Offshore Mechanical Engineer - Wave Energy - Spencer Ogden
This job expired on 20-02-2013
Browse Renewable Energy Jobs by Region
Browse Renewable Energy Jobs by Job Categories
Here are some similar jobs for you to consider...
Renewable Energy Sales Consultant 22 days ago
Yorkshire, Aberdeenshire, Glasgow
HOTHOUSE ENERGY are a truly unique Renewable Energy business that saw 200% growth last year. We are currently recruiting for Sales people/surveyors to demonstrate and sell our R...
Energy Engineer 28 days ago
Salary band: £25k - £30k
Job Title: Energy Engineer Job Type: Permanent Salary: up to £30,000 Location: Bedford Consultant: Tom Wood Reference: ENEC6F Are you passionate about energy efficiency£ Do you have an interest ...
Electrical Discipline Engineer - Edinburgh 28 days ago
Salary band: £30k - £40k
Electrical Discipline Engineer - Edinburgh - Water/ Wastewater- Permanent Huxley Engineering and one of the UK's leading names in Water Division are looking to recruit Electrical Discipline Enginee...
Design Enigneer 21 days ago
Design EngineerProgressive Global Energy are currently working to recruit for an experienced Design Engineer to join an expanding team. ResponsibilitiesTo design new products as well as improve upo...
Site Engineer 20 days ago
Glasgow, Perth & Kinross, Edinburgh
Our client has grown over the last 45 years, currently employing over 200 staff throughout the UK. They have an opportunity for highly motivated, multi tasking Engineer’s to join the team. Ha...
|Job Categories:||Wind Energy Jobs|
The Senior Mechanical Engineer will work within the Engineering Department, developing the design of future generations of wave power technology to achieve cost and quality targets. He/she will have responsibility for the design of sub-systems, and knowledge and experience of the technologies required to manufacture, install, operate and maintain the device in a cost effective manner and reliable manner.
Working within a multi-disciplined department the Senior Mechanical Engineer will be required to respond to a wide variety of technical challenges that will require an innovative approach. The successful candidate will be accountable for the delivery of the following:
· Develop concept design solutions, working both with internal colleagues and managing external consultants and suppliers, to ensure design is fit for purpose and cost effective
· Create solutions that maximise availability and increase product design life, reduce the cost of power and simplify manufacturability, assembly and installation
· Reduce manufacture, fabrication and installation costs through effective design strategies
· Create specifications for component procurement and sub-system detailed design
· Manage the testing of components and sub-systems
· Management and mentoring of junior engineers to support achievement of Chartership and personal development.
· Application of Project Management (Prince 2) methodology to all work packages
· Identify interface issues with other relevant work packages and take responsibility for communication and implementation of interface solutions
· You will be responsible for managing a complex delivery schedule and budget, and accountable for managing a range of external contractors working on scopes under your control. This role demands excellent communication and organisation skills.
Skills, Knowledge and Experience required
The Senior Mechanical Engineer will have the following knowledge and experience:
· Degree qualified in Mechanical Engineering or a related subject
· Chartered, or near completion of chartered status, with IMechE or similar body
· Significant post graduation experience in the design and manufacture of (ideally marine based) mechanical systems OR in the design and operation of drive trains and rotating machinery
· Proven ability to apply engineering skills through the life of a system, from conceptual design through to procurement, installation, commissioning and operation
For more information about this role please contact our London office