about 1 year ago
Job Title: Operation Support Analyst – Telecoms (Network Diversions)
Location: Havant, Hampshire
Salary: £24,923 – £32,919 depending on skills and experience
Permanent | Full Time Hours with flexible working patterns available | 37 hours per week
SSE is one of the largest and most diverse energy companies in the UK and a successful player in the UK energy supply business with around 10 million customers across our various brands. SSE Enterprise Telecoms operate a 13,700km UK-wide telecoms network, providing services to other telecommunication providers, commercial customers and public sector organisations as well as the SSE group.
Predominately desk based, you’ll be managing Telecoms network diversion enquiries from Highway and Rail authorities, as well as Private developers. There will be an opportunity for personal development, and occasionally you will be expected to cover Project Manager duties, with a view to gaining a full understanding of the end to end project life span. This would be with a view to managing small to medium sized projects from start to finish in the future.
- Monitoring group email and postal communications
- Liaising with clients and internal colleagues in SSE finance teams to ensure a project flows through process correctly
- Responsible for updating work trackers and preparing monthly reports
- Assist the Project Managers by preparing budget estimates based on client plans and SSEET records
Your Skills and Experience
- Experience of working within a Telecoms NOC or Planning environment is preferable
- Good communication and, excellent analytical skills
- Able to manage your time effectively
- A sound grasp of the Microsoft office suite (Excel/Word/Visio/Access/Powerpoint)
- Flexible, committed and a self- motivated team worker, with excellent organisational skills.
- Able to work on your own initiative.
- Previous experience of using GIS records systems would be advantageous
- An appreciation of the New Roads & Street Works Act 1991 (NRSWA), and an understanding of the HAUC - ‘Diversionary Works Code of Practice’ would be advantageous.
The Enterprise Division comprises four companies: Contracting, Rail, Telecoms and Utilities. The SSE Enterprise Projects and Operational Support Team support the entire Enterprise division leading the deployment of best practice in assurance, project management, engineering and in handling strategic projects.
SSE Enterprise Telecoms operates a 13,700km private telecoms network, with 265 Points of Presence and connectivity to over 80 commercial data centres that span the UK. With its extensive telecoms engineering experience, the company provides commercial security with unrivalled in-house engineering resource to Service Providers, Large Enterprises and the Public Sector providing a competitive range of leading edge Ethernet, Cloud Connect, Optical Networking and Co-location services.
We have an excellent benefits package as part of our offering. Here’s a few highlights;
- Generous holiday allowance (you can even buy additional holidays)
- Great share plans
- Group Pension Plan
- One day paid volunteering
- Tailored internal development opportunities
Just click the Apply button to submit your application, it doesn’t take long.
Closing date for applications is: Tuesday 5th June 2018
This vacancy is open to internal and external candidates. If you’re internal, please notify your line manager before you submit your application. If you’re successful, we’ll conduct some pre-employment checks.