Offshore Mechanical Engineer - Wave Energy - Spencer Ogden
This job expired on 20-02-2013
Browse Renewable Energy Jobs by Region
Browse Renewable Energy Jobs by Job Categories
Here are some similar jobs for you to consider...
B2B Renewable Energy Executive 12 days ago
Scotland, Aberdeenshire, Dundee
HOTHOUSE ENERGY is a truly unique Renewable Energy business that saw 200% growth last year. This is an excellent opportunity for a B2B professional to join an expanding company in this growth area....
Solar PV Electrician/Engineer (full-time) 24 days ago
Salary band: £30k - £40k
SUNfarming is one of Europe’s leading Solar PV providers with more than 20 years experience providing solar energy solutions. Installing over 30MWp of Photovoltaic systems per year and specialising...
Energy Account Manager 9 days ago
Salary band: £25k - £30k
Job Title: Account Manager Industry Sector: Energy/Utilities Job Type: Permanent Salary: £25-30,000 DOE Location: Leicestershire Consultant: Aimee Mail Referenc...
Senior Electrical Design Engineer 8 days ago
Salary band: £70k - £80k
We are working with a global player within the provision of Consulting building services. Their reach and reputation ensures that you would be working on major blue chip schemes and with leading ar...
Head of EPC Construction, Solar 5 days ago
Salary band: Any
Head of EPC Construction, Solar $110k - $140k plus bonus & benefits A leading independent developer of utility scale ground-mounted Solar plants in the USA, with one of the largest project pip...
|Job Categories:||Wind Energy Jobs|
The Senior Mechanical Engineer will work within the Engineering Department, developing the design of future generations of wave power technology to achieve cost and quality targets. He/she will have responsibility for the design of sub-systems, and knowledge and experience of the technologies required to manufacture, install, operate and maintain the device in a cost effective manner and reliable manner.
Working within a multi-disciplined department the Senior Mechanical Engineer will be required to respond to a wide variety of technical challenges that will require an innovative approach. The successful candidate will be accountable for the delivery of the following:
· Develop concept design solutions, working both with internal colleagues and managing external consultants and suppliers, to ensure design is fit for purpose and cost effective
· Create solutions that maximise availability and increase product design life, reduce the cost of power and simplify manufacturability, assembly and installation
· Reduce manufacture, fabrication and installation costs through effective design strategies
· Create specifications for component procurement and sub-system detailed design
· Manage the testing of components and sub-systems
· Management and mentoring of junior engineers to support achievement of Chartership and personal development.
· Application of Project Management (Prince 2) methodology to all work packages
· Identify interface issues with other relevant work packages and take responsibility for communication and implementation of interface solutions
· You will be responsible for managing a complex delivery schedule and budget, and accountable for managing a range of external contractors working on scopes under your control. This role demands excellent communication and organisation skills.
Skills, Knowledge and Experience required
The Senior Mechanical Engineer will have the following knowledge and experience:
· Degree qualified in Mechanical Engineering or a related subject
· Chartered, or near completion of chartered status, with IMechE or similar body
· Significant post graduation experience in the design and manufacture of (ideally marine based) mechanical systems OR in the design and operation of drive trains and rotating machinery
· Proven ability to apply engineering skills through the life of a system, from conceptual design through to procurement, installation, commissioning and operation
For more information about this role please contact our London office