Operations Manager - Gas Installation - Morgan Hunt
This job expired on 19-12-2012
Browse Renewable Energy Jobs by Region
Here are some similar jobs for you to consider...
Survey/Installation Manager 7 days ago
Suffolk, Essex, Kent
To work in a growing renewable energy company, specialising in solar pv. Smart save solutions are looking for a survey/ installation manager to oversee all surveyors and fitters in their allocate...
Operations Manager – UK – Home Based. 2 days ago
Operations Manager – UK – Home Based. £45,000 - £55,000 My client is a consultancy who has invented a unique floating wind data collection buoy which is a unique breakthrough in the offshore wind ...
Managing Director of Operations 7 days ago
United Arab Emirates, Dubai
Managing Director of OperationsLocation: U.A.E Salary: £90,000 - £110,000 TAX free salary + package Green Recruitment Solutions are a seeking a Managing director of Operations to join a Waste Manag...
Commercial Gas Engineer 26 days ago
Cambridge, Norwich, , Bury St Edmunds
Commercial Gas Engineer required in the Suffolk or Essex area to join an established and growing mechanical services and renewable heating company, who specialise in renewable and energy efficient ...
|Salary band:||£40k - £50k|
|Salary Details:||£40,000 - £50,000|
|Location:||Bristol , Gloucestershire , Gloucester|
|Contact:||Luke Warren - 0207 419 8968|
|Job Categories:||Biofuels and Bioenergy Jobs | Combined Heat and Power (CHP) Jobs | Environmental Jobs | Thermal Energy Storage Jobs | Geothermal Energy Jobs|
My client is a well established firm specialising in the installation of renewable energy systems to the domestic and commercial market. Following a period of sustained growth over several years, my client is seeking to expand the business and push into new markets by developing a domestic gas installation division.
In order to establish and manage this they require an experienced operations manager from the domestic gas markets to support the directors of the company in establishising this new venture, before taking on the role of division operational manager and achieving objectives set out in the company business plan.
- Initially supporting development of the new division - covering recruitment, training, establishing standard operating procedures and health and safety compliance.
- Managing installation teams, surveyors, engineers and support personnel- Resolving installation issues at installation and installed stage
- Ensure all installations are completed safely and in compliance with Gas Safe regulations- Continuously adapt and improve processes to increase efficiency
- Monitor budgets and ensure installations run to agreed timescales
Experience & Background
- Extensive experience in operational management within the domestic gas sector, responsible for multiple teams across varying locations
- Previous hands on technical experience of installing and servicing gas systems
- Experience of design and specification of domestic gas systems
- It would be advantageous if candidates had a knowledge of renewable heating systems including air source heat pumps and solar thermal
Key competencies and skills
- Current gas qualifications
- Gas Safe registration. CCN1, CEN1, CKR1, CPA1, HTR1, MET1, WAT1 and Unvented Hot Water
- NVQ/C&G or equivalent in a plumbing or heating related discipline
- Appropriate electrical qualifications would be advantageous
- Professional operations management experience with strong analytical skills and an entrepenurial mindset
- Understanding and experience of working with individual customers needs rather than large scale business transactions
- Able to work independently and make practical business decisions, but also recognise when appropriate to consultant with other management and directors