Our Client:EarthStream proudly works in collaboration with the global leader in the world of power generation, power transmission and rail infrastructure and sets the benchmark for innovative and environmentally friendly technologies. Our client employs nearly 100,000 people in more than 70 countries, and had sales of over 23 billion in 2009/10.
Job Description: In order to add to ever growing Wind department, our client is looking for an O&M Offshore Technician, who will be responsible for the scheduled and unscheduled maintenance, troubleshooting and repair on offshore wind turbines.
Reporting to Prototype Manager, please find below a sample of your duties:
- You will be able to climb a ladder without assistance and work at heights in excess of 100m.
- You will be transferred to the turbines either through vessel or helicopter (hoisting) and may be required to work in adverse weather conditions as long as it is safe to do so.
- You may from time to time be required to work extended hours as well as late evenings, early mornings, weekends, and holidays.
- You will start to work on offshore/onshore prototype(s) before moving to different offshore wind farms for short-medium term interventions.
- You will comply with the HSE policy and procedures.
The position is based in western France during the prototyping period (1 to 2 years).
Candidate Requirements: You will be a Technical engineer in wind-related fields (electricity, mechanics, energy techniques) or VT II and ideally have complementary studies in electricity; electronics, mechanics, IT, logistics, quality or risk prevention.
You can justify of a strong experience on wind turbines, fully involved in scheduled and unscheduled maintenance. Experience offshore and / or on a prototype will be appreciated
English is imperative, French is a significant advantage and other European languages such as Spanish and German are welcome.EarthStream is a specialist global recruiting business dedicated to the energy, resources & environment sectors that is uniquely positioned to understand the interplay and increasing convergence between these sectors. We specialize exclusively in the energy, resources and environment sectors with our capability in providing staff across a range of technical, engineering, scientific and commercial disciplines. The recruiters in each of our industry specific divisions understand the unique skills and requirements of each vertical sector and where to find the best people in that field. With operations in five continents we have the coverage and experience to service our clients and candidates anywhere in the world