Offshore Mechanical Engineer - Wave Energy - Spencer Ogden
This job expired on 20-02-2013
Browse Renewable Energy Jobs by Region
Browse Renewable Energy Jobs by Job Categories
Here are some similar jobs for you to consider...
Mechanical Design Engineer 20 days ago
Salary band: £30k - £40k
Mechanical Design Engineer Rugby £ Competitive! Our client is a global leader in the world of power generation, power transmission and rail infrastructure and sets the benchmark for innovative and...
Connections Project Manager (Energy) 19 days ago
Salary band: Any
The Client: The Green Recruitment Company is excited to be working with an energy company offering consultancy within the industries of energy procurement, new connections and sustainable technolog...
Solar PV Design Engineer 18 days ago
Salary band: £20k - £25k
A motivated and confident PV Design Engineer is required for a well established renewable energy company based in Middlesex (Surrey). This ever growing company installs and distributes a wide range...
Lead Planning Engineer 16 days ago
Salary band: £100k +
Lead Planning EngineerAberdeen12 month contractA highly prestigious, UK based, drilling contractor is seeking a lead planning engineer to work on a number of exciting new projects over the next yea...
Salary band: Any
My client, one of the biggest energy companies in the UK, is looking to recruit a planning engineer for a biomass conversion site, based in the Glasgow area. The site is based in the North East of ...
|Job Categories:||Wind Energy Jobs|
The Senior Mechanical Engineer will work within the Engineering Department, developing the design of future generations of wave power technology to achieve cost and quality targets. He/she will have responsibility for the design of sub-systems, and knowledge and experience of the technologies required to manufacture, install, operate and maintain the device in a cost effective manner and reliable manner.
Working within a multi-disciplined department the Senior Mechanical Engineer will be required to respond to a wide variety of technical challenges that will require an innovative approach. The successful candidate will be accountable for the delivery of the following:
· Develop concept design solutions, working both with internal colleagues and managing external consultants and suppliers, to ensure design is fit for purpose and cost effective
· Create solutions that maximise availability and increase product design life, reduce the cost of power and simplify manufacturability, assembly and installation
· Reduce manufacture, fabrication and installation costs through effective design strategies
· Create specifications for component procurement and sub-system detailed design
· Manage the testing of components and sub-systems
· Management and mentoring of junior engineers to support achievement of Chartership and personal development.
· Application of Project Management (Prince 2) methodology to all work packages
· Identify interface issues with other relevant work packages and take responsibility for communication and implementation of interface solutions
· You will be responsible for managing a complex delivery schedule and budget, and accountable for managing a range of external contractors working on scopes under your control. This role demands excellent communication and organisation skills.
Skills, Knowledge and Experience required
The Senior Mechanical Engineer will have the following knowledge and experience:
· Degree qualified in Mechanical Engineering or a related subject
· Chartered, or near completion of chartered status, with IMechE or similar body
· Significant post graduation experience in the design and manufacture of (ideally marine based) mechanical systems OR in the design and operation of drive trains and rotating machinery
· Proven ability to apply engineering skills through the life of a system, from conceptual design through to procurement, installation, commissioning and operation
For more information about this role please contact our London office