Writing Skills
- Project Management Experience
- Full driving license required
- Marketing qualification is good but not necessary
- Interest in technology based services
Energy Solutions, our energy optimisation division - helps businesses achieve reductions in their buildings' energy consumption through the maintenance and optimisation of their Building Management Systems.
With more than 22,000 employees working over 242 locations, we strive to be a great place to work for everyone. In addition to a competitive salary, you’ll automatically be enrolled in into our Group Pension Plan and have the opportunity to join our Share plans. You’ll enjoy a generous annual leave entitlement of 34 days, with the option to buy up to 10 extra days. Each employee is also entitled to one day paid volunteering, allowing you to dedicate your time, skills and expertise to your local community or a charitable cause as part of our “Be the Difference” scheme.
Just click the Apply button to submit your application, it doesn’t take long.
Closing date for applications is: Tuesday 5th June, 2018
This vacancy is open to internal and external candidates. If you’re internal, please notify your line manager before you submit your application. If you’re successful, we’ll conduct some pre-employment checks.